Essendon = Entitlement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Essendon = Entitlement

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I am not one for kicking someone when they are down but in this case I will make an exception. I reckon we should target a player that we would like from Essendon and go hard, we have plenty to offer.

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I am not one for kicking someone when they are down but in this case I will make an exception. I reckon we should target a player that we would like from Essendon and go hard, we have plenty to offer.
I’d rather not try and do any business with that mob. They are just a prick of a club.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It's great that the Bombers are all about appeasing their self entitled fans. They think that getting Sheedy and Hird back at the club is the answer, it didn't work at Carlton and won't work at Essendon. What next, Lloyd back there in charge of culture.
I look forward to a few years time when Sheedy's gimmicks haven't worked.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It pays to keep your players happy. They have all the favours, even to the point of walking out on contracts.

Essendon is going to get bent over by Carlton like Carlton got bent over by us on Grigg. Deal, or receive nothing.
How did Carlton got bent over by us on Grigg? Some thought they got 1 of the best young players in the league. some (not so knowledgeable) fans even nearly jumped ship.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
But you would be dealing with the dodo. He would want at least a couple of first round picks for even their worst player

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The only one I like is Zach Merrett but he’s contracted for ‘21 and allegedly wants big money $800/900k.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
How did Carlton got bent over by us on Grigg? Some thought they got 1 of the best young players in the league. some (not so knowledgeable) fans even nearly jumped ship.

Yeah, plenty of melts on here when we got Griggs

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
But you would be dealing with the dodo. He would want at least a couple of first round picks for even their worst player

They should see the writing on the wall and do a Dimma - clean out the mature talent over this trade period and the next and load up on draft picks. It will be painful but now they are losing Joe and Saad they need to go with it. Having the Dodo there won't help, but anyway.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
They should see the writing on the wall and do a Dimma - clean out the mature talent over this trade period and the next and load up on draft picks. It will be painful but now they are losing Joe and Saad they need to go with it. Having the Dodo there won't help, but anyway.

Agreed, but I also don't want them to do that so they wallow on mediocrity for a little while longer.

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
I have a few really good friends who are Essendon supporters and they've somehow been infected by the entitlement disease.

You know how they say you shouldn't talk politics with people dear to you whose views are at odds with yours?

Well, I don't talk footy with those friends.
Try living with one!!!!! Need to constantly act sad that they are no good when in reality, giggling like a child on the inside!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
article on afl website putting forward an 8 point plan to rebuild the Bombers, one point is to 'put the drugs saga behind them". By that they seem to mean just stop talking about it. I'd argue this is fundamentally missing the point, until the Bombers admit they cheated, come clean sincerely and with good faith, their culture will remain toxic.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Getting Sheedy back does not look like the right move to me.

Sheedy was a very smart footballer, ahead of the game. But, he was ahead of the game back in the 1980s.

Don't think he is still ahead of the game, not surprising given when he played and coached.

Looking back is not going to take them forward.

Mind you, I like Essendon being crap, so they can go ahead and bring back Sheedy and Hird, I'll be happy if they stay in mediocrity for a few more decades.

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The only one I like is Zach Merrett but he’s contracted for ‘21 and allegedly wants big money $800/900k.
Pretty sure we get quietly into players ears a year or two before we slip them into our system. Another year of carrying the *smile* can at Essendrugs n Merret might be more than happy to come to a powerful finals club for a reasonable wage as a free agent.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Sheedy is the problem at that club. His shadow was cast there for too long and his favourites continue to snipe and undermine anyone that wasn’t one of Sheedy’s love children or his rat pack. They do not back anyone that isn’t from their little incestuous circle. Long may they be mid-table crap.
Rutten too busy looking over his shoulder to coach?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope Sheedy gets Hird back at the club, especially if it annoys the players that are still there from the drug saga.
I really want to see them wallowing in mediocrity for a lot longer.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Remember at the start of the 2018 season when David King tipped them to win the flag! Ha ha ha.

• Haha