Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

This issue about his kicking has reached nonsensical levels.

Like Sin said, his kicking attracted way less attention (if any) when he was at GWS and now that he's with us it's suddenly he's the worst kick in the league because Kanye Cornes said so? And King saying that he just concentrate on handballing is just as bonkers.

Yes he needs to tidy it up but the hyperbole around his kicking is reaching all time levels of insanity.
Say it enough times etc, perception is reality etc
Like Jack Ross’ kicking

Reactions: 1 user
One of the worst things in recent times is the advent of the AFL's own media arm shaping outcomes through opinion based propaganda to suit their agendas. No way on the planet I'd ever pay for it if they start charging for content which no doubt is their endgame.
Or espousing the great success of “Gather Around”. Or how successful their rule changes are. Not many analytical voices or alternate views mainstream.

Reactions: 2 users
This is a very small thing but the media not doing homework is one thing that grinds my gears

The AFL site has a summary of AFL listed players performances in the lower leagues every weekend. For the last 2 weeks the stats on Jacob Bauer have been listed and followed by something like " but he failed to kick a goal".

A small bit of homework would show that he has played the last 2 matches in the backline. It is really not that hard.

Reactions: 9 users
Or espousing the great success of “Gather Around”. Or how successful their rule changes are. Not many analytical voices or alternate views mainstream.
Saw a thing about Gather Round on the Alf website today. They want all clubs to have specially designed jumpers for it next year. FFS!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
This is a very small thing but the media not doing homework is one thing that grinds my gears

The AFL site has a summary of AFL listed players performances in the lower leagues every weekend. For the last 2 weeks the stats on Jacob Bauer have been listed and followed by something like " but he failed to kick a goal".

A small bit of homework would show that he has played the last 2 matches in the backline. It is really not that hard.
Yes, but I'm still wondering why he has suddenly been swung down back - when Lynch is out long-term and Jack is either struggling or needs resting.

Anyone know what the thinking is? Simply due to VFL injuries to Biggie et al? Surely we need to be preparing Bauer to step up and have a crack at being JR's replacement. And Miller can play down back usually too.

Yes, but I'm still wondering why he has suddenly been swung down back - when Lynch is out long-term and Jack is either struggling or needs resting.

Anyone know what the thinking is? Simply due to VFL injuries to Biggie et al? Surely we need to be preparing Bauer to step up and have a crack at being JR's replacement. And Miller can play down back usually too.
Don’t know why now Leon but I think I am right in saying he was a back who was only moved forward in the last year or so before we picked him

The media are still d!cks. They click bait tiger players, tiger game plans, tiger lists for a reason.
We matter.
We provide a suitable enemy.
The last 10 years has been really hard on these d!cks because they hate our success.
We are still relevant.
Embrace it.

What a loathsome piece of sh#25t Barrett is. Here’s a man that wears many hats; the biased, opinionated voice of the AFL on their website who is paid to defend and justify the obvious failures of the AFL.

Then he pops up on a variety of football shows pushing he’s agenda of a so-called football expert who doesn’t even hide his contempt for the RFC and all of its recent achievements. A man with the personality of a pot-plant who is cringe worthy and whose opinions are not only wrong. They are an embarrassment.

It’s very convenient and certainly deliberate, that the AFL would employ such an amiable and accommodating lapdog as him.

One of the biggest problems encountered in AFL football today are the AFL apologists masquerading as journalists on the AFL payroll. One would hope a new and transparent CEO would drain the current media cesspool and engage voices that talk intelligently about football and the games without letting their egos and biases getting in the way of impartial and sensible discussions about the game we love, and the AFL administration. Who should never be above criticism.
Cannot have any media employed by AFL no matter how “intelligent” or unbiased they may appear to be. Need to take our chances with the commercial media and ABC.

Cannot have any media employed by AFL no matter how “intelligent” or unbiased they may appear to be. Need to take our chances with the commercial media and ABC.
The AFL does have its own media department but so do most professional sporting organisations.
Cricket Australia has one as an example
I am not sure there is anything wrong with that is there?
A lot of the puff pieces on the website are their work.

The AFL does have its own media department but so do most professional sporting organisations.
Cricket Australia has one as an example
I am not sure there is anything wrong with that is there?
A lot of the puff pieces on the website are their work.
Was responding to Tigerdangerous who doesn’t like current AFL media journals but seemed to want them replaced by journos with more integrity. My view is that a journo with a high priority on integrity would never work for the entity they report on.

Reactions: 2 users
Parrot this morning saying we should get rid of tackling in footy.
I wouldn't normally pay attention but given he's an AFL mouthpiece pushing the corporate line it has me genuinely worried that there's something in it.

Lawsuits have the AFL shitting themselves & it's changing our game.

My interest in basketball & soccer grows.

I wouldn't normally pay attention but given he's an AFL mouthpiece pushing the corporate line it has me genuinely worried that there's something in it.

If they continue down this path, then it will take the contact out of the game. That’ll be it’s death knell.

Reactions: 3 users
KMac would be an instant superstar of the game. Can't bump, can't tackle, KMac b complete zen master of the technique of flap n shove would totally dominate the comp.

My interest in female mud wrestling grows as my interest in AFL dips

Lost my interest in NBL when Melbourne Tigers got shafted but way AFL is heading might be time to head back to the NBL

People will listen to that and laugh. But I've been saying for a while major major changes are coming. I don't know how long it will take. But right now, players generally trying to play the game as it's always been played, combined with media hysteria and total confusion or worse from the games powers, and the reality of lawsuits and actual long term physical damage that is done to some.....it's untenable.