Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

it's a term that's been handed around a lot at times -
but currently the AFL, the AFL Media and the AFL Umpires are ( imo ) officially a CIRCUS.
the ripple effect this is having on the game is huge.
I kinda hate it.

Reactions: 1 user
They must be sick of us winning all the time.
Take it us a compliment

Reactions: 1 users
Just a laugh. Who cares?
Other clubs cop it too.
Will make the premiership sweeter.
Enjoy being hated.

Can anyone explain why there has been no media coverage on Bailey’s sniping blind side high hit on Marlion? Or Mathieson’s blatant late and deliberate front on high contact on Short? No mention of why these incidents weren’t referred to by MRO?

No? Nothing? Says it all really.

Reactions: 7 users
Gale needs to do something now View attachment 12266

Wow, that is really low behaviour from the main broadcaster. You don't single out one team for ridicule.

Maybe we should remind them of how we get them ratings and tell them to shove their coverage. Or maybe Richo needs to say something about this since he works for them.

What a circus this is becoming, that sort of tweet is very reflective of the mess the game is currently in - low crowds, confused players, incompetent umpiring, boring games such as Port/Collingwood, did I mention small crowds.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, that is really low behaviour from the main broadcaster. You don't single out one team for ridicule.

Maybe we should remind them of how we get them ratings and tell them to shove their coverage. Or maybe Richo needs to say something about this since he works for them.

What a circus this is becoming, that sort of tweet is very reflective of the mess the game is currently in - low crowds, confused players, incompetent umpiring, boring games such as Port/Collingwood, did I mention small crowds.

DS
It's unprofessional and total lack of respect for one of the competitions clubs and back to back premier.

If anyone calls in to Cornholios show, make sure to call him a Shock Jock, he really hates that and triggers easily

Reactions: 1 user

DS
They aren't turning up because its a fken mess
The grounds are half empty but you need to book a ticket 5 days before the game.
The prices now are a joke. $40 bucks extra to get seat that use to be no more then $10 bucks extra 2 years ago.
Why isn't the AFL expecting that this group of umpires are the worse in 40 years?
3 games in 10 rounds they have played a part in the result.
What happens if that deliberate or tackle isn't paid in a knock out final?
People aren't turning up because it isn't the game they grew up to love.
Hocking single handling has destroyed the fabric of the game.
666, means nothing, scoring is the same.
No bumping, but we have more concussions then 10 years ago.
Stand the mark, i reckon thats the one people have had a enough of.
If weren't so good it would be all over for me

Reactions: 4 users
Obviously as a Tiger it’s easy to enjoy the Pies conundrum, however just came across a J Ralph retweeded article on Twitter , as always “sources” say , these “ journos” are pathetic, they just make stuff up for click bait , not giving a rats rectum what damage they do. Ralph, Robbo and Barrett are an absolute embarrassment with there *smile* weak vendettas they have on certain people . I have an unhealthy zero respect for these parasites.

Don't read or listen to the football media. Far too many talking heads spouting nonsense in the past so I just switched off.
I get all my footy news (the good, the bad and the fascinating) from PRE and only PRE.
I recommend changing to this if the footy scribes are bothering you.

Reactions: 5 users
Wondering what time Mick Warner finds his AFL accreditation cancelled. ... if it hasn't already happened! ?
Has a book coming out on Wednesday titled "The Boys Club"... !
Vlad and his shifty ways, with his equally shiffty mates apparently at the forefront. ... surprise surprise!

Btw... I like the publisher he's chosen. ... Hatchette!

Reactions: 2 users