Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

I think from the outset B Scott is up against it in terms of winning a flag as coach.

According to my thoroughly researched analysis, since the VFL began in 1897, only 11 men (Diggins, Bentley, Hughes, Smith, Barassi, Parkin, Jeans, Walls, Malthouse, Blight and Matthews) have coached their second (or third) club to a flag.

Reactions: 1 users
Cats won their flag. No reason for a Scott to remain at AFL HQ

Reactions: 3 users
Brad Scott is being fluffed up a hell of a lot for a coach who has never finished top 4 in a decade of coaching.

Reactions: 4 users
He got them to consecutive prelims before his Dad’s Army approach failed and then he cut his losses leaving them in way worse shape then when he arrived. He’s the architect of where #lolnorf currently are. Hopefully he can do something similar to the Bombres.

He did , but left them in a world of mess through.

I wonder if Essendon shied away from Yze because of his Hawthorn connection?

Reactions: 1 user
I think from the outset B Scott is up against it in terms of winning a flag as coach.

According to my thoroughly researched analysis, since the VFL began in 1897, only 11 men (Diggins, Bentley, Hughes, Smith, Barassi, Parkin, Jeans, Walls, Malthouse, Blight and Matthews) have coached their second (or third) club to a flag.
That seems like quite a few to me.

Which coach is worse, one that coaches for two years without a flag or one that coaches 10+ years without a flag?

Yeah, depends which way you look at it, there’s a POV that in a 125 seasons and from 370 odd AFL/VFL coaches only 11 have gone on to coach a second (or third ) club to a flag.

Or you can come from a POV that from 125 flags 30 of them were won by the aforementioned 11 men who were coaching their second or third club.

But it’s Brad Scott so I’m coming from the negative POV. :)

Reactions: 1 users

Which coach is worse, one that coaches for two years without a flag or one that coaches 10+ years without a flag?
It's obvious, isn't it?

Before the start of the season, its the one who hasn't coached Essenbong! :cupgold

Then it all flips around by round 6. :flush

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if Essendon shied away from Yze because of his Hawthorn connection?
They set out to find an "experienced" coach. No experienced coach wanted the job until AFL boy Brad came into the picture. They can now say they landed an experienced coach.

Yze, possibly better option, but lose face.
Brad, experienced coach, save face.

Brad Scott faced the choice of potentially having Brendon Gale as his boss, a person with the utmost integrity, or coach the drug cheating Bombers.
It was a no brainer that he would choose them, even if it meant giving up a life long career of sitting on his arse in an office coming up with ideas like salary dumping.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
He got them to consecutive prelims before his Dad’s Army approach failed and then he cut his losses leaving them in way worse shape then when he arrived. He’s the architect of where #lolnorf currently are. Hopefully he can do something similar to the Bombres.
Without the finals wins……

So Derwayne Russell just said he reckons the Druggies are now a premiership contender with Scott at the helm. Crazy stuff lol

• Haha
Putting aside my dislike for anything Scott, I doubt he will succeed. Firstly. The list is crap and he will need time to build up the list. The coteries won’t give him the time, as evidenced by the treatment of the past few coaches, plus there is still the fanboy love amongst them to get hird back. Secondly, to build the list up you need a decent list / recruiting manager. One word. Dudoro

Reactions: 2 users
Putting aside my dislike for anything Scott, I doubt he will succeed. Firstly. The list is crap and he will need time to build up the list. The coteries won’t give him the time, as evidenced by the treatment of the past few coaches, plus there is still the fanboy love amongst them to get hird back. Secondly, to build the list up you need a decent list / recruiting manager. One word. Dudoro
I reckon Salty will help his bro Pepper with some guidance on how to be successful. I can smell a Geelongdon in this somehow.