Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lloyd actually (for once) said the sensible thing in that he wasn’t prepared to comment on Ross and Membrey going home without knowing the family situation and all the facts.

1623753728820.jpeg

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Brown: that kick didn't go 15
N Riewoldt: nah, it didn't
Lyon: the kick didn't go 15, but that's alright.

WTF am I missing here? It's ok to completely stooge Richmond but apologies all round it it's another team?

They should change the name of this show to On The Nose.

A fitting description of footy in 2021

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wow. Caroline Wilson being absolutely smashed by all and sundry today by her media brethren. Be interesting to hear her defence on FC tomorrow.
Massive hypocrite
Wasn't she away in Holland for the birth of her daughter's baby.
What she said was bulllshit
The *smile* Kornes Agreed but he had no idea.
Lloyd virtually told her its got nothing to do with football.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wow. Caroline Wilson being absolutely smashed by all and sundry today by her media brethren. Be interesting to hear her defence on FC tomorrow.
Imagine if a bloke said what she said '*smile* your family and stay and play football'

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I don’t watch FC, but I read the article in the Age. Isn’t Caro just reporting what people at St Kilda are saying/feeling about Ross and Membrey?
She hasn’t said that it’s her view has she?
Have St Kilda refuted her claim?

I’m no big fan of Caro, but it seems there’s a bit of shooting the messenger going on here.
Or has something else happened that I’ve missed?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I feel sorry for Caro as bashing her has become a sport. She wouldn't get treated anywhere near as badly if she were male, of that I'm 100% certain.
I have no doubt she does get things from people and doesn't just sit behind her keyboard saying "what will I make up today?" You need more than one source usually to print something controversial, or you have to be able to verify the facts the source has said. I don't doubt for a second she does this.
But she's screwed up here. St Kilda maybe *smile* this year, and realising the season is lost, giving permission to go home as a consequence. There might be dissent at such a decision, hence the leak. But you have to ask what will happen to the "victim" or "accused" if you do print, and ask if it's reasonable to do so. Clearly she's failed the last part of that test.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Just checked the Saints homepage, no statement. Considering Caro said she'd been fed this from someone on the AFL exec as well as club officials, you'd think the Saints would come out and kill it early declaring their 100% support of the players.

A few scenarios as I see it:

1. She was fed info deliberately to publish. Saints not saying anything gives that some weight.
2. This is her opinion and but she's hiding behind "sources".

And finally what I think has really happened...

3. Karen Cornes was bragging before the show that no one in AFL media can cause outrage like he can just by what he says. Caro told him to hold her beer.... Karen was so impressed he agreed with Caro on the show.
Caro always gives her opinion and then claims it as fact, all while claiming non existent sources.

She was never going to win this PR battle and in doubling down threw up a smoke screen about Ross not being at stkilda next year.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I feel sorry for Caro as bashing her has become a sport. She wouldn't get treated anywhere near as badly if she were male, of that I'm 100% certain.
I have no doubt she does get things from people and doesn't just sit behind her keyboard saying "what will I make up today?" You need more than one source usually to print something controversial, or you have to be able to verify the facts the source has said. I don't doubt for a second she does this.
But she's screwed up here. St Kilda maybe *smile* this year, and realising the season is lost, giving permission to go home as a consequence. There might be dissent at such a decision, hence the leak. But you have to ask what will happen to the "victim" or "accused" if you do print, and ask if it's reasonable to do so. Clearly she's failed the last part of that test.

Not sure that is correct. Barrett and Robbo cop it far worse than Caro

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Not sure that is correct. Barrett and Robbo cop it far worse than Caro
No one has ever said, on air, that they'd like to drown Barrett or Robbo. No one has ever stuck their faces to a mannequin. Look back at the comments of some people here already.
I strongly doubt if Dennis Commetti or Gary Lyon said, "gee your clubs going *smile*, don't you think you should be starting and fighting it out with your mates" people would be carrying on like this. It's because she said it.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Caro is out of line on this one. Richmond gave Shane Edwards half the season off and it could've cost top four and a flag. And St.Kilda let Carlisle out of playing in a knockout final. The club can say no this time and they've got two disgruntled players on the field. St.Kilda were supposed to play at Marvel and there needs to be a bit of give and take in the circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Serial campaigner, Karen Cornesnob, continued his RFC baiting again on FC tonight, blatantly encouraging other clubs to go after our unsigned players, especially Shai. He claimed that they really had to throw a truckload at him, twice saying (words to the effect of) just like we have ripped out players from other clubs like GCS.

This knob is really getting under my skin. Where does he think PA's Dixon, Allir, Fantasia, McKenzie et al have come from? Free Agency and draft/trading rules created by AFLCorp are open slather for every club and heaps of players move or are enticed to move. Thus BEllis, Markov and Higgins have moved to GCS/StK.

This guy needs a kicking (verbally, of course). Just a bitter and biased fool. (Also posted on SHocking thread).
From the outside we appear to have a pretty good relationship with Gold Coast.

Never mind that we have the fewest acquisitions from other clubs. We should have a crack at Rozee to give him something to cry about.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Serial campaigner, Karen Cornesnob, continued his RFC baiting again on FC tonight, blatantly encouraging other clubs to go after our unsigned players, especially Shai. He claimed that they really had to throw a truckload at him, twice saying (words to the effect of) just like we have ripped out players from other clubs like GCS.

This knob is really getting under my skin. Where does he think PA's Dixon, Allir, Fantasia, McKenzie et al have come from? Free Agency and draft/trading rules created by AFLCorp are open slather for every club and heaps of players move or are enticed to move. Thus BEllis, Markov and Higgins have moved to GCS/StK.

This guy needs a kicking (verbally, of course). Just a bitter and biased fool. (Also posted on SHocking thread).
A real kicking is fine by me as well.

• Haha

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
If I recall correctly didn’t Caroline Wilson miss a few footy classified shows earlier this year to see her daughter in Amsterdam who had just had a child.
I know it is different circumstances but I thought she might be more sympathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
From the outside we appear to have a pretty good relationship with Gold Coast.

Never mind that we have the fewest acquisitions from other clubs. We should have a crack at Rozee to give him something to cry about.
Is that true L2 regarding the acquisitions from other clubs.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Just watching the replay of Open Mike with Mark Jackson.

Forgot what an absolute nut case that bloke is. Or at least pretends to be.

A lot of people have a jacko story, Back in the day when Footballers worked ,

A mate who was chippee was working on a house and Jacko was up on the roof, roof tiling in speedos , swearing at the top of his voice , and pissing while up there straight off the side of the roof .

A neigbor rang the police and they called out and had to have a word to him to quiet down ,

the craziness was real :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Is that true L2 regarding the acquisitions from other clubs.

17 Carlton, St.Kilda
16 Hawthorn
14 Essendon
13 Gold Coast
12 North Melbourne, West Coast
11 Brisbane, Geelong
10 Port Adelaide
9 Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
8 Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS, Sydney
7 Fremantle
6 Richmond (including Parker)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
18 St.Kilda
17 Carlton
16 Hawthorn
14 Essendon
13 Gold Coast, North Melbourne
12 West Coast
11 Brisbane, Geelong
10 Port Adelaide
9 Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
8 Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS, Sydney
7 Fremantle
6 Richmond (including Parker)
Where do you get this info? Its remarkable.