Feminism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Feminism

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Was banned from commenting on the HS site this morning for this (attempted) post on the story 'What a joke!': Fury at Australia Day Honour list (paywalled).

I have no doubt an angry (but not necessarily lesbian) feminist moderator is responsible for the ban.

They just tend to be very unreasonable people.
I assume you were commenting on the bigot Court getting something because she gets picked on for her views?

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Women are actually more prone to mental health problems.

That's interesting. Men appear to be the focus of mental health issues in the media these days but maybe that's just trying to encourage them to come forward and seek help. I have a number of lesbians in my family circle and as a result have met quite a few gay women. It seems to me being a gay woman is way way more challenging than being a gay man. More confusion and sadness than anger.

https://www.talkspace.com/blog/mental-health-issues-lesbian-women-cope/

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I have lesbians in my immediate family - apart from a reliance on spiritual healing and other mumbo jumbo they seem incredibly happy and well adjusted. Mind you my family was always very accepting and they have very wide circles of friends, both gay and straight. I guess it could be much harder if someone is less accepted by family and more isolated.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
When I started my current role about 18 months ago, one of my reports asked how I viewed lesbian relationships.

HR were involved when my answer was " in high definition"

ducks for cover

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
I have lesbians in my immediate family - apart from a reliance on spiritual healing and other mumbo jumbo they seem incredibly happy and well adjusted. Mind you my family was always very accepting and they have very wide circles of friends, both gay and straight. I guess it could be much harder if someone is less accepted by family and more isolated.

Yeah, there's gotta be something in that - having the whole family on board is so important.

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
When I started my current role about 18 months ago, one of my reports asked how I viewed lesbian relationships.

ducks for cover

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Very funny!

glantone

Jun 5, 2007
I have lesbians in my immediate family - apart from a reliance on spiritual healing and other mumbo jumbo they seem incredibly happy and well adjusted...
You know that's very heartening. Up until now I actually believed that most lesbians were at worst doomed to a life of soul searching and misery or at best on an emotional roller coaster ready to derail at any moment. Guess I haven't met enough lesbians.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Most of the gay and trans people at my work are fine, a supportive environment makes a huge difference. Some have issues but that's the case for any group in society, clearly there are some pressures they face that the rest of us don't which doesn't help.

One of my workmates recently had twins with her wife, they are going fine.

Everyone has challenges, gay and trans people could do without prejudice adding to their challenges (as could women).

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

ducks for cover
Used to have a couple of lesbians living next door, we used to have the odd bbq and drinks. I asked them over for drinks for my birthday, they gave me a beautiful watch. They said we hope you like it, we weren't sure what type you wanted, I told them I didn't want a watch, I wanted, to watch:help

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i wonder, with the recent commentary on the attitudes to, and the treatment of, women by our elected government whether anyone stills thinks women have achieved equality, and 'feminism' is no longer needed?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
i wonder, with the recent commentary on the attitudes to, and the treatment of, women by our elected government whether anyone stills thinks women have achieved equality, and 'feminism' is no longer needed?
If you're talking about the allegations of criminal behaviour, then women should receive every encouragement to report them to the correct authority (police).

I haven't followed the story/stories closely as lobbing the allegations at the PM's feet is clearly a political stunt.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If you're talking about the allegations of criminal behaviour, then women should receive every encouragement to report them to the correct authority (police).

I haven't followed the story/stories closely as lobbing the allegations at the PM's feet is clearly a political stunt.

Sure, if you think it's better for the PM to ignore criminal activity in parliament house, or ignore serious criminal allegations levelled at his AG.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sure, if you think it's better for the PM to ignore criminal activity in parliament house, or ignore serious criminal allegations levelled at his AG.
I’ll clarify: a very grubby political stunt.

Scomo’s not a detective. It’s like calling the bank to say your electricity’s been disconnected.

“*smile* shitty banks. Always screwing people over!”

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I’ll clarify: a very grubby political stunt.

Scomo’s not a detective. It’s like calling the bank to say your electricity’s been disconnected.

“*smile* shitty banks. Always screwing people over

Sure. Every PM, President, CEO and organisational leader can just say "look I'm not a detective" and ignore alleged criminality in their organisation forever more.

No one's asking him to conduct any actual investigation himself you numpty.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

those allegations, whilst the worst, are just a small part.
even Morrison admits there are issues with how women are treated within his party, and his government. not sure why you would try to deny it. Kelly O'Dwyer and Julia Banks both quit the party after raising concerns about the treatment of women within the party that is in government in this country. but you still think women have achieved equality.