Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I saw it too, he's just up and about 'cause Brisvagas are winning and looking the goods at the moment. He said he didn't think much of our performance and Lyon said "well, they didn't win did they"?. Like most, we have tipped their world on their heads and, still after 3 very strong years, they can't quite get their heads around the fact we are not "also rans". Will we win the premiership this year, I don't know, but if we make finals, anything can happen and we have the experience to make something happen. What made me laugh also, he said "have you ever seen a team nail their recruiting as well as St Kilda have"? Well.......deeeeeeerrrrr, remember Richmond 2016/2017? The media just say what ever is in their heads and have no thought of what they have said in the past. They are currently fawning all over WC, before it was "they are in a hole, how are they going to get out"? How on earth does he afford WC the chance to click and not any other team? Like I said they just say what ever comes into their heads.

This was perfectly set up for Wc.
The premier might not be helping the rest of the country, but he has defiantly helped Wc.
Its the AFL fault too. They played 5 games at the hub, so 5 games back at home is enough.
If they don't at least get 2 games away in the next block.
The AFL has fallen for the sooking of Simpson.

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
This was perfectly set up for Wc.
The premier might not be helping the rest of the country, but he has defiantly helped Wc.
Its the AFL fault too. They played 5 games at the hub, so 5 games back at home is enough.
If they don't at least get 2 games away in the next block.
The AFL has fallen for the sooking of Simpson.
I have a feeling we play them in QLD, but who knows the AFL might not want us to get the "public perceived leg up" by not leaving QLD. After all, our record at Metricon and the Gabba is almost as good as the"G".

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
I saw it too, he's just up and about 'cause Brisvagas are winning and looking the goods at the moment. He said he didn't think much of our performance and Lyon said "well, they didn't win did they"?. Like most, we have tipped their world on their heads and, still after 3 very strong years, they can't quite get their heads around the fact we are not "also rans". Will we win the premiership this year? I don't know, but if we make finals, anything can happen and we have the experience to make something happen. What made me laugh also, he said "have you ever seen a team nail their recruiting as well as St Kilda have"? Well.......deeeeeeerrrrr, remember Richmond 2016/2017? The media just say what ever is in their heads and have no thought of what they have said in the past. They are currently fawning all over WC, before it was "they are in a hole, how are they going to get out"? How on earth does he afford WC the chance to click and not any other team? Like I said they just say what ever comes into their heads. Also they are carrying on about how good GWS were, woulda. coulda, shoulda, I know, but we would have beaten them by 3-4 goals had we had kicked straight, we smashed 'em in the second, late third and fourth quarters.
Once I heard them start on this I turned it off
Couldn’t listen to Brown’s analysis. How did Garthwaite play this week.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Once I heard them start on this I turned it off
Couldn’t listen to Brown’s analysis. How did Garthwaite play this week.
Brown also showed some crap examples of Charlie Dixon taking marks that weren't paid to him, which in my book were not even close to being marks, yet didn't say anything about Chol's grab that wasn't paid, which he actually controlled, unlike Dixon, nor the chop of the arms that made him spill.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
funny how quickly the "experts" have forgotten who's been the best side during the last 3 years

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Loved Brown as a player but he is turning out to be rubbish as a media analyst despite his good guy persona.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
funny how quickly the "experts" have forgotten who's been the best side during the last 3 years
3 years? They change their mind every 3 hours. Just go which ever way the breeze is blowing.

They were talking about Melbourne as if they were the worst team since Fitzroy when we beat them 3 weeks ago. Now they are all in raptures over Oliver, Petracca etc and how dangerous they are as a team. West Coast were no hopers 3 weeks ago now they're premiership favourites and Nic Nat is the best thing since Polly Farmer. The Saints were hounded after giving up a 6 goal lead to Freo but now they are the most exciting team in the league and no one in the history of the game has recruited better in an off season. EVER.

Bunch of absolute plonkers the lot of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
He was one of many that wanted port to sign up Hinkley now.
Port are one of the most flimsy football clubs in the comp.
They just got over the line against Carlton (Carlton are useless).
And they still have 4-5 games they can drop.
It will make my year if they found a way to capitulate again.
Fingers crossed.

They haven't beaten anyone yet, thier draw will get much harder from now.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They got WCE at a great time.

We could've had them 4 weeks ago when they were losing every week.
Im spewing they changed that game.
That wouldve forced freo to travel to play us too.
Now it looks more likely Hocking will make us play freo and WC in the last block of games.
Knowing hocking we play WC round 17 at optus.
Put your house on it.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
We could've had them 4 weeks ago when they were losing every week.
Im spewing they changed that game.
That wouldve forced freo to travel to play us too.
Now it looks more likely Hocking will make us play freo and WC in the last block of games.
Knowing hocking we play WC round 17 at optus.
Put your house on it.
That's fine we'll have our players back by then.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That's fine we'll have our players back by then.

Won't make a difference WC's tail is up now, tooooo late.
Beating them 4 weeks ago and not worrying about them till the finals would've been the better outcome.
Beating once is hard enough, beating them twice in a month especially in Perth will be nearly impossible.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Won't make a difference WC's tail is up now, tooooo late.
Beating them 4 weeks ago and not worrying about them till the finals would've been the better outcome.
Beating once is hard enough, beating them twice in a month especially in Perth will be nearly impossible.
I look at it as the chance to knock the #VicBias movement on the head once & for all this yr. If anyone can do it it's us. They may have thier tails up but injuries/form will as ever be a factor between now & the business end of the yr.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Taunting is friken stupid so I'm with Leigh on that. It looks stupid and will encourage kids to do the same thing.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Taunting is friken stupid so I'm with Leigh on that. It looks stupid and will encourage kids to do the same thing.

Taunting is fine as long as your ok with a punch to the head.
Would Papley ever survived doing what he did in the 80's or even in the 90's?.
The only thing Papley would remember would be the color of the sky.. After lying back on a stretcher.