Elimination Final Game Day Thread v Lions | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Elimination Final Game Day Thread v Lions

For anyone at the game how many tigers in the crowd compared to 2019?
With the talk of how the thursday timeslot would affect the crowd was surprised how many richmond bays there seemed to be on the telecast...Juat curious i guess

Back to the game i think three soft games against port,hawks and essendon plus the long break didn't help?
On the other hand the dogs had a on paper soft game against the hawks but they really took it up to them..
I've gone FULL tinfoil hat conspiracy theory lately Bill.

Do you reckon the Thursday night was an AFL decision designed to impact both our team (eg Lynch/dusty recovery) and the tiger army getting up there in droves?

What makes it even more annoying now is that we would be a massive chance against the Dees at the G. *smile*

Reactions: 1 users
I've gone FULL tinfoil hat conspiracy theory lately Bill.

Do you reckon the Thursday night was an AFL decision designed to impact both our team (eg Lynch/dusty recovery) and the tiger army getting up there in droves?
Apparently the guy who operates the ARC doesn’t work weekends so it was the only night the AFL could schedule the game

I see that even noted Tiger hater Cornhole has said that it was the wrong decision.

I think we lost this game at the selection table. Obviously easy to say in hindsight, but going into the game, where did we need more help - forward or midfield? Clearly midfield, Martin didn’t help there..Graham could’ve

Sorry if this has been done to bits...........
Every single goal that passes high over the goalposts can be pictured (depending on the angle) as being OVER the post.
For the AFL to say the ball was over the post is a joke when you consider the angle of the camera/s were not in a position to determine if the ball had crossed the goal line between the posts, thus being a goal, which is exactly what the goal umpire saw - a GOAL! P.S. It is totally irrelevant whether the player kicking for goal is celebrating or not.
WORST DECISION IN AFL HISTORY GIVEN THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GAME!

Definitely behind the goal line.
If people don't understand this then they have no idea of the flight path of a banana kick. I have kicked thousands of banana kicks and that kick behaved exactly like a banana kick behaves. It started outside the far post and it bent back through the goal posts, as the ball was also climbing higher. It was a perfectly executed banana kick, you need to get height for it to be truly effective. WE WERE ROBBED!

A good way to ensure this doesn't occur again would be to have more camera angles that actually show the full flight path of the ball. The footage taken by the fan shows that the ball disappeared behind the post as it was climbing only to reappear after it had gone through for a goal. In this instance a contrast in colour between the ball and goal post would also help to determine if the ball is in front or behind the post.

If people don't understand this then they have no idea of the flight path of a banana kick. I have kicked thousands of banana kicks and that kick behaved exactly like a banana kick behaves. It started outside the far post and it bent back through the goal posts, as the ball was also climbing higher. It was a perfectly executed banana kick, you need to get height for it to be truly effective. WE WERE ROBBED!

A good way to ensure this doesn't occur again would be to have more camera angles that actually show the full flight path of the ball. The footage taken by the fan shows that the ball disappeared behind the post as it was climbing only to reappear after it had gone through for a goal. In this instance a contrast in colour between the ball and goal post would also help to determine if the ball is in front or behind the post.
To say the ball was over the post is something only a SIMPLETON would say.