Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Assuming Jack does go in ‘22 I’m sure we can work a scenario where we keep all 3. Jack MAY get less games (on a lesser contract?), MAY have to play 3rd string.

Anyway, CJ has played the ONE good game so far, let’s see how it pans out for the remaining games this season.
I think CJ could be being fattened up for market

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Healy said that?
Obviously an insult to the Rutten/Caracella revived Bummers not us. Healy even threatened by that after his 2nd favourite team gave up a 5 goal lead? Clearly he hates anything that flows from our success, even twice removed.
Did he say how his fave, NicNat, went against the Bummers reserve ruckman - journeyman Phillips? :rotfl2

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Yep, and two premierships later he's already paid for himself. Good deal even if he retired tomorrow.

Happy to be corrected if untrue, but I believe that his salary would still be included in our cap for his whole contract even if he retired tomorrow. I think it's a unrestricted free agency thing.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Obviously an insult to the Rutten/Caracella revived Bummers not us. Healy even threatened by that after his 2nd favourite team gave up a 5 goal lead? Clearly he hates anything that flows from our success, even twice removed.
Did he say how his fave, NicNat, went against the Bummers reserve ruckman - journeyman Phillips? :rotfl2
Not saying the Bummers weren't good, but Wet Coke were down two, from mid second quarter, coulda had something to do with the Bummers winning

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Happy to be corrected if untrue, but I believe that his salary would still be included in our cap for his whole contract even if he retired tomorrow. I think it's a unrestricted free agency thing.

You could be right Muscles, I'm not seriously suggesting he should retire now.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Thought the commentary on Sundays game was very good. Maybe keep that team together.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

Generally the club and any player considering early retirement would negotiate a payout of the existing contract. This would then change the amount payable and this new amount would have to be included in the salary cap. This happened when Rance retired early

All depends on what is included in the terms of the current contract

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hah hah hah Wilson reckons Bumwood might have a crack at Hardwick. Ffs. The bloke just signed a contract extension for a few years.

This is what makes her a really *smile* journo. Her entire career she’s thrown opinionated rubbish like that out there, trying to pass it off as a fact or possibility.

The most overrated media rep in the AFL. Constantly making rubbish up. Constantly.
What stories has she actually broken that have come to fruition? She just writes about topics no one is really much invested in and are almost always difficult to verify. You just have to trust her 'source'.

Who in the AFL world would really want to be feeding her info? I guarantee you she has no inside word at the tigers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Generally the club and any player considering early retirement would negotiate a payout of the existing contract. This would then change the amount payable and this new amount would have to be included in the salary cap. This happened when Rance retired early

All depends on what is included in the terms of the current contract
I think TTS is right. It's a clause put into FA deals after the Buddy 10year deal. Stop clubs offering super long term deals to entice players to them.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What stories has she actually broken that have come to fruition? She just writes about topics no one is really much invested in and are almost always difficult to verify. You just have to trust her 'source'.

Who in the AFL world would really want to be feeding her info? I guarantee you she has no inside word at the tigers.
I think she used to, but it dried up long ago. Loved the day on FC that Richo basically called her a liar to her face.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I think she used to, but it dried up long ago. Loved the day on FC that Richo basically called her a liar to her face.
Ive heard a bit about this over the years but can't recall the interview. What was she saying that make richo react like that. Would take a bit to get the great man riled up.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I know the point of this thread is to *smile* about how unfairly the media treats us, but Access All Areas (Barrett and Lloydy) has some very nice discussion of Adelaide Richmond game, Jack's mark, Zombie etc etc.

Yes, was going to say same reply, but just unsure of the segment's title. Unusual for Parrot though. He will be searching around for more negative dirt on us next week, especially if Bummers happen to get another win.
But atm, is Caro or Corndog our biggest meeja 'pain in the arse'?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Ive heard a bit about this over the years but can't recall the interview. What was she saying that make richo react like that. Would take a bit to get the great man riled up.
She’d reported on a meeting that Wallace had with the players and claimed tha certain things were said. Richo’s contention was that he was at the meeting and nothing like what she claimed had been said was. As expected Wilson blustered and cited her ‘source’. When asked by Richo to name the source, she wouldn’t and Richo said that she needed to check her source, because she was being told lies.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
She’d reported on a meeting that Wallace had with the players and claimed tha certain things were said. Richo’s contention was that he was at the meeting and nothing like what she claimed had been said was. As expected Wilson blustered and cited her ‘source’. When asked by Richo to name the source, she wouldn’t and Richo said that she needed to check her source, because she was being told lies.
haha. Go Richo!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Spot on. Have never understood why she's referenced as well as she is in the media. So much of her crap is just her own opinion or guesses on matters - which to give her credit - she then expertly delivers as being fact and making it sound like it comes from inside sources.

She often starts a sentence with "It's my understanding that...." but she never says "I was speaking to XXX..." or "I asked XXXX this question and he/she said..." and that's because she simply doesn't have any sources. Nobody wants to speak to her. It's just her, her opinion and piecing things together in her own mind, often to fit a particular narrative that she wants to run with.

Richmond cant stand her. She's been persona non grata there for years because of her concocted rubbish. Nobody talks to her in any off camera or discrete fashion. Anything you hear from her trying to convey some sort of inside perspective on things at Richmond certainly hasn't come from anyone inside the club, and is therefore most often just her guessing again, or at best, coming from some distant and unreliable source not worth a pinch of *smile*.

Give her credit, she's a great personal-brand magician.