Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

The club leaving Drew to defend his position for a week in the media was very bad. It was obvious the decision was made. If the club respected Dew they would have spoken to him the next morning and informed him.
I agree with that Baloo. Evans should have come out earlier - and with a more general statement rather than such a defensive one (as mealy mouthed as that would have been) - but at least it would have left Dew with a stronger sense of the trade winds blowing and he wouldn't have fired himself up as much as he did. I thought he was silly doing that anyway.

On the subject of Evans, I'm not sure he has performed up to expectations since going to GC years ago either.

Reactions: 1 user
Those on here and other media outlets look silly questioning and knocking Caroline Wilson's sources now.

Reactions: 3 users
Her promoting an obvious outcome as some news breaking story whilst covering her arse if it doesn't actually happen is certainly deja vu, that's for sure.

"It's my belief that Stuart Dew will be sacked"....hah hah hah. Wow ! I am shocked.

FFS. Reckon punters on PRE have been saying that for 2 years .....and even that Dimma will probably end up there as well. Big deal.

So you claimed everyone knew six weeks ago, when you learn that she's been saying it since 2022 you move the goalposts back a year with no evidence.

I've been saying it for ages but Caro gave me the heads-up last year :)

Anyway, it's always hilarious when someone gets bagged out for an prediction and then it comes true the very next day.

So you claimed everyone knew six weeks ago, when you learn that she's been saying it since 2022 you move the goalposts back a year with no evidence.

I've been saying it for ages but Caro gave me the heads-up last year :)

Anyway, it's always hilarious when someone gets bagged out for an prediction and then it comes true the very next day.
Geez do I have to spray you and your gross naivety with Mortein again Aggrieved Hymenoptera ? Seriously, how long do think the football public have thought that Dew has been under the pump ? You think its only been the last few weeks do you..... and that otherwise, Caroline Wilson is some magnificent prophet for suggesting the possibility that he might get sacked in 2022 ? C'mon. Please. Ridiculous.

You said you don't really follow Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified. Maybe you should. That's one of her main outlets nowadays and is always a great showcase of her now standard modus operandi which, I must say others use as well (e.g. Sam McClure one of her proteges). But she's the best at it.

But anyway, I'll save you the pain of watching that show by giving you a futuristic example which, I "believe" could occur ie. I reserve the right to be wrong but still sort of not be wrong. (But definitely correct if it happens.)

CH: We start tonight's show with breaking news coming out of Richmond regarding their search for a coach to replace Damien Hardwick. Our very own Caroline Wilson has the story.

CW: Yes, thanks Craig. That's right. As we sit here tonight its my firm belief that Andrew McQualter is under serious consideration for the job as Head Coach of the Richmond Football Club and that really, it's his job to lose.

CH: Wow. So you think they'll make an announcement soon then ?

CW: I'm not sure Craig, but its my understanding it's his job to lose.

CH: Lloydy.....you've got an opinion on clubs appointing interim coaches into the role permanently.

ML: Huh ? Did someone say something ? How's my hair looking ?

Roll forward a few weeks when Justin Leppitsch (or someone else) has been appointed.

CH: Caro, you said Andrew McQualter had the job at Richmond. What went wrong ?

CW: No Craig. I never said that Andrew McQualter had the job at Richmond, I said he was under serious consideration and it was his job to lose. And I still believe that was right at the time. But it's my understanding that Justin Leppitsch wowed the selection committee with his presentation and between that and his experience both with Richmond and as a past senior coach, Richmond ended up moving in the Leppitsch direction.

CH: Lloydy...what do you think of the appointment ?

ML: What appointment ?

Of course if McQualter does get the job, then insert glowing plaudits after the appointment on the show instead e.g. CH: You were on the money again Caro !

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Geez do I have to spray you and your gross naivety with Mortein again Aggrieved Hymenoptera ? Seriously, how long do think the football public have thought that Dew has been under the pump ? You think its only been the last few weeks do you..... and that otherwise, Caroline Wilson is some magnificent prophet for suggesting the possibility that he might get sacked in 2022 ? C'mon. Please. Ridiculous.

You said you don't really follow Caroline Wilson on Footy Classified. Maybe you should. That's one of her main outlets nowadays and is always a great showcase of her now standard modus operandi which, I must say others use as well (e.g. Sam McClure one of her proteges). But she's the best at it.

But anyway, I'll save you the pain of watching that show by giving you a futuristic example which, I "believe" could occur ie. I reserve the right to be wrong but still sort of not be wrong. But definitely correct if it happens.

CH: We start tonight's show with breaking news coming out of Richmond regarding their search for a coach to replace Damien Hardwick. Our very own Caroline Wilson has the story.

CW: Yes, thanks Craig. That's right. As we sit here tonight its my firm belief that Andrew McQualter is under serious consideration for the job as Head Coach of the Richmond Football Club and that really, it's his job to lose.

CH: Lloydy.....you've got an opinion on clubs appointing interim coaches into the role permanently.

Roll forward a few weeks when Justin Leppitsch (or someone else) has been appointed.

CW: No Craig. I never said that Andrew McQualter had the job at Richmond, I said he was under serious consideration and it was his job to lose. And I still believe that was right at the time. But it's my understanding that Justin Leppitsch wowed the selection committee with his presentation and between that and his experience both with Richmond and as a past senior coach, Richmond ended up moving in the Leppitsch direction.

Of course if McQualter does get the job, then insert glowing plaudits after the appointment on the show instead e.g. CW: You were on the money again Caro !

Sounds like the show still follows a tight formula. Someone will always mirror how people are feeling at home no matter how wrong the view is. When A says one thing, then it's B's job to say the opposite. They all play a role to create the appearance of balanced debate, and like in the example above, they know how to work together to achieve that goal.

I'd say the "agendas" are not coming from the individuals though, as those agendas are built into the formula and will be adopted by whomever sits in their seat.

Sounds like the show still follows a tight formula. Someone will always mirror how people are feeling at home no matter how wrong the view is. When A says one thing, then it's B's job to say the opposite. They all play a role to create the appearance of balanced debate, and like in the example above, they know how to work together to achieve that goal.

I'd say the "agendas" are not coming from the individuals though, as those agendas are built into the formula and will be adopted by whomever sits in their seat.
Yep, it's all on the run sheet. I laugh everytime Caro and Cornhole overtalk each other.

But anyway, I'll save you the pain of watching that show by giving you a futuristic example which, I "believe" could occur ie. I reserve the right to be wrong but still sort of not be wrong. (But definitely correct if it happens.)

Of course if McQualter does get the job, then insert glowing plaudits after the appointment on the show instead e.g. CH: You were on the money again Caro !

Look, if you have feel it's necessary to overengineer your case by hundreds of words, throw in a few "you must be so naive"s and then invent a fictitious script for an episode of TV that I don't watch or care about then I'm pretty secure in my position on the issue relative to wherever it is you sit Redders.

• Haha

Outside of the ad break you need to put right in the middle that was pretty good.

Caro right again, just like she was on Clarko/Hawks, Essendon/Hird and a million other things. Like most journos with networks she doesn't get everything right, like the Cripps (?) thing recently, but she mostly does.

Really don't understand the hate she gets on here.
Think she worked for the French resistance before hand.

Look, if you have feel it's necessary to overengineer your case by hundreds of words, throw in a few "you must be so naive"s and then invent a fictitious script for an episode of TV that I don't watch or care about then I'm pretty secure in my position on the issue relative to wherever it is you sit Redders.
Look, if I need to make it simpler for you then AA, did you believe Dew was a good chance to get the flick 6 weeks ago or even last year ?

Of course you did.

I think Red must be a script writer for the show.
I met Hutchy once Miles. To be honest, he wasn’t that bad a guy. At least when I met him. It was at a Richmond pub. He was buying beers for everyone at the bar, having a bet. Cracked a few funny quips. He’s a very very wealthy man that guy.

Look, if I need to make it simpler for you then AA, did you believe Dew was a good chance to get the flick 6 weeks ago or even last year ?

Of course you did.

Oh Dew has been on the edge since last year when the execs wanted to flick him but senior players backed him as Caro reported last year.

But then all the punters on the street knew all about that right? Even though you only woke up to Caro's take on it 6 weeks ago?

If I'm still not getting what good journalism is maybe you can write a fake episode of The Front Bar to help me out. Always enjoy your takes Redford.

Anyone hear the nutcase Anthony call into Sammy Edmund on SEN re: Bailey Smith rumour of going to the Pussies?

He raised his voice arguing with Sam about where they got this news, and then called later as Dylan with a lower voice tone apologising for his mate Anthony. It was the same idiot.:mhihi

Anyone hear the nutcase Anthony call into Sammy Edmund on SEN re: Bailey Smith rumour of going to the Pussies?

He raised his voice arguing with Sam about where they got this news, and then called later as Dylan with a lower voice tone apologising for his mate Anthony. It was the same idiot.:mhihi
Regardless, something’s going on with Bailey Smith.