Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
So. 10 years after the drug scandal happened, the Pulitzer Prize winner Mark Robinson has his fingerprints all over a double page article in the Herald Sun today. Dank says he was stitched up. DANK….was STITCHED UP?? ASADA and the AFL and everybody conspired against him?? The same man who didn’t understand that Thymosin beta 4 was a banned substance when it was pointed out to him by a TV journo? And the basis of the sooking is that the samples have been destroyed after 10 years. So they are reverting to the “no evidence” argument. Christ………….

Dank…the man who REPEATEDLY said back a decade ago, he had all the evidence to clear everyone….but ultimately had nothing……not a thing. Wouldn’t have had anything to do with the massive shredding exercise carried on at the time?

Spare me.

Oh….and I think we have an article to read tomorrow about Hirdy’s 50th birthday……

Can only assume that all ex AFL players will get an article about their 50th birthday celebrations in the paper.

Seriously…how does the editor of the paper allow this constant pandering to Robbo to continue? Embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
So. 10 years after the drug scandal happened, the Pulitzer Prize winner Mark Robinson has his fingerprints all over a double page article in the Herald Sun today. Dank says he was stitched up. DANK….was STITCHED UP?? ASADA and the AFL and everybody conspired against him?? The same man who didn’t understand that Thymosin beta 4 was a banned substance when it was pointed out to him by a TV journo? And the basis of the sooking is that the samples have been destroyed after 10 years. So they are reverting to the “no evidence” argument. Christ………….

Dank…the man who REPEATEDLY said back a decade ago, he had all the evidence to clear everyone….but ultimately had nothing……not a thing. Wouldn’t have had anything to do with the massive shredding exercise carried on at the time?

Spare me.

Oh….and I think we have an article to read tomorrow about Hirdy’s 50th birthday……

Can only assume that all ex AFL players will get an article about their 50th birthday celebrations in the paper.

Seriously…how does the editor of the paper allow this constant pandering to Robbo to continue? Embarrassing.

And Little Jimmy‘s old man has said it (the saga) is “up there with Azaria Chamberlain”
Tomorrow Robbo will be putting all the blame on the dingo.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Geez the HS is going full on about their saga AGAIN today. Ffs….if it isn’t clear they (ref Mr Magoo as their senior football moron) don’t have a complete obsession with it, then you’re living on Mars.

In some ways it’s great because for as long as Magoo and the HS keep pumping out this “we were hard done by” crap, the longer this *smile* club will believe it, and the longer they’ll be a failure.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They are doing themselves no favours. The longer they drag it out, the longer it will hang over their heads like a guillotine. If they can just accept what they did, for what it was, and stop trying to find a way to claim innocence, they might be able to put it past them.

But with Robbo and Hird's old man continuing to fan the flames and dig up the *smile* again, it'll keep weighing them down.

Love it.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
They need a confession. They need cleansing. Until then, they’ll continue to be *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
And Little Jimmy‘s old man has said it (the saga) is “up there with Azaria Chamberlain”
Tomorrow Robbo will be putting all the blame on the dingo.
“The dingo took my peptides!”
Now if Dank had used that defense to start with then it would all have been done and dusted :)

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW

Spare me.

let the joint burn .again and again ....and one more time for laughs .......................

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
They are doing themselves no favours. The longer they drag it out, the longer it will hang over their heads like a guillotine. If they can just accept what they did, for what it was, and stop trying to find a way to claim innocence, they might be able to put it past them.

But with Robbo and Hird's old man continuing to fan the flames and dig up the *smile* again, it'll keep weighing them down.

Love it.
Dank had previous form at Cronulla.
No records of injections.
Admitted injecting players with banned substances.
Players plead guilty and were give 6 months penalty, to be served in the off season, therefore no games lost.

Essington could have walked away with a similar sanction but no, they chose to fight and lost.

Delusional and dumb :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Clubs have premiership reunions after 10 years. Will the druggies have one this year to celebrate “Whatever it takes”?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
What I have never understood is, if Essendon believe that they hadn't done anything wrong, why did they self report?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Love it.
Blobbo's desperately looking for an exorcist.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
What I have never understood is, if Essendon believe that they hadn't done anything wrong, why did they self report?
they strongly believed other clubs were cheating and they believed they were playing in the grey area
and by self reporting thought they would get a slap on the wrist

all the ducks lined up for it to happen

The Bombers weren't thriving under Knights and Lloyd and others in the media were snipping him
and wanting the prodigal son to return , which is a nice complement for Hird
but he was so idolised by many at the Club , he could do no wrong in their eyes
this in turn created pressure on Hird to lead them to the promised land
this pressure coupled with a deep seated hatred of several Melb. clubs from his playing days lead him to believe "the must be cheating"

We now know that the public showing of passion from Hird led to Dean Robinson introducing Hird to Dank
just my guess - Hird was so desperate for an outcome it looked like he didn't test Dank's claims or challenge methods

then when it went public Hird's loyal supporters just loving believed his version of events

there was an alleged sunday evening meeting between Essendon officals and AFL heavyweights , including Demitrou
Hird was very bitter and chocked off in his citicism of the AFL , intimating they were betrayed
possibly some very watered down penalty was promised in return for them coming forward , the AFL is able to down play the whole thing and keep the codes image clean
but when the media and public brought so much heat the AFL backed away like a matador and let it go thru to ASADA / WADA

I'd say to all here , if the Bombers want to bleat to anyone who will listen , let them go , it will only hold them back and we can sit back and enjoy the show

Reactions: 2 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
they strongly believed other clubs were cheating and they believed they were playing in the grey area
and by self reporting thought they would get a slap on the wrist

all the ducks lined up for it to happen

The Bombers weren't thriving under Knights and Lloyd and others in the media were snipping him
and wanting the prodigal son to return , which is a nice complement for Hird
but he was so idolised by many at the Club , he could do no wrong in their eyes
this in turn created pressure on Hird to lead them to the promised land
this pressure coupled with a deep seated hatred of several Melb. clubs from his playing days lead him to believe "the must be cheating"

We now know that the public showing of passion from Hird led to Dean Robinson introducing Hird to Dank
just my guess - Hird was so desperate for an outcome it looked like he didn't test Dank's claims or challenge methods

then when it went public Hird's loyal supporters just loving believed his version of events

there was an alleged sunday evening meeting between Essendon officals and AFL heavyweights , including Demitrou
Hird was very bitter and chocked off in his citicism of the AFL , intimating they were betrayed
possibly some very watered down penalty was promised in return for them coming forward , the AFL is able to down play the whole thing and keep the codes image clean
but when the media and public brought so much heat the AFL backed away like a matador and let it go thru to ASADA / WADA

I'd say to all here , if the Bombers want to bleat to anyone who will listen , let them go , it will only hold them back and we can sit back and enjoy the show
Absolutely. I just don’t understand why I am surprised that they are using the reason for the 10 year destruction of samples as a reason to start all over again. It is 100% consistent with their approach from the outset which was to fold the arms and say “find us guilty”.

You do not write cheques for $60k for Hexarelin and then expect that ASADA/WADA & the court of sports arbitration will accept that “ the players never got it but we don’t know where it went”. Riiiiggghhhht…………

Corcoran now says he didn’t want to put Dank on - he (Dank)was late for the meeting to discuss the nutritionist position so Corcoran didn’t want him but Dean Robertson wanted him. I wasn’t involved says Danny. I thought Corcoran was in a senior position but he must have been the water boy. Others appointed him. Riiiggghhhhttt…….

Hird fought every step of the way. After saying that he took responsibility. Including initiating legal action that wasn’t covered by the Club’s insurer who covered defensive legal action. Not initiating it. He was surprised to be sitting there in the initial presser as I recall. Yet telling the players ‘ we are pushing the boundaries, sign this document exonerating the Club about our top secret supplement program and then having the players injected across the road with what felt like “concrete” was nothing out of the ordinary? All normal???

Deliberately keep the Club doctor out of the loop as he was “holding things up”

Shane Charter was a mate of Hird’s from a decade earlier. Said Shane who was charged and found guilty for supplying steroids to others in 2014 and then charged with supplying testosterone in Nov last year. Also not a fan of paying tax apparently. I’m not either but I have paid all my taxes since joining the workforce in 1978. So eff him.

Finally after all the crap that went on years ago and penalties handed out etc. I did have some light relief when it appears that certain “senior” individuals at Essendon told Hirdy he had the coaching job and then the Club appointed Braddles. Maybe it was Sheeds who told him it was a done deal. He was happy to tell the world he “WAS NOT HAPPY” when Hird did not get the job. Should not be on the board as he is his own board. Hope he stays there because that sort of destabilisation should continue for as long as possible.

I used to detest Essendon because of a couple of really sh-t supporters who were mates of mine that used to rub my nose in it when we lost. To anyone. Now? I love Essendon. They are the funniest stand up comedy of a club in the competition.

Reactions: 4 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
And this from Daddy Hird. “If only David Evans had not trusted Andrew Demetriou but listened to the Club coach ( who is that Daddy? Your little boy? Who apparently knew nothing?) and the Club doctor ( the same Club doctor that the “ coach and Corcoran moved to sideline cos he was holding things up?”), and allowed ASADA to run an independent investigation”……… What on earth is DaddyHird smoking???

Jeezuz……………. Tell the old man to shut the eff up. He is a nobody who gets in the papers because of the Essendon media people like Robbo. His main claim to fame is being Daddy Hird. So that. Makes him an expert.

Wow. Just wow.