Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

I hope he made it clear that if he is given the lemonade and sars before the end of his contract he will be PAID IN FULL……
safe to say I reckon. One big strength of Scotty, possible his biggest, is getting paid.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The AFL's loss is Essendon's gain. Did an outstanding job as head of Football with the AFL, long list of achievements (not sure what they are but I'm told they're good), and left his former club North Melbourne in fantastic shape, just a quality football person and an inspiring speaker.
He's great at parties too.

The AFL's loss is Essendon's gain. Did an outstanding job as head of Football with the AFL, long list of achievements (not sure what they are but I'm told they're good), and left his former club North Melbourne in fantastic shape, just a quality football person and an inspiring speaker.
I thought he was “Mr Invisible” in his AFL role.

I thought he was “Mr Invisible” in his AFL role.
Probably spent the year making sure the Umps ran a train on the RFC and helping Norf get Clarkson.

The second part of the above which right now is tentatively looking about as good as the shape of Norths playing list when he left.

Meanwhile down at Tullarmarine, in Bombers Hanger HQ, in the somewhat dimly lit Chairman's office David Barham (DB) gets a beep on his office intercom...

*beep*
DB: *snort* Wha? *startled awake* *looks around nervously* James? Was that you? Have you died? Is it your ghost?
*beep*
DB: *regains composure and notices the intercom light flashing* Oh!
DB: *Presses intercom button* Yes, Thomas, What is it? This is my siesta time you know!
Intercom: Warble farnable bloing.... Urfle borad scurblott
DB: What? now? It is 4:00pm already?
Intercom: Fweep!
DB: OK. Send him In and get us some tea would you?
Intercom: Screeb!
DB: *straightens tie and stands up and moves over to the overstuffed couch and chaise lounge next to the James Hird Shrine*
*Office door opens and PA Tomas steps in followed by Brad Scott*
Tomas: Mr Barham, Mr Scott is here.
Brad Scott (BS): Thanks Tom, kind of you to show me in. Hi David, how are you?
*Brad and David shake hands* *Tom leaves, closing the door behind him*
DB: I'm fine Chris. Thanks for dropping by. We'll get some tea in here presently.
BS: It's Brad, David. Anyway, what did you want to to talk with me about?
DB: Great result by the Cats in the granny. You must be so proud!
BS: Yes. I suppose. It was a big win.
DB: I like the new look by the way. Cut your hair and shaved off that beard.
BS: Well I think you are thinking about my brother, Chris,.
DB: And the died hair, not a hint of grey, really suits you!
BS: I don't dye my hair.
DB: No of course not Chris! *winks*
*awkward silence for a few secs, broken by Tomas knocking on the door and bringing in a tray with some tea and some oatmeal digestives*
DB: Ahhhh - Here we go. Capital! Thanks Thomas.
*Thomas leaves*
DB: Help yourself, Chris. *grabs a digestive and takes a bite*
DB: *sprays crumbs as he speaks* So, Chris, I wanted to talk to you about the mighty Bombers coaching dilemma!
BS: *Ignoring the tea and the digestives* It's Brad. Go ahead David, I'm all ears!
DB: Well, as you now we are the most prestigious sporting club in all of Australia and we are in need of a new coach.
BS: Yes, It's James Hird, isn't it?
DB: I wish. I only wish! Unfortunately those idiots at the AFL Commission are now telling me it can't be James. Something about *rabbit ears* bringing the game into *rabbit ears* disrepute and how they have to follow their *rabbit ears* conscience, whatever a *rabbit ears* conscience is.
DB: Anyway, we need a solution, and I thought of you!
BS: What? As your new coach?
DB: Yep.
BS: I've got a great job already David.
DB: *waves hand dismissively* But the commute must be murder! And spending all that time in *visibly shudders* Geelong. Must be horrible for you!
BS: What? Geelong? I think you mean AFL House?
DB: *ignores what was just said* Look Chris, you are...
BS: *interrupting* Brad!
DB: *carries on without a pause* ...a very successful coach, you have a great record as a player, and you've just tasted ultimate success, and now I'm offering you a once in a lifetime opportunity to join us here at the Bombers, with Adrian Dodoro as your list manager. Money's no object! We can find a way to pay you what you are worth! What do you say?
BS: I think you are quite insane!
DB: Good, Good! So I'll get the contracts drawn up then!
BS: I think I will leave now!
DB: Fantastic! You won't regret your decision Chris!
BS: *stands* It's Brad you degenerative *smile*!
DB: Yes, yes. *Stands and presses button on the office intercom*
Intercom: Groink?
DB: Mr Scott is leaving Thomas. Arrange to get the updated contract sent over to him as soon as possible will you?
Intercom: Freel gasoongle crannons... reedeed?
DB: Yes, yes, more red crayons then. That's fine!
Intercom: Yasshir!
DB: Thanks for coming in Chris. Great to see you again. Don't be a stranger! *offers hand to shake*
BS: For the final time, it's Brad! *Ignores hand and leaves by the door*
*In the shadows behind the shrine to James Hird a darkened figure moves and steps into the light*
Adrian Dodoro (AD): Well done David! You've got some of my recruiting skills I see. He's on the hook for sure!
DB: Ahhhh! Adrian. I'm glad you are here. Indeed he is Adrian. Hooked he is! Tea?
AD: Don't mind if I do, thankyou.
DB: Digestive?
AD: Oooooohh! My very favourite! *grins, revealing his canine teeth are a very unsettling 7mm longer than perhaps they should be*...

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Exactly
Remind when he was a good coach?

These Scott's have the media in a fken trance.
Bartel isn't a fan of Scott.
He fked him off and he us close mates with Enright & Scarlett who Scott pissed off last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Meanwhile down at Tullarmarine, in Bombers Hanger HQ, in the somewhat dimly lit Chairman's office David Barham (DB) gets a beep on his office intercom...

*beep*
DB: *snort* Wha? *startled awake* *looks around nervously* James? Was that you? Have you died? Is it your ghost?
*beep*
DB: *regains composure and notices the intercom light flashing* Oh!
DB: *Presses intercom button* Yes, Thomas, What is it? This is my siesta time you know!
Intercom: Warble farnable bloing.... Urfle borad scurblott
DB: What? now? It is 4:00pm already?
Intercom: Fweep!
DB: OK. Send him In and get us some tea would you?
Intercom: Screeb!
DB: *straightens tie and stands up and moves over to the overstuffed couch and chaise lounge next to the James Hird Shrine*
*Office door opens and PA Tomas steps in followed by Brad Scott*
Tomas: Mr Barham, Mr Scott is here.
Brad Scott (BS): Thanks Tom, kind of you to show me in. Hi David, how are you?
*Brad and David shake hands* *Tom leaves, closing the door behind him*
DB: I'm fine Chris. Thanks for dropping by. We'll get some tea in here presently.
BS: It's Brad, David. Anyway, what did you want to to talk with me about?
DB: Great result by the Cats in the granny. You must be so proud!
BS: Yes. I suppose. It was a big win.
DB: I like the new look by the way. Cut your hair and shaved off that beard.
BS: Well I think you are thinking about my brother, Chris,.
DB: And the died hair, not a hint of grey, really suits you!
BS: I don't dye my hair.
DB: No of course not Chris! *winks*
*awkward silence for a few secs, broken by Tomas knocking on the door and bringing in a tray with some tea and some oatmeal digestives*
DB: Ahhhh - Here we go. Capital! Thanks Thomas.
*Thomas leaves*
DB: Help yourself, Chris. *grabs a digestive and takes a bite*
DB: *sprays crumbs as he speaks* So, Chris, I wanted to talk to you about the mighty Bombers coaching dilemma!
BS: *Ignoring the tea and the digestives* It's Brad. Go ahead David, I'm all ears!
DB: Well, as you now we are the most prestigious sporting club in all of Australia and we are in need of a new coach.
BS: Yes, It's James Hird, isn't it?
DB: I wish. I only wish! Unfortunately those idiots at the AFL Commission are now telling me it can't be James. Something about *rabbit ears* bringing the game into *rabbit ears* disrepute and how they have to follow their *rabbit ears* conscience, whatever a *rabbit ears* conscience is.
DB: Anyway, we need a solution, and I thought of you!
BS: What? As your new coach?
DB: Yep.
BS: I've got a great job already David.
DB: *waves hand dismissively* But the commute must be murder! And spending all that time in *visibly shudders* Geelong. Must be horrible for you!
BS: What? Geelong? I think you mean AFL House?
DB: *ignores what was just said* Look Chris, you are...
BS: *interrupting* Brad!
DB: *carries on without a pause* ...a very successful coach, you have a great record as a player, and you've just tasted ultimate success, and now I'm offering you a once in a lifetime opportunity to join us here at the Bombers, with Adrian Dodoro as your list manager. Money's no object! We can find a way to pay you what you are worth! What do you say?
BS: I think you are quite insane!
DB: Good, Good! So I'll get the contracts drawn up then!
BS: I think I will leave now!
DB: Fantastic! You won't regret your decision Chris!
BS: *stands* It's Brad you degenerative *smile*!
DB: Yes, yes. *Stands and presses button on the office intercom*
Intercom: Groink?
DB: Mr Scott is leaving Thomas. Arrange to get the updated contract sent over to him as soon as possible will you?
Intercom: Freel gasoongle crannons... reedeed?
DB: Yes, yes, more red crayons then. That's fine!
Intercom: Yasshir!
DB: Thanks for coming in Chris. Great to see you again. Don't be a stranger! *offers hand to shake*
BS: For the final time, it's Brad! *Ignores hand and leaves by the door*
*In the shadows behind the shrine to James Hird a darkened figure moves and steps into the light*
Adrian Dodoro (AD): Well done David! You've got some of my recruiting skills I see. He's on the hook for sure!
DB: Ahhhh! Adrian. I'm glad you are here. Indeed he is Adrian. Hooked he is! Tea?
AD: Don't mind if I do, thankyou.
DB: Digestive?
AD: Oooooohh! My very favourite! *grins, revealing his canine teeth are a very unsettling 7mm longer than perhaps they should be*...
Gold

Can't wait to absolutely destroy them on Dreamtime next year and have his smug face plastered across screens across the country as we dismantle his outdated gameplan.
That loss should confirm another failed season and the natives will get restless.
I can not stand those two brothers.

It's a good get, I reckon.

Outside of Ross Lyon he is clearly the best experienced coach.

of the available coaches the stats do tend to back that up.

Given north is a small (and at time struggling) club and unable to secure very many big name players, his winning % is reasonable.

If I was an Essendon supporter I would be livid.
He is literally the dregs that are left and because they have screwed everyone else over they have settled on him.
Toxic character for a toxic club.

Reactions: 5 users
Reckon poor old Ouzo will be wondering why he even bothered to bare his arse n bend over for Essendrugs. Seems they've been back dooring the other Scott all along.

Essendumb are “Delighted” to have Scott on board.
That should get the fans pumped

Id like an empirical justification on this one BR.

Left north suddenly after a decade in control:

Replacement had a nervous breakdown in year 1:

Recurrent spoons:

AFL implement basketcase intervention.
He left norf in a mess.

You gents are really talking list management there, and the coach is only a cog in that wheel. (By the way Ezy, can you leave suddenly after a decade? o_O )

I don't hang them for that anyway, they certainly aren't the first club to think they are closer than they are and lose the plot with their list, and they won't be the last. There's a chance we are doing it as we speak.

In terms of pure coaching, I think anyone who coached against Scott at North would say he ran a solid program and extracted more from his team than they would have been expected to achieve.

I’ll go against the grain here. Brad Scott is a bloody good coach. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a sook and unlikeable POS.

Bit worried. It maybe we can change the rules

You gents are really talking list management there, and the coach is only a cog in that wheel. (By the way Ezy, can you leave suddenly after a decade? o_O )

I don't hang them for that anyway, they certainly aren't the first club to think they are closer than they are and lose the plot with their list, and they won't be the last. There's a chance we are doing it as we speak.

In terms of pure coaching, I think anyone who coached against Scott at North would say he ran a solid program and extracted more from his team than they would have been expected to achieve.

Interesting hypothetical I heard today. If Brad landed the Geelong job and Chris landed at Norf, would Brad be a premiership coach and would Chris?

Much to be said about the respective resources available at the two clubs and what Brad had done with little at Norf. Thoughts TBH?

Reactions: 3 users