Feminism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Feminism

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
How do we feel about feminism? It's a subject that seems to be becoming more difficult to discuss particularly as a man.

I'm all for strong independent women but there seems a fair proportion of vocal feminists that seem to genuinely hate men.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
How do we feel about feminism? It's a subject that seems to be becoming more difficult to discuss particularly as a man.

I'm all for strong independent women but there seems a fair proportion of vocal feminists that seem to genuinely hate men.

Thoughts?

Most women I know have distanced themselves from modern feminist culture. Toxic is how many describe it. Many women speak out against it now. As a male it’s dangerous to talk about it as you will be labeled.

As a father of two girls and a son, I will be doing my best to teach respect and tolerance to all my children. And my girls will know that anything is possible but it must be based on merit and nothing else.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Most women I know have distanced themselves from modern feminist culture. Toxic is how many describe it. Many women speak out against it now. As a male it’s dangerous to talk about it as you will be labeled.

As a father of two girls and a son, I will be doing my best to teach respect and tolerance to all my children. And my girls will know that anything is possible but it must be based on merit and nothing else.

Good stuff MB.
I find it a really strange phenomena that men can’t barely even discuss much at all to do with the subject these days. If you even dare point out that something might be wrong or unjust you’re right that the label comes & that’s just *smile* tbh.

Reactions: 1 user

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Good stuff MB.
I find it a really strange phenomena that men can’t barely even discuss much at all to do with the subject these days. If you even dare point out that something might be wrong or unjust you’re right that the label comes & that’s just *smile* tbh.
That applies to pretty much every topic if you're a white, middle aged, middle class man.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Traditional feminism won. Women for all intents and purposes have achieved equality.

What remains is mostly a loathsome militant brand full of angry lesbians intent on domination.

• Haha

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
........ What remains is mostly a loathsome militant brand full of angry lesbians intent on domination.

HAHAHAHA…. that’s so funny and its reductive premise ensures women will always have grounds to feel aggrieved while on planet earth. Good one!

But there’s also an important debate going on between feminists and vocal members of the trans community. The question is on what basis do women’s right exist if the word ‘woman’ is meaningless – that is, as viewed through the feminist lens, if any man can self identify as a woman what does it mean to be a woman? A lot of feminists, especially the older 2nd wave or less woke feminists won’t wear it - men declaring themselves as women.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How do we feel about feminism?

utterly comfortable.

I had to google if I was allowed, but yes, I am on the feminist spectrum.

I must, however, admit to being entirely morally confounded, when the Randwick Womens Pool recently declared a genital re-alignment entry requirement for entry as a trans-woman.

Imagine the poor signwriter when the committee were describing what they were after?

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Thoughts?
I have no time for radical feminists, but I have plenty of time for womens rights.
I honestly believe that the world would be a better, safer place if more women had more political power.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I have no time for radical feminists, but I have plenty of time for womens rights.
I honestly believe that the world would be a better, safer place if more women had more political power.

yeah, Maggie Thatcher was certainly a peace loving pacifist

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Of course, all your opinions are honest and genuine and mine are false and troll-y