Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think Essendon are pretty irrelevant now.
Hirdy certainly had an impact didn't he.

Crushed his club, disconnected and disenfranchised many of its fans, and the club still has yet to own up to its cheating and pay with repentance.

The Coteries and their arrogance has seen the Essendon Football Club become a laughing stock, where as once they laughed.

Very much in the same vain as the Carlton FC still do not understand that old ways no longer work.

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Just saw who they play in rounds 3-6. Seems a good bet that they'll start the season 0-6. Now thats the time to head to BomberBlitz ;)

Truck and Carracella have made a couple of poor decisions going to that shithouse of a club.

Now we should focus on getting Merrett out of that club
You think they'll beat Cartoon in Round 7 ?
I think they'll be 0-9.

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I might be wrong but my perceptions of Truck are that he thinks he's living in a fantasy by strutting around hoping people recognise him as a famous club's coach. Looks too relaxed and their supporters are getting shitty about it.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Let’s not forget that when Hardwick took over at Richmond, he lost his first nine games. We were mired in a 30 year streak of mediocrity at the time and the fans reluctantly accepted his message of rebuilding slowly and correctly. We had seen every other half-baked rebuild fall over and were ready to accept it. What did we have to lose?

Essendon fans are still years away from this level of enlightenment. They hit rock bottom years ago but still don‘t get it. He loses a few more and they will lose their religion big-time.

Some already have.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I might be wrong but my perceptions of Truck are that he thinks he's living in a fantasy by strutting around hoping people recognise him as a famous club's coach. Looks too relaxed and their supporters are getting shitty about it.
Saw him at some vfl games strutting in a t-shirt and aviator sunnies. Early tip but he won't ever get another coaching gig.

The step up from assistant to head coach is a very big leap.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Saw him at some vfl games strutting in a t-shirt and aviator sunnies. Early tip but he won't ever get another coaching gig.

The step up from assistant to head coach is a very big leap.
Yeah, he's gotta wake up big time.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
to be fair 70s it took us a good 25 years to get over the entitlement,, so the penny might drop for them in 4 or 5 years if thats any guide. Took us another 10 years to be good.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
to be fair 70s it took us a good 25 years to get over the entitlement,, so the penny might drop for them in 4 or 5 years if thats any guide. Took us another 10 years to be good.
That’s my point. they are not ready.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
TOT70 said:
Let’s not forget that when Hardwick took over at Richmond, he lost his first nine games. We were mired in a 30 year streak of mediocrity at the time and the fans reluctantly accepted his message of rebuilding slowly and correctly. We had seen every other half-baked rebuild fall over and were ready to accept it. What did we have to lose?

Essendon fans are still years away from this level of enlightenment. They hit rock bottom years ago but still don‘t get it. He loses a few more and they will lose their religion big-time.

Some already have.
Unfortunately for them, they don't have a young Cotchin, or Martin, or Riewoldt, or Rance. Or Edwards. Or even a Deledio.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The coterie groups will make sure that Truck is sacked before the end of the season I reckon. They will look for the ex-Bomber to save them again, I hear James Hird is looking for a job

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The coterie groups will make sure that Truck is sacked before the end of the season I reckon. They will look for the ex-Bomber to save them again, I hear James Hird is looking for a job
Can't believe Caracella hasn't geniused them to a flag.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users