Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Robbo still at it. Geez, I wonder where he’s getting his inside info from….F80F79F5-BE30-49EF-AB01-047569F6446C.jpeg

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Robbo still at it. Geez, I wonder where he’s getting his inside info from….View attachment 17955
Yeah - an outrageous bulldust campaign being run by HS - here's another from yesterday's paper

Mind you - in this case I'm not suggesting that Burnside is wrong.
The context however is that spending a career defending the likes of George Pell, Ivan Milat, Carl Williams, Peter Dupas, Jack the Ripper and possibly Hitler can warp the brain.

1675820905269.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Robbo .is slowing gutting the last bit of culture out of this club .he thinks he is doing them a favour by releasing all this crap ..to ?? help clear the air and support little James and uncle Kevin .......but he is destroying this .........I mean his club .and he is doing it slowly .......thank you Robbo ............. enjoying it

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Robbo .is slowing gutting the last bit of culture out of this club .he thinks he is doing them a favour by releasing all this crap ..to ?? help clear the air and support little James and uncle Kevin .......but he is destroying this .........I mean his club .and he is doing it slowly .......thank you Robbo ............. enjoying it

Maybe his drive to bring the truth out in public is stronger than his support for the club?

• Haha

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yeah - an outrageous bulldust campaign being run by HS - here's another from yesterday's paper

Mind you - in this case I'm not suggesting that Burnside is wrong.
The context however is that spending a career defending the likes of George Pell, Ivan Milat, Carl Williams, Peter Dupas, Jack the Ripper and possibly Hitler can warp the brain.

View attachment 17957
Has Hird ever done or been described as anything than the greatest ever?? The guy thinks he is god beceuse he has been told that he entire life.
Spent a few weeks at Ch7 back in the mid 90's doing some work experience in sales and probably other areas. It comes out in some puff piece he was negotiating multi million dollar deals.
Spent some time interning with the company building Stadium Australia when he was studying architecture. That turns into him being credited with him playing a major role in the project.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
The gift that keeps giving - even after 10 years.. as my kid would day "it's so fun"

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
What is the truth? They were innocent victims of a snake-oil salesman?

Think everyone knows where I stand on this one.

One thing I would say is I think people who have been allowed into the inner sanctum for team meetings etc will generally say they find out how little they know about how football teams and players go about it at AFL level, just as I'm sure anyone would who watched a car mechanic work or any other sort of skilled task.

In this case I would say this is the most misunderstood issue in the AFL, the vast majority of public opinion just isn't based on any sort of real understanding of how sports medicine and AFL clubs operate.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Think everyone knows where I stand on this one.

One thing I would say is I think people who have been allowed into the inner sanctum for team meetings etc will generally say they find out how little they know about how football teams and players go about it at AFL level, just as I'm sure anyone would who watched a car mechanic work or any other sort of skilled task.

In this case I would say this is the most misunderstood issue in the AFL, the vast majority of public opinion just isn't based on any sort of real understanding of how sports medicine and AFL clubs operate.
That's right, they're all guilty. And Essendon was scapegoated.

That must mean there's a Dank/Robinson/Charter type combo at every club? And does every club have a coach as intellectually challenged/vain (bad combo) as the bombers did?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
That's right, they're all guilty. And Essendon was scapegoated.

That must mean there's a Dank/Robinson/Charter type combo at every club? And does every club have a coach as intellectually challenged/vain (bad combo) as the bombers did?

Mixing issues there, the widespread malpractice that was documented as occurring with AFL clubs and players that was never even investigated, let alone prosecuted is one matter, the manner in which the Essendon situation was handled is another.

Your second point is perhaps an example of what I am saying. I don't profess to know James Hird well, but I do know people who know him well and their description of him is in complete contrast to the impression you so confidently express.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Has Hird ever done or been described as anything than the greatest ever?? The guy thinks he is god beceuse he has been told that he entire life.
Spent a few weeks at Ch7 back in the mid 90's doing some work experience in sales and probably other areas. It comes out in some puff piece he was negotiating multi million dollar deals.
Spent some time interning with the company building Stadium Australia when he was studying architecture. That turns into him being credited with him playing a major role in the project.
Also heard that when he worked as a broker, he swanned in late, left early and didn’t do a whole lot in between. He was a busy boy was James. Architect? Media man? Broker? And also a principal at Gemba. No doubt an expert in all fields. Don’t know how he found the time to be the greatest footballer ever. As you have all gathered, I have no sympathy for Hird. At all.

He was treated specially by Sheedy as a player with full writ to go wherever he wanted. Feted in the press by the likes of Robbo for a long time. No surprise that he had plenty of “confidence”. His shafting of Knights was disgraceful. He used the press to snipe at Knights all year in the lead up to Knights sacking. After his coup was complete was asked had he rung Knights, to which the reply was “i txted him”

According to the paper today was he considering upending Brasher out of the role as President but decided not to as supposedly he had been promised the coaching job as the decision was Sheedy and Barhams. Had NO problem having an expectation that the process for all the applicants was irrelevant to him as he had a deal under the table for the job.

Now, he is lost to the Club forever because his planned underhand deal to be coach didn’t happen.

High standards indeed.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Your second point is perhaps an example of what I am saying. I don't profess to know James Hird well, but I do know people who know him well and their description of him is in complete contrast to the impression you so confidently express.

People with skeletons in their closet very rarely show their true face to those closest to them.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I said it the day they got suspended and Hird walked.
This would effect the club for a very long time and im not wrong.
10 years on and they arw still at each other.
Its even better now knowing Scott will get the ass in 2 yrs time too.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
It would be revealing should you put a name to the claim.
Please feel free to do so in order that we mere mortals might all be better informed.

Nothing to do with being a mere mortal, Bernard.

One of the key issues in this entire thing is that Hird (and Essendon post Evans) claim Andrew Demetriou called then Essendon chairman David Evans the night before and tipped them off to self report. I can't believe anyone who has followed this even slightly wouldn't be aware of that.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...eporting-hird-writ-states-20130822-2sdf5.html

Reactions: 1 user

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Nothing to do with being a mere mortal, Bernard.

One of the key issues in this entire thing is that Hird (and Essendon post Evans) claim Andrew Demetriou called then Essendon chairman David Evans the night before and tipped them off to self report. I can't believe anyone who has followed this even slightly wouldn't be aware of that.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...eporting-hird-writ-states-20130822-2sdf5.html
Leave the condescending tone aside.

Your comment to which I responded referred to others whom you assert were influenced by an alleged approach from the former AFL CEO. Yes, like most, I accept that occurred. Don’t deny me that knowledge as you seek to do.

My post asks the simple question, who are these others?

There’s circumlocution being employed in your acerbic response.

If you have evidence that implicated others, then you’re obliged to put it up.

Now. I did not respond in kind with any nastiness or obfuscation. Please note in any reply you may care to make.

In essence, this is a forum. You are an Administrator. You’ve made a claim. You have the onus of responsibility to make an adequate reply.

Reactions: 2 users