Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love this threads title, it's so true, especially their supporters.

Reactions: 1 user

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Hibberd saying he is representing the "Essendon 34" if he is picked in the GF team.
Yeah...so hard done by they were....poor little lambs.

"Get in this minibus and go off site and get jabs of "vitamins" in your bellies, oh and by the way, sign this document and tell no one..."

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jobby “I feel like I am (the deserved winner of the 2012 brownlow medal) . If I felt I had cheated then I wouldn’t have accepted it in the first place.”
Jab gets a bit prick-ly every year around Brownlow Medal time, he doesn't get an invite :rotfl1 Ben Cousins does though.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So *smile* guilty this club. Until they accept that they'll always be held back.

May they keep thinking they are hard done by.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Jobby “I feel like I am (the deserved winner of the 2012 brownlow medal) . If I felt I had cheated then I wouldn’t have accepted it in the first place.”
*smile* off you cheating lying prick :mad:
Hibberd saying he is representing the "Essendon 34" if he is picked in the GF team.
Yeah...so hard done by they were....poor little lambs.

"Get in this minibus and go off site and get jabs of "vitamins" in your bellies, oh and by the way, sign this document and tell no one..."
Is that why he still plays for the druggies? Oh wait, he left because he was disgusted with what the club did, didn’t he?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just proves how appropriate the thread title still is. These entitled flogs, empowered by the support of so much of the AFL media clown pack, especially Fox=Murdoch brand.
No accepting what all the evidence, just investigation and process found proven, and determined outcomes. No, they are still bleating, "I'm innocent and we're so hard done by" ... based on their opinion-in-denial, backed by the above supporters/media.

I cannot believe Hibberd has come out and dredged up this utter BS on the eve of possibly representing MFC in a GF for first flag in 57 years.

Was feeling I might kind of support them giving that huge wait, out of sympathy, since Dogs broke their drought in 2016, against my better instincts to support the WC side; not the bluebloods.

That's decided it for me. Hope Bevo's wild dogs 'eat 'em alive' like the Tigers '17. '19, 20.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
You have to have won the medal fairly to get an invite. He knew he’d cheated. They all did.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Speaking from personal experience about players in general, I'd say you would be lucky to find 1 in a 100 who knows anything about what they are given, either subcutaneously or in any other form.

Which has always been my point about Essendon by the way.
I believed it was the case that as soon as any sportsperson enters any elite program PE & other drug education begins & they are told they MUST know what they are taking.

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Absolutely that is the case, the athlete is completely responsible for any substance they consume and should know.

You would find a stark contrast from the well-resourced athletes like cricketers and footballers and your generally self-managed olympian.

The Olympian will be checking everything themselves, using the hotline and the website and keeping meticulous records. The ones living on easy street know they have staff in place to manage those things and trust them to do it, or probably more accurately don't bother to do it.

It's why I am so strong on the AFL report into other clubs at the Essendon saga time stating players at 9 clubs were independently sourcing supplements without supervision. There is a massive difference in the working knowledge of self-managing supplements between a spoon feed AFL player and an athlete that has to hunt what they eat.

If you told me nine of the Olympic sports had athletes sourcing their own supplements I wouldn't bat an eyelid, nine AFL clubs and alarms are going off everywhere. I'd put everything I own on multiple transgressions of the codes.
absolutely correct

So if a 14 year old swimmer can get 2 years, Essendon can GAGF

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
If it was a Richmond player - any player - refusing the vax they’re done for me.

“Yeah, good player but *smile* moron.”

• Dislike
Reactions: 11 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
You realise the 34 suspended players were suspended because they admitted to having injections, whereas four players who had signed the same consent forms but denied having injection were not suspended?

ASADA admitted in a senate estimates hearing that without admissions they had no other evidence and therefore took no action against the four who were almost certainly lying.

The chief executive of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (Asada) Ben McDevitt was scathing of the Essendon players, described the three-year drugs saga as “the most devastating self-inflicted injury by a sporting club in Australian history”.

He said the players were clearly at fault and had hidden their Thymosin beta-4 regimen from testers.

“There were very little grounds the players to claim they were at no significant fault. The players had received anti-doping education through the AFL and Asada, and were well aware they they are personally responsible for all substances that entered their body.

“Unfortunately, despite their education, they agreed to be injected with a number of substances they had little knowledge of, made no enquiries about the substance and kept the injections from their team doctor and Asada.”

McDevitt said no Essendon player declared the injections during Asada testing missions to the club, “despite being asked each time whether they had taken any supplements”.

“At best, the players did not ask the questions, or the people, they should have. At worst, they were complicit in a culture of secrecy and concealment.”

Old news but it's absolutely damning of the players. Anyways I'm so over it.

Reactions: 7 users

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
There's nothing wrong with any of that but like anything, it needs context.

For example saying 'no Essendon player declared the injections during Asada testing missions to the club "despite being asked each time whether they had taken supplements" sounds damning until you consider they are talking about the standard protocol of a drug test, where the players are asked a series of set questions.

The question isn't have you been given injections, it refers to supplements. You don't need to and wouldn't declare a pain killer or a flu shot or a tetanus jab for example. So there is no reason to declare an injection unless you know you've taken a supplement.

Then you look at the AFL's own admission that the bulk of the clubs had programs where the 'definition of supplements was not satisfactory'. So if the definition of supplements is not satisfactory, it stands to reason that many players may not have been aware that what they were taking was defined as supplements and therefore not declared them to the drug testers.

It doesn't change the fact that they should know and should find out, but it's certainly much less damning than the implication that they were trying to cover them up, particularly in the case of the Essendon 34, who were only suspended because they honestly answered questions in their interviews about receiving injections.
LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users