Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Caro right again, just like she was on Clarko/Hawks, Essendon/Hird and a million other things. Like most journos with networks she doesn't get everything right, like the Cripps (?) thing recently, but she mostly does.

Really don't understand the hate she gets on here.

Reactions: 5 users
Apparently someone at the Suns apologised for being the leak. Or something like that was said on FC last night.
She clarified this on Real Footy podcast - she's talked to many people at the the club over the past year. Slobbo (I think) stated that someone (the leak) had apologised to Dew - she says this is wrong, and I believe her, given that the vibe is from many sources, not one.

Like she said on the cast, Dew complained that she hadn't talked to him but he would have been the last to know.

Now watch Dimma step in for next year - she'll be right about that too.

Caro right again, just like she was on Clarko/Hawks, Essendon/Hird and a million other things. Like most journos with networks she doesn't get everything right, like the Cripps (?) thing recently, but she mostly does.

Really don't understand the hate she gets on here.
Calling an exageration on that. Like anybody didn't know that Dew was going to get the sack 6 weeks ago ! Please.

"It's my belief that Dew will get sacked" is hardly groundbreaking given the entire country already thought the same thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Calling an exageration on that. Like anybody didn't know that Dew was going to get the sack 6 weeks ago ! Please.

"It's my belief that Dew will get sacked" is hardly groundbreaking given the entire country already thought the same thing.

Except she called it last year and nominated even then that Dimma would be the likely successor. Dew was in the frame to be sacked last year but senior players stood by him, which in hindsight was an error but maybe lined it up with a potential Dimma take-over next season. She has good contacts in that club, as she does in many.

Of course the Caro haters will say "if she predicts it for long enough it will eventually happen" but she's known about this and called for much more than the last six weeks.

She's not everyone's cup of tea but this time you have to take your hat off to her.

Reactions: 2 users
Except she called it last year and nominated even then that Dimma would be the likely successor. Dew was in the frame to be sacked last year but senior players stood by him, which in hindsight was an error but maybe lined it up with a potential Dimma take-over next season. She has good contacts in that club, as she does in many.

Of course the Caro haters will say "if she predicts it for long enough it will eventually happen" but she's known about this and called for much more than the last six weeks.

She's not everyone's cup of tea but this time you have to take your hat off to her.
She didn't call anything last year. You are being sucked in by her modus-operandi like a lot of people are.

Dew's had question marks about him from all and sundry for the last 2 years. Big deal if she says "Its my belief that Dew will get sacked" be it this year or last year. It's a looooong way off from actually saying that he WILL be sacked. Geez. Anyone can play that game.

Another of her favourites is "It's my understanding...." as opposed to making a direct statement about something that will happen. Completely disengenuous because when it doesnt actually happen she trots out the "I never said that...I just said it was my belief ....not that it was a certainty to happen" and people let her off the hook. But when it does actually happen, she is of course very happy to accept the plaudits.

Give her credit. She's crafty.

Reactions: 1 user
She didn't call anything last year. You are being sucked in by her modus-operandi like a lot of people are.

Dew's had question marks about him from all and sundry for the last 2 years. Big deal if she says "Its my belief that Dew will get sacked" be it this year or last year. It's a looooong way off from actually saying that he WILL be sacked. Geez. Anyone can play that game.

Another of her favourites is "It's my understanding...." as opposed to making a direct statement about something that will happen. Completely disengenuous because when it doesnt actually happen she trots out the "I never said that...I just said it was my belief ....not that it was a certainty to happen" and people let her off the hook. But when it does actually happen, she is of course very happy to accept the plaudits.

Give her credit. She's crafty.

Dude, I don't watch FC or any of that rubbish but I do listen to her on the RF podcast and yes, she did call it last year - she ain't Nostradumbass so yes of course she's careful how she phrases things. Nothing is certain in football or life and things can change a lot in a year.

I know it's hard for some to accept but she got it right, and not just six weeks ago. Just like she had the inside info on Clarko/Kennett and Dew/Suns. Credit where it is due Redders.

Now let's see if she's right about Dimma taking the Suns job.

She has a better hit rate than most other footy journalists.

Dude, I don't watch FC or any of that rubbish but I do listen to her on the RF podcast and yes, she did call it last year - she ain't Nostradumbass so yes of course she's careful how she phrases things. Nothing is certain in football or life and things can change a lot in a year.

I know it's hard for some to accept but she got it right, and not just six weeks ago. Just like she had the inside info on Clarko/Kennett and Dew/Suns. Credit where it is due Redders.

Now let's see if she's right about Dimma taking the Suns job.
I agree, she is smart. Very smart.

She's got about as much right as the average punter in the street has. Just that she passes it off as being some sort of special insight whilst covering her arse if its not correct.

Note: in typical Wilson fashion she has never said that Dimma will get the GC job. Just that she "believes" he is the front runner. Gee. No *smile*. You've been sucked in again Agitated Formicidae !

This reminds me of when she was first to go with the Clarke to leave Hawks story. Haters first blasted her for making things up and causing trouble. Next minute the same haters saying everyone knew and she didn't report anything that wasn't already known by everyone in the know.

She's got about as much right as the average punter in the street has. Just that she passes it off as being some sort of special insight whilst covering her arse if its not correct.

Note: in typical Wilson fashion she has never said that Dimma will get the GC job. Just that she "believes" he is the front runner. Gee. No *smile*. You've been sucked in again Agitated Formicidae !
All this 'well done Caro' stuff on the radio is like she's won an award. :mhihi

• Haha

yeah, really don't know too many average punters in the street that have called all the things she has but maybe you know a whole lot more punters than I do Red.

Sometimes people we don't like or agree with get it right.

This reminds me of when she was first to go with the Clarke to leave Hawks story. Haters first blasted her for making things up and causing trouble. Next minute the same haters saying everyone knew and she didn't report anything that wasn't already known by everyone in the know.

it's deja vu all over again

it's deja vu all over again
Her promoting an obvious outcome as some news breaking story whilst covering her arse if it doesn't actually happen is certainly deja vu, that's for sure.

"It's my belief that Stuart Dew will be sacked"....hah hah hah. Wow ! I am shocked.

FFS. Reckon punters on PRE have been saying that for 2 years .....and even that Dimma will probably end up there as well. Big deal.

Her promoting an obvious outcome as some news breaking story whilst covering her arse if it doesn't actually happen is certainly deja vu, that's for sure.

"It's my belief that Stuart Dew will be sacked"....hah hah hah. Wow ! I am shocked.

FFS. Reckon punters on PRE have been saying that for 2 years .....and even that Dimma will probably end up there as well. Big deal.

Odd, everyone knew but for the last week she's copped *smile* about going with it on FC when the club denied it.

Today she apparently said nothing that no one already knew.

So I guess the reason she copped *smile* has nothing to do with what she said, but more who she is? That makes more sense.

Odd, everyone knew but for the last week she's copped *smile* about going with it on FC when the club denied it.

Today she apparently said nothing that no one already knew.

So I guess the reason she copped *smile* has nothing to do with what she said, but more who she is? That makes more sense.
What is a club going to say ? "Yes...Caroline Wilson is right. We are sacking Stuart Dew in the next week or two."

Ah here we go...the ole "who the person is" argument. Weak. Weak response.

When she misses, she simply says it was right at the time.

Poor Aints. They play the coach-less Huns this week R18, and then the Clarko returned-lolnorf for R19.

What is a club going to say ? "Yes...Caroline Wilson is right. We are sacking Stuart Dew in the next week or two."

Ah here we go...the ole "who the person is" argument. Weak. Weak response.

The club leaving Drew to defend his position for a week in the media was very bad. It was obvious the decision was made. If the club respected Dew they would have spoken to him the next morning and informed him.