Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
They haven’t bottomed out yet.

Still miles away from even competing from the bottom of the 8.

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
and we didn't shoot up.
This.
Interesting how severely clubs who have been punished for serious transgressions have been impacted by said punishments.
LEssendon from their "supplements saga" and Cartoon from rorting the salary cap.
Cartoon still paying the price and how long ago was it?
Also seems that being a high-profile Victorian club does not protect you in any way.
Smelbourne probably not far behind with their tanking.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
This.
Interesting how severely clubs who have been punished for serious transgressions have been impacted by said punishments.
LEssendon from their "supplements saga" and Cartoon from rorting the salary cap.
Cartoon still paying the price and how long ago was it?
Also seems that being a high-profile Victorian club does not protect you in any way.
Smelbourne probably not far behind with their tanking.
Both clubs have made finals since their penalties so i don't think it is fair to blame those for their current predicaments. It is simply compounded by a multitude of other poor decisions.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The coterie groups will make sure that Truck is sacked before the end of the season I reckon. They will look for the ex-Bomber to save them again, I hear James Hird is looking for a job
They're so lucky to have parachuted Sheeds onto the board....
  • he will table a motion for a strategic review of the football department. .....
  • be appointed as chair of the Make Essendon Great Again committee. .....
  • conduct numerous interviews with prominent members in all areas of the club's operations. ........
  • travel the length and breadth of the country, sounding out interested parties for a restructure. .........
  • report back to the board that they need a total reset, beginning with the coach and his assistants .....
  • gather together a list of suitable candidates with the appropriate skill set. ....
  • undertake extensive due diligence on potential appointees. ....
  • make recommendations for a slimmed down, streamlined panel...
  • shortlist a group which he and his fellow MEGA committee members see as the only way forward. ...
  • Senior Coach.. K.Sheedy, Senior Assistant J.Hird, Assistant M. Harvey, List Management A.Dodoro, Player Welfare, M.Thompson.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately for them, they don't have a young Cotchin, or Martin, or Riewoldt, or Rance. Or Edwards. Or even a Deledio.
But but but. Didn't the Dodo already draft three of them last year with his magical super top ten picks? Should have been icing on the cake to go with all his other super star early picks from the last few years.

• Haha

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They are us between 1982-2016.
There is alot more dark days ahead.
2000- 21yrs.
Its quickly heading to towards 37.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Until they get the monkey off their back and come clean and admit to the drug scandal they will always struggle carrying that denial around.
may it continue for decades to come.

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Until they get the monkey off their back and come clean and admit to the drug scandal they will always struggle carrying that denial around.
Ooohhh. I like this thought process. I will be using this with all druggies supporters from this day forward.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They are us between 1982-2016.
There is alot more dark days ahead.
2000- 21yrs.
Its quickly heading to towards 37.
C'mon zipp be honest:

Cartoon 25 - must have celebrated their Silver Jubilee last season
Bummers 20 - close to their big 21st

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Every single person who is in any way connected with the drug scandal needs to depart before they’re a chance to truly rebuild. CEO, board, players, coaches, admin, boot studder. All of them.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
We should've played off vs 3 interstate sides. How Bris stuffed it v Cats I'll never know. In between WC won it. The big Vic clubs except one are all either going in circles or on the slide.
Even Haw seems to be in some sort of dream state. Pies hanging in there but still not flag material. Ess and Carl nuf said. It's us v WC Port Swans Bears and Crows will come eventually.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
When they were beating us regularly with Sheedy at the helm, this was my dream. Them struggling and us flying. What’s even better is that we’re doing it with one of their former players, who they had a chance to make coach, as our coach.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jobby “I feel like I am (the deserved winner of the 2012 brownlow medal) . If I felt I had cheated then I wouldn’t have accepted it in the first place.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users