Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I know we’ve done this to death, but the brain to mouth connection with this imbecile is clearly severed. “103,000 members….where were the 90,000 that didn’t attend last night” :bash :bash
I listened for 5 minutes but turned off. I did hear a caller who called in and said according to actual attendances we are No.1 in 2021. About 40,000 clear of Essendon. And then he went back over previous years and in 2015 guess where we were - No. 1. In 2016, despite not making the finals we finished 2nd on the attendance register. Cornes ignored the facts and said but where were they last night. And the week before?

I assume Cornes must have failed the written test for the firies as his comprehension skills are non-existent.

He talks about broadening debate, but essentially he makes trash calls that he knows will enrage. I don't listen anymore, I'd rather tune in to stuff that is genuinely thought not anger provoking. SEN has lost me, used to have it on on car, at work etc but other than Off the Bench and sometimes crunch time I get nothing out of it.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Any self respecting Richmond person should not listen to Karen. Absolute disgraceful example of a footy “journalist”. I’ve turned off any media that is silly enough to employ him, SEN, Footy Classified and their social medias.

Reactions: 7 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the "7AFL" Facey page yesterday went with a story that the Swans game at Geelong had a bigger crowd that the Richmond game on Thursday night. Then it was shred in many of the AFL groups I am part of.

It was basically a back handed slap at Richmond fans. They were too lazy point out the fact that:
  • It wasn’t our home game.
  • Tix went on sale 9 hours before the first bounce.
  • It was the worst night of the week to attend footy (Thursday night).
Bloody hell the media love giving it to us at every opportunity.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I just say I'm bored of the success and have taken up darts

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Any self respecting Richmond person should not listen to Karen. Absolute disgraceful example of a footy “journalist”. I’ve turned off any media that is silly enough to employ him, SEN, Footy Classified and their social medias.
Are you telling me hes still in the media ? Gee whilikers

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Footy classified opening with the question
“Is there tension behind the scenes at Richmond”

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Caro speculating. Sounds as though the club has shut her out.
Last yr she was begging for Balmey to go to the hub in QLD, i wouldn't mind betting he'd have been her source of info. i'd personally be shutting all media out if i ran the Club. The Club has it's own media dept. i'd be getting them to publish a heap of content for the fans.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Last yr she was begging for Balmey to go to the hub in QLD, i wouldn't mind betting he'd have been her source of info. i'd personally be shutting all media out if i ran the Club. The Club has it's own media dept. i'd be getting them to publish a heap of content for the fans.
There's a difference between independent media and a club's media. Club media is nothing more than PR and often a distorted representation of reality. Think puff-pieces, rainbows, and an 'everything we do is awesome' approach.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There's a difference between independent media and a club's media. Club media is nothing more than PR and often a distorted representation of reality. Think puff-pieces, rainbows, and an 'everything we do is awesome' approach.

Spot on BB.

Caro is not everyone's cup of tea and that's fine, but its pretty clear not everything is rosy at
PRO this year. Is her mail right? I dunno but at least she's asking the question.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Does Caroline Wilson ever shut up on that show ? Constantly….and I mean constantly….interrupting and talking over the top of others. Clearly considers her train of thought, and her opinions and statements, are more important than everyone else’s.

Really bad habit that’s ***** annoying.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep. She was just hammering on about her article back in January that Hardwick has tainted himself with the affair, and how she obviously got it right.
Hardwick left his wife in January, Richmond are performing badly in June.

1+1= 17!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Classic Wheelbarrow WIlson last night, and why I cant have her.

Three times she said last night that she "has no idea" if Hardwick's split with Danielle was behind our drop off this year. But that didn't stop her from bringing it up and speculating that it may have, and then referring to her opinion piece back in January.

She also referred to this vague "people inside the club were upset" statement again, something for which she's never actually said who, or why. Again, typical Wilson modus operandi. Always with the vague "people" and "my sources" and "I believe that..."

Wilson at her finest last night: pure personal speculation with little or no substance and trying to pass it off as fact. She's nothing more than a polished bs artist.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Surprised it has taken Wilson this long to ask that question.

Our drop in form could only be because of the coaches marriage breakdown and not due to an aging list, rule changes that undermined our game plan or the historical trend of dynasty teams dropping away around the 4-5 year mark.

No need to consider anything other than the coaches personal life.