Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
When Scott fails, Sheedy can come out and say “told you so”
Scotty dog might not even get the opportunity to fail. He's being obviously undermined while stepping in the front door. Probably wondering why his back hurts so much all of a sudden, old mate Sheeds has already poked in a little sampler blade to welcome him in.

Reactions: 3 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Man of integrity apparently, so sounds like a perfect choice.

Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking and Superannuation industry.
Thorburn resigned from NAB in February 2019 after the final report of the Royal Commission. At the time, he said “As CEO I understand accountability. I have always sought to act in the best interests of the bank and customers and I know that I have always acted with integrity. However, I recognise there is a desire for change”.
He was the only big bank ceo to fall on his sword. The others especially CBA were way more implicated.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Sheedy said No
When general talks you better listen to him.
When general talks do what he says.
Lovely work zigzag.
The Mighty Oils.
Just about my favourite song. Great lyrics.
Although in Mrs Doubtfire's case no one's listening.

He is so aligned with The Golden Boy.
Reminded me of their last game in Melbourne (when they were both retiring) and we spoilt the party.
Tigers gave him a framed pic of his playing days and he showed it to Golden Boy's kids.
They saw him in the Richmond jumper and weren't too happy.
Classic.

He should just go home and mellow out with a glass of red.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
This selection truly baffles me. In 10 years Scott managed 6th as best effort. His legacy after leaving sent North the next 3 years at the bottom of the ladder. Remember when Tigers were the brunt of jokes for changing coaches all the time? Essendon now 5 non-interim coaches in 7 years. Might be 6 soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
He was the only big bank ceo to fall on his sword. The others especially CBA were way more implicated.
The former NAB CEO has lavished himself in corporate greed for years, and was so busy fatcatting himself that he had no idea his personal assistant was ripping the joint off. Then quits before he gets sacked amid the Royal Commission. Sounds a lot like David Evans really. He really is the perfect fit for the Bombers culture.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The former NAB CEO has lavished himself in corporate greed for years, and was so busy fatcatting himself that he had no idea his personal assistant was ripping the joint off. Then quits before he gets sacked amid the Royal Commission. Sounds a lot like David Evans really. He really is the perfect fit for the Bombers culture.

It was either Thorburn, ex CEO of NAB, or Danks, both involved in industries of similar repute, would have been a tough decision.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
To be fair, our own Peggy came under scrutiny during the Royal Commission whilst working as a director of one of NAB’s trustee companies and whilst Thorburn was CEO.

Last edited: