Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
She’d reported on a meeting that Wallace had with the players and claimed tha certain things were said. Richo’s contention was that he was at the meeting and nothing like what she claimed had been said was. As expected Wilson blustered and cited her ‘source’. When asked by Richo to name the source, she wouldn’t and Richo said that she needed to check her source, because she was being told lies.

There were two other players at the club that wanted to sue her for totally and utterly fabricating what she reported on as being their roles, and what they supposedly did, in the lead up to Wallace's sacking. It just simply never happened. Worse, she was told directly about this by the club, and also the players that she named and yet she refused to retract her made up story or even apologise.

It's been since then that she has generally been off limits to anyone at the club.

People have to understand there's a MASSIVE ego with Wilson. Huge.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Jack just trolled Karen Cornes a beauty. Tweeted Karen’s article from 2016 when he said trading pick 6 for Prestia would be a mistake! Take that Karen u whinny little biatch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Robbo has 8, yes 8, Demons in his mid season AA team.

Salem, Gawn, May, Langdon, Petracca, Oliver, McDonald, Lever. He seems to have made his team selection based on CD rankings though....

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
A
Robbo has 8, yes 8, Demons in his mid season AA team.

Salem, Gawn, May, Langdon, Petracca, Oliver, McDonald, Lever. He seems to have made his team selection based on CD rankings though....
And not a single player from the team that’s won 3 of the last 4 flags.
Remember when our players weren’t getting nominated because the reason given was that players had to be consistent over a couple of years? ( even the the AA is based on that year’s performances). That excuse seems to have gone out the window.
PS: I know it’s only blobbo’s opinion

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
And not a single player from the team that’s won 3 of the last 4 flags.
Remember when our players weren’t getting nominated because the reason given was that players had to be consistent over a couple of years? ( even the the AA is based on that year’s performances). That excuse seems to have gone out the window.
PS: I know it’s only blobbo’s opinion
I'd struggle to say anyone from Richmond is having an AA season so far. Maybe Dusty on the strength of his big games, but he's had a few quiet ones. Baker at a stretch. Nank is a warhorse but he's not Gawn.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd struggle to say anyone from Richmond is having an AA season so far. Maybe Dusty on the strength of his big games, but he's had a few quiet ones. Baker at a stretch. Nank is a warhorse but he's not Gawn.

Exactly. Nank, maybe Jack R but he's been up and down a bit too. Baker? No-one else I can think of right now.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Agree.
I still don't understand the angst people get when one of ours doesn't make a list or a squad.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
yeah, agree with May, Lever, Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, MacDonald as well.
McDonald should in no way be regarded as an AA this year. Picked as a forward and is 17th on the list for goals kicked.

Most of us would say Jack would probably not be in the squad but not far off and he has scored the 5th most goals which is 10 more (50% more) than McDonald.

I agree with the others and I'd probably include Langdon in there. He's potentially the best wingman in the game along with McCluggage.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
McDonald should in no way be regarded as an AA this year. Picked as a forward and is 17th on the list for goals kicked.

Most of us would say Jack would probably not be in the squad but not far off and he has scored the 5th most goals which is 10 more (50% more) than McDonald.

I agree with the others and I'd probably include Langdon in there. He's potentially the best wingman in the game along with McCluggage.

fair point on MacD posh.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Any wonder why lots of us think the world of AFL journalism has gone to *smile*!
Foxfooty. ....:rolleyes:

TIGERS COULD CONSIDER SWAP — BUT IT CAN’T BE ‘UNFAIR’

Triple premiership Tiger says his teammates would consider the prospect of moving the club’s bye forward one week to help limit travel ahead of upcoming games, but believes the players would like “freedom” to move around.

In the wake of the recent COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne, Richmond players last week had to fly to Sydney at short notice to prepare for their Round 11 game against the Giants, which was moved from the MCG to Giants Stadium.

Since their win over the Giants on Sunday, the Tigers have remained in Sydney with plans to fly to Perth on Friday ahead of Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash against Essendon, which was also shifted from the MCG to Optus Stadium.

The Tigers are then scheduled to have a bye in Round 13 before travelling back to Perth for a Thursday night game against West Coast at Optus Stadium.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Any wonder why lots of us think the world of AFL journalism has gone to *smile*!
Foxfooty. ....:rolleyes:

TIGERS COULD CONSIDER SWAP — BUT IT CAN’T BE ‘UNFAIR’

Triple premiership Tiger says his teammates would consider the prospect of moving the club’s bye forward one week to help limit travel ahead of upcoming games, but believes the players would like “freedom” to move around.

In the wake of the recent COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne, Richmond players last week had to fly to Sydney at short notice to prepare for their Round 11 game against the Giants, which was moved from the MCG to Giants Stadium.

Since their win over the Giants on Sunday, the Tigers have remained in Sydney with plans to fly to Perth on Friday ahead of Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash against Essendon, which was also shifted from the MCG to Optus Stadium.

The Tigers are then scheduled to have a bye in Round 13 before travelling back to Perth for a Thursday night game against West Coast at Optus Stadium.
No wonder we are getting so many injuries. We’re doubling up our games on the weekends. The players must be knackered.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users