Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I won’t listen to him, won’t follow any FB pages he’s affiliated with ie SEN or Footy classified. But he still permeates my world via the AFL app and him getting repeated through various sources. I just wish his 15 minutes were up.
I'm the same. I even went so far as blocking his thread on here. Need to cut the oxygen off.

Reactions: 1 user
Eidi

Likely with Aboriginal symbols.
The suggestion of Gather round jumpers is commercial crap but what’s with your post?

If the ALF make clubs do it what’s the problem with having First Nations designs?

Last edited:
Not sure what "eldi" is.

I'm saying what I heard in radio today.
Next season teams will likely have different jumpers in Gather Round.

A unique design with Aboriginal symbols included in all jumpers.

?

What's the problem?

The radio also said its an attempt by AFL to get their large debt back after no crowds during covid lockdowns.

Tha game as I see it is struggling anyway and is becoming a farce.

Saw a thing about Gather Round on the Alf website today. They want all clubs to have specially designed jumpers for it next year. FFS!
”Gather Round” was brought in for no other reason than to make money. I guess the next logical step is to make as much money as they can by milking loyal supporters

Reactions: 3 users
The radio also said its an attempt by AFL to get their large debt back after no crowds during covid lockdowns.
AFL didn't cop anywhere near the financial hit they were pretending was gunna happen then they kept reaming the clubs so they could pay the debt back within a couple of years rather than longer term.
AFLHQ got rivers of cash they can spend whenever, wherever the want yet insist on dumbing the entire comp down to the lowest common denominator so that they can keep everybody comfortably numb. Nil interest whatsoever in pushing to achieve excellence.

Reactions: 2 users
Just opened the Hun website and saw a big picture of Richo crying.....gave me a f*cking heart attack.

What's this story about him and Smokey Dawson??

Interesting that the largest sport in the land by a fair margin couldn’t handle a few months of no revenue without accumulating significant debt. Makes you wonder just how much the expansion clubs are really costing the league.

Reactions: 2 users

This is all a false narrative as their actual accounts show.

This is from their 2023 annual report.

Net Financing Income / (Expense), is now actually lower than it was pre-Covid indicating that their Cash / Debt levels are actually better than they were pre-covid. Yes their debt is probably up (you can see that in Total Liabilities) but their Total Assets have gone up by more, hence why net assets are significantly higher than they were pre-covid.

Whilst the clubs have struggled, and continued to have restrictions put on their soft cap spending, the AFL are making $$$$$$. There are some metrics here that are overvalued, they received $88m as a grant from the State govt for the Marvel upgrade, which is reported in Net Profit and that will also be impacting their cash balances (and therefore total assets) but even allowing for that, the AFL are basically in the same position as they were pre-covid, but still restricing the clubs ability to spend on their soft cap.
BTW if they want to look at somewhere to reduce their debt levels, maybe take a look at the constantly increasing costs of AFL Operating Expenses. These aren't the clubs btw as the Payments to clubs is shown below that, so essentially the AFL expenses are more than $50m more than what they pay the clubs for the salary cap / soft cap. What a joke of an organisation to have that much cost tied up in "Head Office" and not in the actual sporting group.

1682306433747.png

Reactions: 5 users
AFL didn't cop anywhere near the financial hit they were pretending was gunna happen then they kept reaming the clubs so they could pay the debt back within a couple of years rather than longer term.
AFLHQ got rivers of cash they can spend whenever, wherever the want yet insist on dumbing the entire comp down to the lowest common denominator so that they can keep everybody comfortably numb. Nil interest whatsoever in pushing to achieve excellence.
THIS!!!

Must say Daisy Pearce was painful last night. Generally don’t mind her. Kept going on about Rioli’s tackle on Brayshaw was a bump and not a tackle so not a free. He clearly had his arms around him and brought him to the ground.

Must say Daisy Pearce was painful last night. Generally don’t mind her. Kept going on about Rioli’s tackle on Brayshaw was a bump and not a tackle so not a free. He clearly had his arms around him and brought him to the ground.
Agree. Did you notice how many times Ham with Richo kept repeating to her that it's Daisy Thomas who will go into the Richmond rooms?

Last edited:
Every other commentator is allowed to be biased towards their team, but not Richo. Loved him as a player, but as a commentator he’s awful.

Reactions: 5 users
Good summary about our season from Figgy on SEN this morning with Wimpy asking him the question and expecting worst than he heard.

Well done Figgy.

Reactions: 1 users
Good summary about our season from Figgy on SEN this morning with Wimpy asking him the question and expecting worst than he heard.

Well done Figgy.
I heard it. Was ok but think he sometimes takes the softer approach when talking about teams, coaches and players. Gives it to the AFL, umpiring, MRO etc but goes light on the clubs and their performances. Doesn’t want to upset them, maybe for fear of severing potential opportunities down the track ?

I heard it. Was ok but think he sometimes takes the softer approach when talking about teams, coaches and players. Gives it to the AFL, umpiring, MRO etc but goes light on the clubs and their performances. Doesn’t want to upset them.
Yeah, maybe selling himself again, but I agree what he said about us. Good or bad.

Just heard Wimpy mention Shai again but missed what he said.