Finals tickets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Finals tickets

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I reckon we should all give Ticketek the flick and we all head down to RFC reception and get Cotch to print us a few tickets each?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah I remember the fun we had last year getting tickets

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I tried logging on this morning to reserve seats for this Sundays game. I couldnt log on due to the Alice Cooper tickets going on sale. If it cant handle that, how is it suppose to handle 4 finals games.

One can only conclude that they don't give a s**t.

I will believe that they are staggering the sale of different finals when I see it, Ticketek are stupid and I have seen no evidence they will stop being stupid.

Mr T, I can well sympathise with your monkey: I had 2 browsers and the app on my phone going at once and got nowhere as the site melted down. I seemed to be in a mixed section in the stratosphere at last year's PF, yeah, not pleasant.

I still reckon remove some seats and have more standing room for really big finals. Look at the size of the stands in the 1970s, smaller stands yet more people. You could get some extra standing room with a much lower density than the old days (yeah, it was really packed and somewhat ridiculous) and I reckon add a good 5,000 to 10,000 to the capacity.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sam McClure said on his show last night that Brisbane is likely to get the thursday night final in week 1. i don't know if he has inside knowledge or now, but its good news if true.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I tried logging on this morning to reserve seats for this Sundays game. I couldnt log on due to the Alice Cooper tickets going on sale. If it cant handle that, how is it suppose to handle 4 finals games.
Suggest Alice Cooper play at the G on Sunday;)

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
thoughts on Brisbane? How many Tigers plan on going? how many tickets will the AFL allocate to us?
Just had a look at some numbers - Brisbane have 28,000 members (how many of them have gameday rights isn’t clear) and the Gabba holds 42,000. Probably not as many corporates in Queensland as there would be in Victoria (they’re probably at NRL finals) so you would think we’d be allocated at least 10,000, maybe even 15,000. I reckon this should be enough for those Richmond members who are able to travel for it. Hope so anyway, as my wife and I have already shelled out on expensive flights on the presumption we’ll be able to get in!

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Just had a look at some numbers - Brisbane have 28,000 members (how many of them have gameday rights isn’t clear) and the Gabba holds 42,000. Probably not as many corporates in Queensland as there would be in Victoria (they’re probably at NRL finals) so you would think we’d be allocated at least 10,000, maybe even 15,000. I reckon this should be enough for those Richmond members who are able to travel for it. Hope so anyway, as my wife and I have already shelled out on expensive flights on the presumption we’ll be able to get in!

according to the link below, there are 35,000 public seats in a 42,000 stadium.

a reasonable amount of lions fans would live in VIC as well, so they might only have 20,000 members up north. I would also think our game was deliberately scheduled for saturday so the Tiger army can head up for it to ensure a sellout. I'd be very disappointed if we aren't allocated a third of those 35,000 seats.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
This coincides with the last round of the NRL H&A, and in any event their NRL side plays interstate that week, while the Gabba is not used for rugby league.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

I think we have around 4 or 5K members based in QLD. Whether they are entitled to finals tickets will remain to be seen

Why don't we get 50% allocation in the members pre sale?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think we do - competing clubs have the same allocation of tickets

incorrect. the AFL choose the allocation based on what they think suits the best. Its usually 50/50 when 2 VIC teams play at the MCG, but when its 2 teams from different states playing... may I refer you to the Prelim against GWS in 2017? But what the AFL think suits Brisbane v Richmond best is anyone's guess. If I had to guess, I would say maybe we'd get 30%?

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
This coincides with the last round of the NRL H&A, and in any event their NRL side plays interstate that week, while the Gabba is not used for rugby league.

I more meant that companies up there were less likely to want to woo clients/reward employees at an AFL final than they would be in Victoria as it’s less of a big deal - the same way that I’m sure less people would be wined and dined at a Storm game in Victoria.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
may I refer you to the Prelim against GWS in 2017?
I doubt there was any Gee Whizz members missed out on a ticket that day. Gee Whizz probably made a small fortune on selling their allocation to Richmond members rather than getting stuck with a pile they couldn't have given away otherwise.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Will be logging in for 3 tickets. If I can’t get them with my member barcodes “Lions” will be getting typed into the box. ;)
Meow.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
according to the link below, there are 35,000 public seats in a 42,000 stadium.

I would also think our game was deliberately scheduled for saturday so the Tiger army can head up for it to ensure a sellout. I'd be very disappointed if we aren't allocated a third of those 35,000 seats.

Don't think so. Two previous games (Geelong - Saturday and Collingwood - Thursday) were virtual sell-outs at the Gabba. Those seats are going to go very quickly.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Don't think so. Two previous games (Geelong - Saturday and Collingwood - Thursday) were virtual sell-outs at the Gabba. Those seats are going to go very quickly.

I'm not sure how the Gabba works for h&a games, but I'm sure a lot of the stadium would be GA, compared to fully ticketed for finals.

I wonder if brisbane members might be offered 2 tix per barcode? wouldn't put it past the AFL to screw us.