Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Hird must be livid as one assumes they courted him before coming to a conclusion he would be excess baggage. Sheedy must have ticked off Brad in the end as Dunners do not do anything unless Sheeds nods his rocking horse head.

Reactions: 1 users
Bombers mate says to me today, "I'm done"

absolutely hates how the club treated Truck, and all for "a F-Wit like this"

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Interesting hypothetical I heard today. If Brad landed the Geelong job and Chris landed at Norf, would Brad be a premiership coach and would Chris?

Much to be said about the respective resources available at the two clubs and what Brad had done with little at Norf. Thoughts TBH?

Very interesting discussion topic. :clap2

For what it's worth my take is they are very different coaches in style so it is a really difficult comparison.

Scott B is very much influenced by Malthouse. He is of the Clarkson/Hardwick type, strong system, strong relationships and heavy on education, knowing your role, team over individual.

Scott C is more your Kevin Sheedy/Leigh Matthews type operator. Have a basic structure but always looking for advantage with change and unpredictability. Dynamic coaching. Utilise individual ability and use foot soldiers to assist your best players to shine.

Very hard to say how interchangeable they would be, personally I think Chris Scott is a better than excellent coach and Brad a very good coach. Ultimately it probably depends on how well they interact with a specific group of players and what traits those players have.

(By the way Ezy, can you leave suddenly after a decade?

The answer is unequivocally,

Yes.

The cleverer Charlatans, despots, conmen, carpetbaggers, crooks, thieves, pimps, politicians, and AFL old boys

Have been shooting through suddenly after decades

Forever.

And they will continue to do so,

forever.

Some get found cowering in a drain, by angry mobs with pointy things: most dont.

The headline on the afl's channel

'Dons poach AFL GM' with a grinning Scott,

Demonstrates the organisation is near peak deluded, and will fail soon.

If The ABC ran a headline

'Rio Tinto poach Minister for Resources' with a grinning Minister for Resources,

There would be a royal commission and a change of goverment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hird will be shattered, he's had a real pep in in his step the last couple of weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Very interesting discussion topic. :clap2

For what it's worth my take is they are very different coaches in style so it is a really difficult comparison.

Scott B is very much influenced by Malthouse. He is of the Clarkson/Hardwick type, strong system, strong relationships and heavy on education, knowing your role, team over individual.

Scott C is more your Kevin Sheedy/Leigh Matthews type operator. Have a basic structure but always looking for advantage with change and unpredictability. Dynamic coaching. Utilise individual ability and use foot soldiers to assist your best players to shine.

Very hard to say how interchangeable they would be, personally I think Chris Scott is a better than excellent coach and Brad a very good coach. Ultimately it probably depends on how well they interact with a specific group of players and what traits those players have.

Good observations and generally agree.

Although I feel Chris pivoted his coaching style and game plan a bit this year which brought them closer together.

FWIW I can't stand either of them and hope they both fail!!

I am very unconvinced that Brad Scott is a great coach and I reckon Essendon's list is nowhere near climbing up the ladder.

But, I reckon it is a good appointment.

Why?

Don't think he is a great coach.

Do know he is a surly bastard.

A surly bastard is just what Essendon need. Someone who will just walk in the room and point out the list deficiencies. Someone who will tell the coteries to pull their heads in, fund the club and keep out of what they shouldn't be poking their noses in. Someone who will question the hierarchy.

Maybe Brad Scott is a better coach than I have seen, North Melbourne is not exactly an easy gig. We'll see. But if he kicks heads and tells the truth to power at Essendon he will likely do the club a lot of good. They are delusional out at Tulla and appointing someone from outside who is unlikely to suffer fools at all is a wise move. Has someone out there grown some brains? Be a pity if they have, want to see Essendon go way more than 37 years without a flag.

DS

Don't agree with everyone cutting Scott slack because he coached North. North were better when he too took over than we were when Hardwick took over. The AFL equalisation policies mean all clubs and coaches have the means to succeed.

Reactions: 3 users
Don't agree with everyone cutting Scott slack because he coached North. North were better when he too took over than we were when Hardwick took over. The AFL equalisation policies mean all clubs and coaches have the means to succeed.
He got them to consecutive prelims before his Dad’s Army approach failed and then he cut his losses leaving them in way worse shape then when he arrived. He’s the architect of where #lolnorf currently are. Hopefully he can do something similar to the Bombres.

He got them to consecutive prelims before his Dad’s Army approach failed and then he cut his losses leaving them in way worse shape then when he arrived. He’s the architect of where #lolnorf currently are. Hopefully he can do something similar to the Bombres.
Sounds like his brother.
Just needed someone working inside the AFL to help him out

Reactions: 1 user

Bombers have a much younger list. It’s prime for a coach like him. I hate to say it because I dislike both the bombers and the Scotts but this has got a good chance of working out despite their best efforts to f it up

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
First thing Brad will do is trade Merrett to Geesook for a 5th rounder. After 2 years of giving Geesook handouts he won’t be able to help himself

• Haha