Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

These same media scumbags will start to criticise player behaviors as tackles are broken or they start to pull out of marking contests.

We're already starting to see it happen.

Reactions: 5 users
Yes, but I'm still wondering why he has suddenly been swung down back - when Lynch is out long-term and Jack is either struggling or needs resting.

Anyone know what the thinking is? Simply due to VFL injuries to Biggie et al? Surely we need to be preparing Bauer to step up and have a crack at being JR's replacement. And Miller can play down back usually too.
He went back before Lynch got injured.
I would guess they are doing what they think is best for a young kid, rather than changing the plan due to senior injuries.

I guess he moves back forward soon, and the move back was to get him more ball, and perhaps teach him a thing or 2.

Mr Holier than Though *smile* Whately on AFL 360 has so much to say re suspensions like he is the font of all knowledge..... Then goes and makes the statement re sling tackles that Broady only got 3 match suspension. What a total flog this bloke is.... Jack was there so very sad he did not correct the idiot.

Reactions: 9 users
Mr Holier than Though *smile* Whately on AFL 360 has so much to say re suspensions like he is the font of all knowledge..... Then goes and makes the statement re sling tackles that Broady only got 3 match suspension. What a total flog this bloke is.... Jack was there so very sad he did not correct the idiot.
Guy *smile* me to tears. He’s such a frail and hysterical man when it comes to any discussion about the physical side of things. He likes football…but struggles with the physical element of it.

I nearly threw up listening to him re Jack Riewoldt getting stitches. What, he’s never heard of a footballer getting stitches before ? He doesn’t know what’s involved ? It’s not a big deal Gerard. Obviously he’s never had stitches before.

Last edited:
Guy *smile* me to tears. He’s such a frail and hysterical man when it comes to any discussion about the physical side of things. He likes football…but struggles with the physical element of it.

I nearly threw up listening to him re Jack Riewoldt getting stitches. What, he’s never heard of a footballer getting stitches before ? He doesn’t know what’s involved ? Obviously he’s never had stitches before.
Wimpy Whateley.

Whately is very selective with his anger and opinion.
But let's gave it, why would you call out players from irrelevant clubs.

Reactions: 1 user
Eddie Betts was on 360 last night *I like Eddie, (There's not many i like that have never played for us)
He mentioned the disappointment of losing the 17 flag and the rematch the following year was going to be "pay back'.
Josh Jenkins kick 5 goals and Eddie had a good game too and both got stuck into Rance 'Your a shiit defender etc"
Rance turned around and said but 'I'm the one with the medal'
Both Eddie and Jenkins were devastated with that response.
It dosent matter, we could lose to Adelaide for the next 20 yrs, it will never be better than the flag.
They should be upset at Pkye
P.s Pinoccio sat there in silence Screenshot_20230420_074539_Messenger.jpg

Whately has risen in the ratings, this will mainly be because this is the first survey of the footy season after coming in from the cricket season:

Screenshot_2023-04-20-14-21-49-89_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

I nearly threw up listening to him re Jack Riewoldt getting stitches. What, he’s never heard of a footballer getting stitches before ? He doesn’t know what’s involved ? It’s not a big deal Gerard. Obviously he’s never had stitches before.
And yet he was all "you can't suspend blokes for that" a few years ago when Fyfe and Gablett put their elbows through opponents' noses. And of course the Stagerfraud forearm that knocked out Vlastuin was okey-dokey.

Reactions: 8 users
More to do with the fact that I think he may well be right about his kicking.
Whilst his kicking can certainly improve, Cripps & Wines (who is going at 37% kicking eff) are getting zero attention at all. This is where it has become a narrative. I don't mind them calling out players for poor kicking etc but be consistent across the board.

He goes dead silent when a Geelong player does something, like Stagers "studs up". It's like that never happened.

Reactions: 1 users
He goes dead silent when a Geelong player does something, like Stagers "studs up". It's like that never happened.
The story dosent exist when he is on.
I'm not sure what the producers of the show are doing, Is Whateley running the show?
Isn't the kid Bert Newton had on good morning Melbourne Belvedere?? Producing the show??
Anything bad about Geelong is erased. He showed the Bolton incident but the 6 studs in the face absolutely Zero and the hands In the eyes incident.
Not sure why that wasn't looked at.

The story dosent exist when he is on.
I'm not sure what the producers of the show are doing, Is Whateley running the show?
Isn't the kid Bert Newton had on good morning Melbourne Belvedere?? Producing the show??
Anything bad about Geelong is erased. He showed the Bolton incident but the 6 studs in the face absolutely Zero and the hands In the eyes incident.
Not sure why that wasn't looked at.
Poor old Gerald he was obviously bullied by a grade prep Tiger supporter when he was in year 6. The poor ( pathetic) darling has never quite got over it.

Reactions: 1 users

He's a total pussy is what you're trying to say.

good article here on the state of the AFL media in general, focusing on Cornes in particular. Cornes has admitted in the past that he's only after controversy/clicks.
So why feed the troll?

Quote:
"...we’re giving him exactly what he and his bosses want. We get all wound up by any one of his dozen daily gripes. We send him narky tweets. His comments are reported word for word by every news outlet. He drives the news agenda every week. By even focusing on Cornes here, I’m part of the problem. ..."

Turn him off

Reactions: 6 users
good article here on the state of the AFL media in general, focusing on Cornes in particular. Cornes has admitted in the past that he's only after controversy/clicks.
So why feed the troll?

Quote:
"...we’re giving him exactly what he and his bosses want. We get all wound up by any one of his dozen daily gripes. We send him narky tweets. His comments are reported word for word by every news outlet. He drives the news agenda every week. By even focusing on Cornes here, I’m part of the problem. ..."

Turn him off

I won’t listen to him, won’t follow any FB pages he’s affiliated with ie SEN or Footy classified. But he still permeates my world via the AFL app and him getting repeated through various sources. I just wish his 15 minutes were up.

Reactions: 3 users