Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
18 St.Kilda
17 Carlton
16 Hawthorn
14 Essendon
13 Gold Coast, North Melbourne
12 West Coast
11 Brisbane, Geelong
10 Port Adelaide
9 Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
8 Adelaide, Collingwood, GWS, Sydney
7 Fremantle
6 Richmond (including Parker)
Can that fact be forwarded onto cornflakes? I’m sure he’s done his homework though

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watching the replay of Open Mike with Mark Jackson.

Forgot what an absolute nut case that bloke is. Or at least pretends to be.
Half of the stuff he said was true.
Sheehan is a grub.
The AFL has destroyed the game and we all love.
And clubs continually recruit athletes in front of true footballers.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
classic example of really *smile* commentary .......

2nd quarter Redden pinning the ball on Graham.

James Brayshaw in his stupid Sportsbet Ad inflection, goes 'Redden being repeatedly punched in the head'

when he clearly wasn't, in real time.

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
classic example of really *smile* commentary .......

2nd quarter Redden pinning the ball on Graham.

James Brayshaw in his stupid Sportsbet Ad inflection, goes 'Redden being repeatedly punched in the head'

when he clearly wasn't, in real time.
jeez he's bad. and that's not even his worst call.
remember in the 2019 GF his call of Cotchin's game defining tackle on Mumford? You wouldn't see a better tackle on a big bloke.
and Brayshaw's view was that Mumford "decapitated" Cotch.
what a windbag. I dunno how he gets a gig. jobs for the boys

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
17 Carlton, St.Kilda
16 Hawthorn
14 Essendon
13 Gold Coast
12 North Melbourne, West Coast
11 Brisbane, Geelong
10 Port Adelaide
7 Fremantle
I remember when we used to be laughed and mocked for being a team of re-treads. How the worm has turned.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
17 Carlton, St.Kilda
st Kilda v Carlton match:

Roberton Carlisle Frawley
Hill Howard Hannebery
Long* Kent Jones
Butler Mckernan Wood
Hunter Membrey Higgins
Ryder
Steele
Crouch

Docherty Jones Newman
Saad Plowman Marchbank
Curnow Kennedy Newnes
Setterfield McGovern Martin
Betts McDonald Fogarty
Pittonet
Williams
Boyd*

Theres 2 list managers who need new jobs.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Massive hypocrite
Wasn't she away in Holland for the birth of her daughter's baby.
What she said was bulllshit
The *smile* Kornes Agreed but he had no idea.
Lloyd virtually told her its got nothing to do with football.
Caro was indeed. Interesting that visiting your granddaughter is a permitted reason to leave Australia. On the CV thread people are panned for going to funerals overseas. Unless of course Holland is on the OK to visit list.
But I always wondered even in earlier years a person whose only source of work is football coverage would choose to take time off mid season and that her employers agreed.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Caro was indeed. Interesting that visiting your granddaughter is a permitted reason to leave Australia. On the CV thread people are panned for going to funerals overseas. Unless of course Holland is on the OK to visit list.
But I always wondered even in earlier years a person whose only source of work is football coverage would choose to take time off mid season and that her employers agreed.
Caro had an unwritten rule as I understand it, from the Age.

She was not allowed to write about the games themselves. As a "she" it was determined she'd lack credibility writing about on field action. So her remit was to cover issues about the clubs, AFL etc. You can afford to not write stories about that mid-season for a couple of weeks. And if something was about to break, others (like Ro-co) could pick it up.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Thats the bit exactly.
Its ok for a football journo to scatter mid season every year when 99% of your income comes from the sport.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just watching the replay of Open Mike with Mark Jackson.

Forgot what an absolute nut case that bloke is. Or at least pretends to be.
We know Jacko had an issue with Sheahan but he was just a knob during this interview.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
st Kilda v Carlton match:

Roberton Carlisle Frawley
Hill Howard Hannebery
Long* Kent Jones
Butler Mckernan Wood
Hunter Membrey Higgins
Ryder
Steele
Crouch

Docherty Jones Newman
Saad Plowman Marchbank
Curnow Kennedy Newnes
Setterfield McGovern Martin
Betts McDonald Fogarty
Pittonet
Williams
Boyd*

Theres 2 list managers who need new jobs.

Compare that to our 6.

Caddy, Houli, Lynch, Nankervis, Prestia and Parker.

Our recruiting has been amazingly targeted, every one of those (bar Parker who wasn't directly traded) has been a huge part of our 3 premierships.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
17 Carlton, St.Kilda
16 Hawthorn
14 Essendon
13 Gold Coast
12 North Melbourne, West Coast
11 Brisbane, Geelong
10 Port Adelaide
7 Fremantle
Nice to see that most of those teams with a *smile* load of imports / rejects / leftovers from other clubs are travelling really well this season

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I was also staggered by this & still am, most of them don't work during the off season & still take leave mid season....

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
What chance do you think she refuses to acknowledge her poor position on the matter and sticks with her view ?

She rarely apologises for getting anything wrong, and she gets a lot wrong. So I’m not expecting she’ll pivot. Maybe but not her nature, usually.
Spot on, she doubled down on FC and then had the hide to play the victim for the backlash? Unbelievable.

She said senior figures at the club tried to convince them to play and were not happy they didn't play. Name them or admit you made it up. She invoked players, sponsors and fans as having a right to be upset??

I've always struggled to respect her pieces but she has plunged to new lows for mine.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
No one has ever said, on air, that they'd like to drown Barrett or Robbo. No one has ever stuck their faces to a mannequin. Look back at the comments of some people here already.
I strongly doubt if Dennis Commetti or Gary Lyon said, "gee your clubs going *smile*, don't you think you should be starting and fighting it out with your mates" people would be carrying on like this. It's because she said it.
I wouldn't suggest Sam Newman is the voice of the people. he's a relic from another era. But you mustn't follow much social media if you think Caro cops more than anyone? Gary Lyon cops more abuse than almost anyone in the media. And blobbo and kermit get smashed. Look at the fun being made of kermit on here for his lack of sporting ability and nerdy persona.

Caro opens herself up to criticism with too many unsubstantiated statements. "Sources"?