Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Said it before and I'll say it again. ... the most selfish person in football.....!
I'm so glad he never came back to coach our great club.... and that's coming from someone who proudly wore No10 on me duffle coat as a kid!
I love the sheer hypocrisy of the bloke. Apparently 3 times he was reappointed as coach by 1 vote. 3 times! I don’t remember hearing about that once. Only read about it recently. Did he demand that the split vote be reported each time?? That would be a HARD NO.

He is not even in the Country at the moment. It says he basically dialled in from California for the board meeting. He has now gone out of his way from overseas to use their media puppet in Robbo to squark about his love for Hird. Can see why Barham did not have him on the coaching sub committee. He would have run roughshod over everyone else.

What an idiot. His ego has grown by the year since their first flag. He was not like this when he was a player.

Reactions: 3 users
Mark Robinson surely can not show his face again based on that article. He’s clearly earning something from the Hirds or the coteries to write this crap
Surely he’s no miscreant whatsoever?

Rather, just another old Bomber who loves his club the way it was thirty years ago.

An altruistic traditionalist living in the past but whose present is senility.

Reactions: 1 user
Gee lot of pressure on Scott for instant success - having sheedy over him and Matty Lloyd has said Scott can get Essendon straight back in finals next year is a lot of expectation.
rumoured he has been offered $900k a year would make him one of the highest paid coaches in the league

If Sheedy gets the ass from Essendon, it might be an opportune time to get him back to Tigerland…..

I’ll see myself out….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Surely he’s no miscreant whatsoever?

Rather, just another old Bomber who loves his club the way it was thirty years ago.

An altruistic traditionalist living in the past but whose present is senility.

I’ve got absolutely no problems with wearing your heart on the sleeve old school supporters mate. I’m one of them.

I don’t mind if you have a slight bias as a journo to the club you love. Totally understandable.

What I can’t cop is this sycophantic nonsense that comes out of Robbo’s bourbon infused gob when he clearly has an agenda he’s pushing. Not having it.

Gee lot of pressure on Scott for instant success - having sheedy over him and Matty Lloyd has said Scott can get Essendon straight back in finals next year is a lot of expectation.
rumoured he has been offered $900k a year would make him one of the highest paid coaches in the league
I’d actually like him to get them back into finals. It makes it much more amusing when they lose and then everyone jumps back into them for the next season, then they invariably fall apart again and commence to fighting each other again. Long may it continue.

Reactions: 1 user
Tom Browne just said Scott comes to Essendon with a great coaching CV.
Premiership 0
Club he has left still pondering at the bottom of the ladder 5 yrs after he left.
800k 4 yrs no wonder he took the job

• Haha
I’d actually like him to get them back into finals. It makes it much more amusing when they lose and then everyone jumps back into them for the next season, then they invariably fall apart again and commence to fighting each other again. Long may it continue.
Can you imagine what Hird’s reaction as coach, would have been if Essendon, in a final, in the last 2 minutes of the game, had a goal overturned by the AFL not following their own rules and got knocked out as a result? I remember him calling an umpire a cheat some years back. $20k fine. Probably paid for by someone else, like his legal bills were. And Robbo on 360? After it had happened to the bombers??? Well, he might have started a punch on with Whately and anyone who disagreed.

Reactions: 1 users
I think Brad Scott’s constant smug look on his face fits Essendon perfectly , in fact I’d have his head on the membership drive with the heading “ Entitled”

Reactions: 1 users
So he took a paycut?

Kiss and make-up if Jimmy Boy is brought in as assistant coach. You can smell it.
Scott not as tough as he makes out if he lets Hird become one of his assistants. I thought it was bad enough that Dean Solomon was appointed but if they appoint Hird as well Scott might as well walk now and save everybody a lot of time

I am very unconvinced that Brad Scott is a great coach and I reckon Essendon's list is nowhere near climbing up the ladder.

But, I reckon it is a good appointment.

Why?

Don't think he is a great coach.

Do know he is a surly bastard.

A surly bastard is just what Essendon need. Someone who will just walk in the room and point out the list deficiencies. Someone who will tell the coteries to pull their heads in, fund the club and keep out of what they shouldn't be poking their noses in. Someone who will question the hierarchy.

Maybe Brad Scott is a better coach than I have seen, North Melbourne is not exactly an easy gig. We'll see. But if he kicks heads and tells the truth to power at Essendon he will likely do the club a lot of good. They are delusional out at Tulla and appointing someone from outside who is unlikely to suffer fools at all is a wise move. Has someone out there grown some brains? Be a pity if they have, want to see Essendon go way more than 37 years without a flag.

DS
So Truck wasn't surly enough ? Didn't tell the truth etc. Sounds like he contributed to his own demise.

Works both ways. Hocking the best example. Leaves the club. Runs AfL ops. Changes the rules. Goes back to the club. Club wins the flag.

Only difference is Hocking was there for years. Scott did SFA when he was there. Probably has some IP on future strategy but if Gale gets the gig all of that poo is out the window.
Equally we can expect blowback if Benny gets the top job. Will be accused of favouritism from day 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users