Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Sometime last year they went past our bad run of recent years. By my calculations we won a final on 15th September 2001 against Carlton and the next one was September 8th 2017 vs Geelong, 5837 days

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
This turned out to be such a fun day. It's day like these that I enjoy the Essendon sense of entitlement that they still carry.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Some of the scorelines featured in this clip are horrendous.
When i was growing up it was thier fans that were the best at reminding us about it, it's ironic that they now are what we were then.
Who could forget bomber fans in the 80s and 90s. They weren't obnoxious. But they were entitled. And patronising. I was very envious.

Most symbolic was the year we beat them in round 22 and were *smile*-a-hoop, only to be flogged the week after. Over at quarter time. Was that 2001?

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Without question my most despised club. Hate them. They are *smile*. We the Kings. That is a fact.

• Love

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Who could forget bomber fans in the 80s and 90s. They weren't obnoxious. But they were entitled. And patronising. I was very envious.

Most symbolic was the year we beat them in round 22 and were *smile*-a-hoop, only to be flogged the week after. Over at quarter time. Was that 2001?
sure was.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

There's no doubt in my mind that they threw that game.
Have a look at the Round 21, 2001 ladder.
Essendon could not lose top spot, and if they had beaten us, then they'd have been playing Carlton or Hawthorn the next week in the Qualifying Final, both of whom they clearly respected more. More than likely it would have been Carlton and they had lost to them twice during the year.
By losing to us, they guaranteed it would be us again the following week (and they had belted us earlier in the year).
Not that I am opposed to that. If you work your way into such a position of power by winning early, then I see no problem is using it to your advantage.
But they got their comeuppance on Grand Final day.

Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Essendon's performance today led me to wander over to Bomberblitz.
Interesting feature on that site ... at the head of each thread, it tells you how many posts there are and an estimate of how long it would take to read it all.
Now that would be an interesting algorithm. I wonder if they take into account which club it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
17 clubs should get together and build a bronze statue of Adrian Dildo-ro as a thank you for the gift that keeps on giving.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just saw who they play in rounds 3-6. Seems a good bet that they'll start the season 0-6. Now thats the time to head to BomberBlitz ;)

Truck and Carracella have made a couple of poor decisions going to that shithouse of a club.

Now we should focus on getting Merrett out of that club

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users