SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

SHOULD CLUBS CHALLENGE RESULTS?

Sallywinder

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2022
If ever there was a case for a club challenging a games result based on a corrupt/crooked decision, last night was the game. A decision was made that was basically illegal. There was insufficient evidence to overturn an umpire decision that directly resulted in the wrong team winning.

Richmond should appeal the AFL... with Lawyers to overturn the game result...FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME!

If and when a team actually challenges these crap Umpiring decisions that are totally corrupt, the CORRUPT CORPORATE AFL will keep making these corrupt decisions based on self interest. Someone has to stand up for the integrity of the game, and make it so the AFL doesnt dare pull this sht as they know they are going to be challenged and the game disrupted.

Richmond has a clear cut case to push the AFL into territory they dont want to go. Someone has to make a stand against this corporate corruption, or ths will continue forever.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Attempt that and we will get royally screwed, or even more screwed, by the AFL. Draws, fixtures, funds etc. The club can't do it.

The only avenue would be a class action by punters who lost bets as a result of the decision, but I would imagine the AFL would get the betting agencies to pay out for a Richmond win just to defuse that avenue.

Reactions: 1 user

Sallywinder

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2022
Attempt that and we will get royally screwed, or even more screwed, by the AFL. Draws, fixtures, funds etc. The club can't do it.

The only avenue would be a class action by punters who lost bets as a result of the decision, but I would imagine the AFL would get the betting agencies to pay out for a Richmond win just to defuse that avenue.
Is the AFL treating us that well that we wouldnt want to upset them?

Reactions: 2 users

Sallywinder

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2022
You think the AFL couldn't do worse?
I think if we act like terrorfied SHEEP then we will get treated as such. If Richmond makes a stand, or any other club, others will be sympathetic and the AFL exposed. 'When good men do nothing...'

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Sallywinder

Tiger Cub
Aug 31, 2022
The NRL have even worse problem with video umpires making cheating decisions. Fans bleet, but clubs are gutless. Same is happening in AFL... NO DESENT. YOU MUST NOT APPEAL. ARMS DOWN, STFU ETC.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think if we act like terrorfied SHEEP then we will get treated as such. If Richmond makes a stand, or any other club, others will be sympathetic and the AFL exposed. 'When good men do nothing...'
You think? If we tried some court action every single AFL fan and media commentator will rip us to shreds. No one will be on our side and most likely plenty RFC members will be against court action.

Penny may look like she's done nothing, but there's no doubt there have been a lot of discussions, debates and arguments with AFL house behind closed doors.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If ever there was a case for a club challenging a games result based on a corrupt/crooked decision, last night was the game. A decision was made that was basically illegal. There was insufficient evidence to overturn an umpire decision that directly resulted in the wrong team winning.

Richmond should appeal the AFL... with Lawyers to overturn the game result...FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME!

If and when a team actually challenges these crap Umpiring decisions that are totally corrupt, the CORRUPT CORPORATE AFL will keep making these corrupt decisions based on self interest. Someone has to stand up for the integrity of the game, and make it so the AFL doesnt dare pull this sht as they know they are going to be challenged and the game disrupted.

Richmond has a clear cut case to push the AFL into territory they dont want to go. Someone has to make a stand against this corporate corruption, or ths will continue forever.

Is it illegal to "chaIlenge" someone to a duel?...............I really want to challenge Gilligan.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
Once again AFL looking after the teams north of the border.
Instead of living away from home allowance lets just give them win a final at home allowance.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Problem is not the score review but our own dumbass players.

Lynch hailed as such a great full forward misses from 2m out

4 yes 4 of our experienced players knock each other over and fail to punch the ball through for a point

Dumb dumb dumb

The club cannot make any genuine case to review the decision when it is our own stupid fault

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Good posting.

One of the biggest issues I have with AFL supporters is that no one takes the fight up to city hall. We just bend over and cop it with no complaints. Every. Single. Time. Thursday night footy is the case in point.

Footy clubs are the same. Why does the RFC never question the days and times of our matches? Why do we never question the umpires or the controversies that we always seem to be on the wrong side of?

Sure, maybe the club does this behind the scenes, but at some point, you need to communicate this to the fans… because right now many of us are of the view the RFC is a lap dog of the AFL.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Good posting.

One of the biggest issues I have with AFL supporters is that no one takes the fight up to city hall. We just bend over and cop it with no complaints. Every. Single. Time. Thursday night footy is the case in point.
Only way things will change for the fans is to stop watching game$.

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
We will never know what goes on between the club and the AFL.

What is common knowledge is that there has been bad blood between them for a while now.

Don’t assume that just because something isn’t played out in public that the club isn’t doing something. I’m sure the club has got in the AFL’s face over many things recently, probably to the detriment of any hope Gale has of being the next CEO.

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
last nights decision, plus the bad call against Sydney when Warner kicks into the 2nd tier is absolute farcical. on both occasions the umpires have done the opposite of what‘s been adjudicated all year.
BTW, Lynch is terrible from that pocket, how many of us said to ourselves “he’ll miss this”

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not sure what anyone is concerned about. The AFL has checked and the decision was correct.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
What annoys me is the AFL have ticked it off. But, if the review was inconclusive, umpires call, they would have ticked that off as well.

The AFL and umpires remind me of Lloyd Braun from Seinfeld, you cannot criticize, question or offend them in anyway.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Conspiracy brain says - first they (the footy illuminate) slid us to Thursday night, then they released the dusty tape just as our players were settling into beddibyes and the the royal flush umpiring on game day. I agree. But it’s just as easy to decide that our *smile* house decision making, composure and skill execution cost us on the night and the extra pressure that placed us in an away final was self inflicted. I choose option b. As there is more the club can control in that thinking. It does not mean the afl is not corrupt though, it is. Anything that is competitive and relies on big money to operate is easily corruptable. Politics, government contracts, policing, supermarket pricing etc etc!