Fat Lady | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fat Lady

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
For all the doom & gloom we'll finish the round half a game outside the 8 while playing our worst Footy in 3 years. Anyone writing us off now is an idiot! #GoTiges!

Reactions: 9 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
It looked the same after GWS and LOLingwood whipped us early last year, and even moreso after the GeeLOL drubbing.

This is the mostly likely year a team finishes 8th and wins the premiership. Keep the list COVID-free and make the finals and we're a show.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It looked the same after GWS and LOLingwood whipped us early last year, and even moreso after the GeeLOL drubbing.

This is the mostly likely year a team finishes 8th and wins the premiership. Keep the list COVID-free and make the finals and we're a show.

I reckon the way we are playing is off.
Not to sure our game style was off against Geelong or Collingwood last year..we just beaten by better sides at that stage.
Grimes was still intercepting the ball
Big V was still tackling
Rance had just got injured.
Grimes No intercept marks last night. The entire back 6 made 8 tackles. Cotchin and Edwards had 6 each.
We didn't have our best player play with broken ribs
The fowards were still putting pressure on.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
For all the doom & gloom we'll finish the round half a game outside the 8 while playing our worst Footy in 3 years. Anyone writing us off now is an idiot! #GoTiges!

We definitely aren’t playing September footy

the players and coaches know how to sort it out.
Let hawthorn and saints be early season legends.

3 three weeks out of finals I back my team.
although Vlastuin is usual Vlastuin and is playing like it’s September

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Those losses last year were about personnel or lack thereof. We had a lot of injuries to key players last year. Once we got them back we were unbeatable.

This year is very different. The key players are all there. The desire and motivation is not.

Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Those losses last year were about personnel or lack thereof. We had a lot of injuries to key players last year. Once we got them back we were unbeatable.

This year is very different. The key players are all there. The desire and motivation is not.
Perhaps some of those names are no longer the key personnel.... changing of the guard could be quickly upon us

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
We have been using a new game plan and it stinks of 2016

I am the first to admit my junior footy days were pretty ordinary and limited, so no expert.

But, I am allowed an opinion on what I have watched so far on the box.

Seems to me our players are playing for themselves and not as a team.

No longer are we playing the style that won us 2 premierships. Long bombs, no run, no back up to take a handpass.

Then we have a new forward coach in McQualter.

If his instructions are to kick it high and long into the forward 50 then that is not what we did in the past.

As said, I am far from an expert on strategy, and can only go on what I see every week.

We need to change or the fat lady will have sung loud and clear.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Perhaps some of those names are no longer the key personnel.... changing of the guard could be quickly upon us
5 games ago we won a premiership by 89 points. Can’t believe the talent has disappeared that quickly.

It’s motivation and desire. If they can’t get it back quickly we’re *smile* for this year.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
"We are not playing a Richmond-style game at the moment.

Comment by DH, backs up what I posted.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

Except last year we had already lost Rance (which the players we’re trying to deal with) and then Jack/Cotch/Short all went down with injury and Dusty got suspended.
Big difference..........oh yeah and Covid.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Half the coaches in the league will have spent the summer working out how to beat us. Would be arrogance to think that none have been able come up with at least a partial answer.

And our coaches should have spent spent half the summer tweaking the game plan after Rance retired aS well as coming up with changes to keep ahead of the pack, including the. plans for a post JR8 and Bacha world.

this is year 4 of our ascendancy, year 1 plans are historical documents .

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

I had the same thought yesterday, we won't have the usual season grind behind us when we reach finals. Every team will have a slump ours is now & atm we are only half a game outside the 8.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We definitely aren’t playing September footy

the players and coaches know how to sort it out.
Let hawthorn and saints be early season legends.

3 three weeks out of finals I back my team.
although Vlastuin is usual Vlastuin and is playing like it’s September
The St Kilda cheer sqd in the comm box didn't notice but Nank was huge yesterday.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If Cotchin's Instagram anything to go by.
He doesn't seemed too concerned.
Why would he, take it easy this year. Find some kids and come back for tilt at it next year.
When we get a bottom 6 draw... :banana

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If we lose to the Coasters next week and the Kangas and Gee Whiz over the following weeks (very possible) then thats prettymuch the season done in regard to seriouslty contending and she'll be a hollering.

Then it will play the kids for mine and start 2021 from then on and get the senior blokes who couldn't get the job done get their hunger back.

We might even turn up some better options for 2021 going forward by seasons end.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
They were drooling all over Marshall & didn't even notice that Nank had a monster game. pitty he was alone in that regard.

I was surprised at how he was leaping at centre bounces , was winning some good hit outs big Nank.