Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Big deal.
They haven't won a final.
We couldn't make Finals let alone to lose one.
Shitt turns in this game very quickly.
Rutten and Carcella have picked up some quality kids. If duds like Merritt, Sheild and Stringer realise its a TEAM sport they might win one sooner then later.
From the outside for me, it's a club that has quality but they play all as individuals.
Till that changes nothing will change
I

Reactions: 1 user

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Essendon being in the premiership window….imagine Blobbo…… I hate to contemplate. Actually, rethinking now, it might be funny reading his articles if they are starting to look good, pushing for Hird to come back to the Club on his white steed and with a flaming sword. Crap like “there is a strong push by insiders (being blobbo) at Essendon to get Hird back to Essendon.

They fall for it. He is embraced back to the fold and formally changes his name to “Prodigal”. He then proceeds to whiteant Rutten, who lets face it, is not an “Essendon” person, just like he did to Knighter a some years back which was just disgraceful.

Fortunately, this is real Essendon behaviour and they then fragment and turn back to *smile* again..

• Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Essendon being in the premiership window….imagine Blobbo…… I hate to contemplate. Actually, rethinking now, it might be funny reading his articles if they are starting to look good, pushing for Hird to come back to the Club on his white steed and with a flaming sword. Crap like “there is a strong push by insiders (being blobbo) at Essendon to get Hird back to Essendon.

They fall for it. He is embraced back to the fold and formally changes his name to “Prodigal”. He then proceeds to whiteant Rutten, who lets face it, is not an “Essendon” person, just like he did to Knighter a some years back which was just disgraceful.

Fortunately, this is real Essendon behaviour and they then fragment and turn back to *smile* again..
But, Judas Hird is rumoured to whiteant Cameron for the GWS job.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Nah - I don’t buy it yet.

The bumbers are in that middle ground 7 - 14 on the ladder where it is really hard to make that jump into the top 4.

We hear it every year and every year they excite at some point during the season- cause their not rock bottom - it fall flat when it counts.

Just cause the ‘experts’ think they will jump this year perhaps gives me more confidence that they won‘t cause those said experts rarely get it right.

Its just painful listening to the crap commentary year after year.

Reactions: 5 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Nah - I don’t buy it yet.

The bumbers are in that middle ground 7 - 14 on the ladder where it is really hard to make that jump into the top 4.

We hear it every year and every year they excite at some point during the season- cause their not rock bottom - it fall flat when it counts.

Just cause the ‘experts’ think they will jump this year perhaps gives me more confidence that they won‘t cause those said experts rarely get it right.

Its just painful listening to the crap commentary year after year.

Agree. Their players that are in their prime are nowhere our prime players from 2017-2020. And that's a big part of winning flags.

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I'm sorry, that is an awful midfield.

Shiel, the gun recruit, on the few occasions he gets on the park he can't kick over a jam tin. Has anyone ever seen this cat kick with his right hoof?

Merrett, outstanding kick over 12-15 metres and incredible at the backwards handball.

McGrath, the great white hope, has now sent to the half back flank.

Parish has put together half a season ever, Caldwell breaks down at the first sign of a sneeze, Hobbs will forever lament he ended up the other side of Tullamarine, playing Stringer in the guts is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

There needs to be hangings at 'the hangar' for the duds who recruited this lot.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I feel dirty because of all of the theft they have done to us, it makes me feel genuinely sick when I watch them. Yes, we had lots of success we can be happy about, but it was the new culture and new Richmond I cared about, I enjoyed 2017 so much way before we won the flag, I was just happy to see how we had transformed into a fun team I loved to watch, and Essendon took that all away and took it on for themselves, piece by piece.

The absolute gut punch? My best mate whom I always discuss footy with, he's an Essendon supporter. Can barely look him in the eye when it comes to footy anymore, I have to stop myself from saying things that will make him feel bad that his team has come good. He messaged me recently saying how happy he was they got Wanganeen, inside I wanted to say get stuffed, but it's not a personal thing so of course I won't say that, I just hate his club now. All I could muster was a thumbs up.

Copying and a little poaching in the AFL is standard fare, I get that. Everyone tries to emulate the best. Normally teams look to get a coach and/or a player from a really good team, perhaps one or multiple teams will try to emulate the style (or certain aspects of the style) of a really good team. But it has gone THIS far for Essendon:

- First they took Rutten.
- Second they took a still-contracted Caracella.
- They clearly then took the gamestyle, obvious in the preseason games in 2020 when I saw their forums and them jizzing at the "forward handball".
- At the same time they grabbed Townsend (fair, he was delisted, but still).
- They then start using our unique terminology like "celebrating" each other and their weaknesses and strengths.
- They start goofing around and smiling in the huddle, Richmond-like, being jokers, Heppell walks around looking like a goof, enters the field the EXACT same way as Cotchin does.
- They bid on Maurice Rioli jnr.
- They steal a RICHMOND VFL PLAYER, Sam Durham, just before we were (supposedly) going to take him.
- 2021 arrives and Richmond now resembles 2016 again, and as sick as I feel, Essendon do look to be playing how we did in 2017 (just not quite as good - yet?), filling the TV screen with Black and Red, pressuring like mad, swarming forward in waves.
- They start appearing in media for being cultural shining lights in a Richmond-esque way.
- Pre-2022 arrives and they steal yet another Richmond VFL player, McDonagh, and recruit our legend who retired in weird circumstances, a man we've absolutely PINED to have back at the club, Alex Rance (thankfully now left Essendon for some reason).
- They add red to the collar of their guernsey ala Richmond 2017 adding yellow (and some to the sleeves which we didn't do).

Like... I am almost lost for words. What the actual *smile* is all of the above? They have basically stolen and absorbed everything we created, then taken it on as their own, like some blob entity. No single team has ever gone THAT hard on taking stuff from another team. And what are we left with? We still don't really know, but the signs weren't amazing against Geelong on the weekend at times, despite winning. We've definitely lost that swarm and buzz that was so fun to watch and I genuinely *smile* hate Essendon for doing that to us, and when (if) I happen to watch them, and any success it brings them, I'll just turn my nose up at it and say it's all fake and stolen, be as smug as you like (looking at you Stringer and Parish you smug *smile*) but you still suck deep down, and all you've done is thefted your way to being any good.

Anyway sorry, rant over, you can see how much I hate them. As I said to my Essendon mate, who exasperatedly said during a brief discussion on it, "But you just won 3 flags, I'd love to be in that position!" - "Yes, but it's not about the flags, we created a new culture and gamestyle, a new Richmond that had an identity we've never had in my 30 years of watching (I'm nearly 35), and Essendon has just taken that away, and perhaps also made our success look fake, as if it was only ever due to Caracella and THAT gameplan." And to some degree that's how I really feel, too, as if Essendon can now make a flag push with that style and Caracella, and we were never really THAT good without it. Our change in identity was just too brief, and it's their bloody fault.

To put a final little bit of icing on a *smile* cake, they took Ben Hobbs in the draft who I really wanted and thought we needed badly (our midfield is the current biggest need and we didn't address it), after we passed on him... Watch him become a 200-gamer for them. I'm sure Gibcus will be very good but, right now when we have a small window potentially still open, it's quality midfielders we needed to push/stay afloat, then take us into the next phase. Could have gotten a key defender when it was definitely time to fully rebuild, then partner him with Balta alongside Vlastuin and perhaps Broad will still be there.

I took a Reddit re-post meme and made it suit the Bombers:

View attachment 14695

So yeah, however long Essendon play like this, I'll never take it seriously as it's all stolen, and I'll hate them for a good long while.

PS. I know we still beat them in 2021, but you can't tell me our "style" isn't somewhat gone and taken by them. Also they came roaring back in that 2021 game and I really dunno how we kicked 7 goals in 10 minutes.
Anyway, what it brings them remains to be seen, but I for one will turn my back to it.
I hear you RJ !! Great Post.

My hate for them is coming back veryyyyy strongly again.

When I moved to Melbourne in 87 every *smile* second person in our old Telecom yard in Dandenong barracked for them *smile*.
Cocky as *smile* and mirrored up with out worst team results ever.
Only ever had one physical fight with a mate up here (yes a bomber supporter) I lived with, as the swans absolutely pumped them by 100 points or more (after Lou tipped the bombers by a 100 ) lol.

Gave it to him after years of copping it for being *smile* (which we were) but he certainly didn’t like copping it back.

*smile* of a club…*smile* ‘em ! And Sheedy for abandoning us !

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I feel dirty because of all of the theft they have done to us, it makes me feel genuinely sick when I watch them. Yes, we had lots of success we can be happy about, but it was the new culture and new Richmond I cared about, I enjoyed 2017 so much way before we won the flag, I was just happy to see how we had transformed into a fun team I loved to watch, and Essendon took that all away and took it on for themselves, piece by piece.

The absolute gut punch? My best mate whom I always discuss footy with, he's an Essendon supporter. Can barely look him in the eye when it comes to footy anymore, I have to stop myself from saying things that will make him feel bad that his team has come good. He messaged me recently saying how happy he was they got Wanganeen, inside I wanted to say get stuffed, but it's not a personal thing so of course I won't say that, I just hate his club now. All I could muster was a thumbs up.

Copying and a little poaching in the AFL is standard fare, I get that. Everyone tries to emulate the best. Normally teams look to get a coach and/or a player from a really good team, perhaps one or multiple teams will try to emulate the style (or certain aspects of the style) of a really good team. But it has gone THIS far for Essendon:

- First they took Rutten.
- Second they took a still-contracted Caracella.
- They clearly then took the gamestyle, obvious in the preseason games in 2020 when I saw their forums and them jizzing at the "forward handball".
- At the same time they grabbed Townsend (fair, he was delisted, but still).
- They then start using our unique terminology like "celebrating" each other and their weaknesses and strengths.
- They start goofing around and smiling in the huddle, Richmond-like, being jokers, Heppell walks around looking like a goof, enters the field the EXACT same way as Cotchin does.
- They bid on Maurice Rioli jnr.
- They steal a RICHMOND VFL PLAYER, Sam Durham, just before we were (supposedly) going to take him.
- 2021 arrives and Richmond now resembles 2016 again, and as sick as I feel, Essendon do look to be playing how we did in 2017 (just not quite as good - yet?), filling the TV screen with Black and Red, pressuring like mad, swarming forward in waves.
- They start appearing in media for being cultural shining lights in a Richmond-esque way.
- Pre-2022 arrives and they steal yet another Richmond VFL player, McDonagh, and recruit our legend who retired in weird circumstances, a man we've absolutely PINED to have back at the club, Alex Rance (thankfully now left Essendon for some reason).
- They add red to the collar of their guernsey ala Richmond 2017 adding yellow (and some to the sleeves which we didn't do).

Like... I am almost lost for words. What the actual *smile* is all of the above? They have basically stolen and absorbed everything we created, then taken it on as their own, like some blob entity. No single team has ever gone THAT hard on taking stuff from another team. And what are we left with? We still don't really know, but the signs weren't amazing against Geelong on the weekend at times, despite winning. We've definitely lost that swarm and buzz that was so fun to watch and I genuinely *smile* hate Essendon for doing that to us, and when (if) I happen to watch them, and any success it brings them, I'll just turn my nose up at it and say it's all fake and stolen, be as smug as you like (looking at you Stringer and Parish you smug *smile*) but you still suck deep down, and all you've done is thefted your way to being any good.

Anyway sorry, rant over, you can see how much I hate them. As I said to my Essendon mate, who exasperatedly said during a brief discussion on it, "But you just won 3 flags, I'd love to be in that position!" - "Yes, but it's not about the flags, we created a new culture and gamestyle, a new Richmond that had an identity we've never had in my 30 years of watching (I'm nearly 35), and Essendon has just taken that away, and perhaps also made our success look fake, as if it was only ever due to Caracella and THAT gameplan." And to some degree that's how I really feel, too, as if Essendon can now make a flag push with that style and Caracella, and we were never really THAT good without it. Our change in identity was just too brief, and it's their bloody fault.

To put a final little bit of icing on a *smile* cake, they took Ben Hobbs in the draft who I really wanted and thought we needed badly (our midfield is the current biggest need and we didn't address it), after we passed on him... Watch him become a 200-gamer for them. I'm sure Gibcus will be very good but, right now when we have a small window potentially still open, it's quality midfielders we needed to push/stay afloat, then take us into the next phase. Could have gotten a key defender when it was definitely time to fully rebuild, then partner him with Balta alongside Vlastuin and perhaps Broad will still be there.

I took a Reddit re-post meme and made it suit the Bombers:

View attachment 14695

So yeah, however long Essendon play like this, I'll never take it seriously as it's all stolen, and I'll hate them for a good long while.

PS. I know we still beat them in 2021, but you can't tell me our "style" isn't somewhat gone and taken by them. Also they came roaring back in that 2021 game and I really dunno how we kicked 7 goals in 10 minutes.
Anyway, what it brings them remains to be seen, but I for one will turn my back to it.

That's a good rant RJ, I hate them too, and their supporters even more.

I reckon they're still flaky. They were in a position to win the Dreamtime game last year in Perth but choked in a big way. I was there, and enjoyed sticking it right up their supporters after they were carrying on like pork chops all game. They were shattered when we slammed on 7 goals in the last 15 minutes.
They did the same in the Elimination final against the Dogs, they were 3 points down at half time and were then held goalless in the 2nd half.

Pretenders !!!!

• Haha

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I mean, it's literally been almost a week since the Bombers last self-flagellated. What incredible restraint they possess.

Time to wheel out 'Lordo' for another liberal dash of self-important bombast!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm sorry, that is an awful midfield.

Shiel, the gun recruit, on the few occasions he gets on the park he can't kick over a jam tin. Has anyone ever seen this cat kick with his right hoof?

Merrett, outstanding kick over 12-15 metres and incredible at the backwards handball.

McGrath, the great white hope, has now sent to the half back flank.

Parish has put together half a season ever
Agree on that except Parish - he is a star. Gun. Similar to Touk Miller, still underrated.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Speaking of Essendrugs!!

Fan Boi David King has an anniversary today.

Help him celebrate !!

BCC773EE-C412-4344-A1D1-37FCFC3631C6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
2022 season questions.jpg

Let's have a go at answering those questions in order.

1. Possibly
2. Probably
3. Unlikely
4. :rotfl1

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I reckon they're still flaky. They were in a position to win the Dreamtime game last year in Perth but choked in a big way. I was there, and enjoyed sticking it right up their supporters after they were carrying on like pork chops all game. They were shattered when we slammed on 7 goals in the last 15 minutes.
They did the same in the Elimination final against the Dogs, they were 3 points down at half time and were then held goalless in the 2nd half.

Pretenders !!!!

That's what I'm talking about !!!!! :banana

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users