Fixture | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fixture

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
No doubt there will be a bye before finals to allow extra time to get the GF back to the MCG. That will interrupt us horribly as we have a bye late in the season and a bye against Adelaide in the final round.

We should be very fresh for finals, notwithstanding our injuries, but other sides may well be more banged up than us by then, so a pre-finals bye will be a disadvantage to us.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
This draw is so good - we have no excuses now not to make top 4.

No extra travel to WA full stop.

Round 14. We play Eagles off a 5 day break (Eagles 4 day break) with both clubs flying into Qld

Round 15. We play Dockers off a 6 day break (Dockers 4 day break) and the Dockers flying from WA and we don’t travel.

Round 16. We play Geelong off a 9 day break (Cats 5 day break) neither team travels

Round 17. We play Adelaide with an extra 2 days break than them regardless of where it is played (we play Friday and Adelaide play Sunday in Qld).

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm struggling to see how not sending us to Perth fits with the anti-Richmond AFL agenda. There must be another card to play.

Perhaps the AFL will hire giant industrial fans and set them up at the ground to simulate the Fremantle Doctor?

Or petition the Queensland government to adjust the state time to align with AWST?

Would they go so far as to truck in sand directly from a Kalgoorlie quarry and have the ground resurfaced?

I hear you brother but anti-conspiracy theories don't go down well on this site

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Seems weird to move the WA teams to Cairns and have Freo play one game there and WC zero (Sydney and Melbourne two each).

Had expected at least one trip to Cairns which is twice as far as the trip to Sydney, so to get none is a great result.

Likely to have to travel to Adelaide for the last game but will probably have the extra week to recover.

Am presuming the AFL received favourable feedback from the clubs to keep cramming the games in. Not sure whether Richmond had any input into being one of the final two clubs to get the bye.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
Probably not Edwards as the final quarantine hub opens September 1. He would need to do his 14 days which rules out the game against Geelong on the 11th.
Thanks LTRTR. I knew there was another quarantine hub opening, but was unsure of the date. Fingers crossed all goes well for Shedda and Mrs Shedda and we get to see #10 weaving some finals magic.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Probably not Edwards as the final quarantine hub opens September 1. He would need to do his 14 days which rules out the game against Geelong on the 11th.
If he can get up there by Tuesday he could play the R15 game against Freo. He could move into Bachar's old room, just hose it down first.