Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
:mhihi Excuses to save Pepper's first 2 years??

View attachment 17667
What the?? That’s rubbish. I have read repeatedly over the last few years about the strength of their list. Which is supposed to be really really good. They have landed Braddles with all his inside Intel on rules etc and Dodoro has smashed the draft this year. Smashed it. Like he has in previous years. How can they not win in 2023?? And 2024?? Etc. I just don’t understand the mixed signals coming from Tulla.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
:mhihi Excuses to save Pepper's first 2 years??

View attachment 17667
History tells us he has 2 seasons.

2023 to ‘bed down the new game plan’, and 2024 to return Essington to ‘where they belong’.

Otherwise there will be another ‘l’m leaving this place in really good shape and believe the team is ready to launch’ speech, whilst he moonwalks out the back door and into another cushy high six figure AFL appointment.

In this new appointment titled, ‘head of game research and advancement’ artificial intelligence will be used to predict future Richmond game plans so important rules changes that are ‘for the good of the game’ can be made prior to any more annoying periods of sustained Richmond success, and not afterward.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The scribes never let up on lifting the Druggies to the top of the mob.
Read this as a game to not miss according to one scribe.
The main one was the opening game us V Blues, followed by the one I mention here.
Blockbuster!!! Give me a break.

Dons' new era begins against old enemy

A new era for the Bombers under Brad Scott begins with a blockbuster clash against arch rival Hawthorn in the opening round. Former North Melbourne coach Scott was appointed in September, replacing Ben Rutten, and his side has a big chance to make a winning start to 2023. This year's clash between the rivals was a memorable one as Peter Wright's six-goal haul inspired a comeback win for the Bombers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The main one was the opening game us V Blues, followed by the one I mention here.

A new era for the Bombers under Brad Scott begins with a blockbuster clash against arch rival Hawthorn in the opening round. Former North Melbourne coach Scott was appointed in September, replacing Ben Rutten, and his side has a big chance to make a winning start to 2023. This year's clash between the rivals was a memorable one as Peter Wright's six-goal haul inspired a comeback win for the Bombers.
It probably is their ‘blockbuster’. Hawthorn in strong contention for the wooden spoon this year given how much experience they have let go and were already pretty thin. Plus after Essendon does them by five plus goals they can write articles about how they are top four material after having done so well in a block buster game.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
It probably is their ‘blockbuster’. Hawthorn in strong contention for the wooden spoon this year given how much experience they have let go and were already pretty thin. Plus after Essendon does them by five plus goals they can write articles about how they are top four material after having done so well in a block buster game.
Nailed it in one RE. There is a love fest for the Dons in the media that's for sure.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
They can write all they like after round one but too many of their colleagues have been bitten. Surely they couldn’t be that stupid again.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It's fitting Essendoom wear as sash as they are the "new Richmond", a lot of hype coming in but deliver the same steaming pile of *smile* each yr. as for the Hawks game in rd 1 being a "blockbuster", Hawks fans have dropped right off so who knows how that's a "Blockbuster" game.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's fitting Essendoom wear as sash as they are the "new Richmond", a lot of hype coming in but deliver the same steaming pile of *smile* each yr. as for the Hawks game in rd 1 being a "blockbuster", Hawks fans have dropped right off so who knows how that's a "Blockbuster" game.
I reckon they'll try hard to make the Bummers v Pussies games big, as they would just be fake rivals all playing for the Salt & Pepper Cup.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They can write all they like after round one but too many of their colleagues have been bitten. Surely they couldn’t be that stupid again.

They assume the rest of us have the same attention span/lack of medium term memory as they have.

So, yes, they can, and will, be that stupid again.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Maybe it should be called a bustablock game. You’d want to be well and truely on the sauce to watch it!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

So a game against a couple of also rans who are long odds to make finals is a must watch? Who wrote it? Robinson?

Last edited:

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I reckon they'll try hard to make the Bummers v Pussies games big, as they would just be fake rivals all playing for the Salt & Pepper Cup.
The "Country game" that they play in the City of Melb? Rivetting myself to my seat for that 1.

• Haha

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Given how often they have written us off early in season (along with a few others) only to be proven wrong, yes they will be that stupid again.