Fair weather friends are the loneliest friends | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fair weather friends are the loneliest friends

My Nan grew up in the same street as Jack Dyer in the 1920's her whole family never missed a game up until the 1980's she grew up in a successful Richmond culture with Jack Dyer and lived through the dark days of the 1950's and early 1960's and then the renaissance under Tom Hafey, Graeme Richmond & Ian Wilson and then the dark days again until she passed away a few years ago. She loved Richmond, Jack Dyer, Tom Hafey, Franicis Bourke & Kevin Sheedy. She always believed that Kevin Sheedy going to Essendon was very bad for the club and wished he was at Richmond.

If she was alive today she would want nothing more than to see a Richmond person back at the helm of the club - there is only one current coach that has links to the past but has recent success.

I think we should keep Hardwick to see out his contract if he wants to but bring in Malthouse as the director of coaching. Malthouse would add 1000's of new members to the club in 2015 - Premiership player - Premiership coach and the only living person who understands the "Richmond Culture" who is a premiership coach and currently coaching and can handle the pressure. Ala Roos at Melbourne he could groom his successor and take this club to it's third season of success in it's history.

Failure teaches us that success is a better option.

tigergollywog said:
So can I humbly request you keep the vitriole and hyperbole to yourself? Think it. But dont say it. Its often immensely disrespectful to our culture

rosy23 said:
Why should the thread be locked or is that just another gratuitous dig at the moderating? My point is the same whether I use those words or not. They are not hidden whether crudely or otherwise. They are there for all to read. I certainly didn't attack you personally. I gave my opinion on what you were asking. You're entitled to respond but to imply my comments a "personal attack" is a tad sensitive. No attack at all.

Calling me "Rosy-my-dear" is as ordinary as things you're telling others not to post. I'd prefer to be called a dud than condescendingly referred to as your dear. As I said double standards between what you tell others to post and what you post yourself. The difference appears to be who it's aimed at rather than what is said.

Sorry about the '-my-dear'

Humbly requesting, is different than telling, isnt it?

I do genuinely feel a gross disrespect to my culture when people say some of the stuff they are saying about Richmond.

Thats why I felt compelled to humbly request they desist. And I did it within the guidelines. didnt I?

The_General said:
Sorry TGW, but just as you have the right to say what you want, so do I. You also have the choice to read it or not.

Fair weather players are worse than fair weather friends. I've seen a lot of them over the years. I see no one taking pride in the jumper anymore. It's a crying shame, that one of the guys who tried to stand up and show leadership is in his second year.

Our culture isn't something to be proud of any more. That culture left long ago. Only a very radical attitude will change it, and strong leaders. We don't have either.

This .... enjoy a :donut for your effort.

tigertime2 said:
My Nan grew up in the same street as Jack Dyer in the 1920's her whole family never missed a game up until the 1980's she grew up in a successful Richmond culture with Jack Dyer and lived through the dark days of the 1950's and early 1960's and then the renaissance under Tom Hafey, Graeme Richmond & Ian Wilson and then the dark days again until she passed away a few years ago. She loved Richmond, Jack Dyer, Tom Hafey, Franicis Bourke & Kevin Sheedy. She always believed that Kevin Sheedy going to Essendon was very bad for the club and wished he was at Richmond.

If she was alive today she would want nothing more than to see a Richmond person back at the helm of the club - there is only one current coach that has links to the past but has recent success.

I think we should keep Hardwick to see out his contract if he wants to but bring in Malthouse as the director of coaching. Malthouse would add 1000's of new members to the club in 2015 - Premiership player - Premiership coach and the only living person who understands the "Richmond Culture" who is a premiership coach and currently coaching and can handle the pressure. Ala Roos at Melbourne he could groom his successor and take this club to it's third season of success in it's history.

Failure teaches us that success is a better option.

What makes you think Malthouse would leave Carlton after 2 years and come "home" to Richmond. Was this a hope rather than an expectation?