Feminism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Feminism

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In that case I withdraw my comment about you and angry lesbians and wish you all the best.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
In that case I withdraw my comment about you and angry lesbians and wish you all the best.
Can I interest you in some educational attire?

il_570xN.2004967347_q27b.jpg

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
I must, however, admit to being entirely morally confounded, when the Randwick Womens Pool recently declared a genital re-alignment entry requirement for entry as a trans-woman.

Imagine the poor signwriter when the committee were describing what they were after?

The language does get trickier. The thing is should women and girls ever be subjected to seeing a *smile* when in a women’s only swimming zone?

It’s kind of interesting that some transgender activists argue against viewing the world though the binary lens but then insist upon it – men self identifying as women demanding women's rights .

Is there any reason why trans women can’t have their own facilities, spaces, shelters, rape centres, grants, sport competitions etc ?

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
omg, the word *smile* be censored. ok, try again - should women and girls ever be subjected to seeing a man's thingy when in a women’s only swimming zone?

Feminists, even angry lesbians have a fair case I think.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It’s kind of interesting that some transgender activists argue against viewing the world though the binary lens but then insist upon it – men self identifying as women demanding women's rights .

I would actually draw a parallel here with the gay marriage debate. I know a few of the old gay activists from the 1970s thought it was a crock because they wanted to be challenging the institution of marriage rather than gain entry to it.

In some ways the way trans rights are being presented is fundamentally conservative. Rather than insisting that they be allowed to identify with whichever gender regardless of which biological sex they were born as, why not challenge the whole edifice of gender politics which posits that men and women have certain social roles based on their biology. Gender is a societal construct and society can construct gender roles differently.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Firstly so we're clear I'm all for strong minded, career oriented women & equal rights for females. 100%.
I have many strong, well educated females in my family. I also believe the feminist war towards equality is well on the way to being won but recognise it's also still an ongoing work in progress. At the risk of being in a bubble, I'd dare say most men 50 & under (& many older too) would see women as equal without giving it a second thought.

What I particularly hate though (& why I started this thread) is when it seems men can't criticise, or even rationally discuss many women's issues without much of the collective sisterhood coming down on them like a tonne of bricks & shutting conversation down. Even when they're flat out wrong or in some cases shown to be complete liars.
Yes there's a lot of bad men out there but equally there's many bad women out there too (but you wouldn't know it).
My point is if you can't have logical discussion & men feel their voice is strangled on issues involving women, or men's rights then that's the opposite of progress & it will ultimately just lead to a backlash. Because one thing you can be sure of is women sure have a voice/soapbox when it comes to their frustrations with men & women's rights.
Already we're seeing in this thread that when it comes to the issue that it's a sensitive one but unless men are able to have a voice too, then there's a real risk of a backlash towards 'feminism'. It's tough enough for many men to communicate like females do anyway hence why we see so many effected by mental illness etc.
Progress must be that male issues & frustrations need to be able to be discussed freely.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Firstly so we're clear I'm all for strong minded, career oriented women & equal rights for females. 100%.
I have many strong, well educated females in my family. I also believe the feminist war towards equality is well on the way to being won but recognise it's also still an ongoing work in progress. At the risk of being in a bubble, I'd dare say most men 50 & under (& many older too) would see women as equal without giving it a second thought.

What I particularly hate though (& why I started this thread) is when it seems men can't criticise, or even rationally discuss many women's issues without much of the collective sisterhood coming down on them like a tonne of bricks & shutting conversation down. Even when they're flat out wrong or in some cases shown to be complete liars.
Yes there's a lot of bad men out there but equally there's many bad women out there too (but you wouldn't know it).
My point is if you can't have logical discussion & men feel their voice is strangled on issues involving women, or men's rights then that's the opposite of progress & it will ultimately just lead to a backlash. Because one thing you can be sure of is women sure have a voice/soapbox when it comes to their frustrations with men & women's rights.
Already we're seeing in this thread that when it comes to the issue that it's a sensitive one but unless men are able to have a voice too, then there's a real risk of a backlash towards 'feminism'. It's tough enough for many men to communicate like females do anyway hence why we see so many effected by mental illness etc.
Progress must be that male issues & frustrations need to be able to be discussed freely.
Us poor men are sick of not being heard!

When will I, as a straight white male get my soap box?

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
If it means nothing to you then just ignore it instead of being a complete twat.

Your post was condescending garbage.

You basically said

"Now don't get me wrong. I love women. Some of my best friends are women. Even my mum was a woman. But here's the thing. You got the vote now. Ease up ladies. You keep pushing like this and some men are gonna get upset. Now we wouldn't that would we?"

Then, most hilariously, you bemoaned the lack of voice men have? Seriously? I'm the twat?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I’m all for debate. You weren’t debating anything just being deliberately provocative. As I said pretty typical of your behaviour on here. You said it early on the thread that it would get ugly. Congratulations.