Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Couldn’t believe that for a few days after our game, some, SEN types, we’re trying to have the AFL look at ‘sin binning’ a player for acts like Nankervis bump.

The one that surprised me , was Dermie of all people.

“Look I would say I’m shocked, but I’m genuinely surprised” ….at this from him.

His hatred of the RFC continues.

What’s with him these days? He can’t rewrite history for the things he did by towing this ‘high and mighty’ position.
I’ve thought we should ‘sin bin’ players for knocking out oppo players for a fair while, so I have no problem with it. Probably wouldn’t have won this game, but on the other hand would the Cats have beaten us without Stewart last year after he cleaned up Dion?

Reactions: 1 user
Did either of them bring up Broad’s apology to the bloke he concussed this year, or the care we’ve shown when people have been injured on the field?
No, it's all forgotten. Now Scumwood are the pretty boys and the best at doing these things WE invented.

Never apologised to an opponent for anything and never expected an apology either.

I’m not sure why we expect that from any player. I’d suggest any apology would be a fake PR exercise and totally disingenuous, which is probably why Cornes is so big on it

Reactions: 3 users
Cornes at it again. Had a crack at Mcqualter for not apologising to Jake Lloyd during his press conference. Said we should have done what Stewart did when he hit Prestia and be on the front foot and apologised.

And then from the cheap seats old mate Barrett chimed in and said we are a club that doesn’t apologise. Referenced back to 2020 and when we were in the Hub.

Barrett is such a puppet to Cornes.

It's literally their job to get your attention... and they've even got you advertising their work for them on this forum.

That means they're doing a great job.

Reactions: 4 users
Cornes at it again. Had a crack at Mcqualter for not apologising to Jake Lloyd during his press conference. Said we should have done what Stewart did when he hit Prestia and be on the front foot and apologised.

And then from the cheap seats old mate Barrett chimed in and said we are a club that doesn’t apologise. Referenced back to 2020 and when we were in the Hub.

Barrett is such a cuck.

Reactions: 1 users
Who knows, Dew most likely will get the sack. But Wilson again is trying to create a story that isn’t there. Not yet anyway. She’s just passing off her suppositions again.
But she will eventually be right one day. Then she can gloat about how good her sources were because she's had the story out there for about five years.

I’ve thought we should ‘sin bin’ players for knocking out oppo players for a fair while, so I have no problem with it. Probably wouldn’t have won this game, but on the other hand would the Cats have beaten us without Stewart last year after he cleaned up Dion?
True Carn.

But, I thought, Nankervis did try to lower himself as he could have done more serious damage.

I understand he collected him high and we are endeavouring to protect the head.

Acts like DeG, Pickett ( Melb ), Stewart ( last year ), who else, would qualify for a rule” such as that.

In saying that though, our game is the only 360 degree game in the world and you are going to have collisions, a small majority of them would be framed, “accidental “ and you wouldn’t want to get it wrong and cost a team dearly.

If they were to introduce such a rule in the AFL, I would look at it in finals or a GF where stakes are at their highest…?

True Carn.

But, I thought, Nankervis did try to lower himself as he could have done more serious damage.

I understand he collected him high and we are endeavouring to protect the head.

Acts like DeG, Pickett ( Melb ), Stewart ( last year ), who else, would qualify for a rule” such as that.

In saying that though, our game is the only 360 degree game in the world and you are going to have collisions, a small majority of them would be framed, “accidental “ and you wouldn’t want to get it wrong and cost a team dearly.

If they were to introduce such a rule in the AFL, I would look at it in finals or a GF where stakes are at their highest…?
Dangerfield would have had to sit out the 2020 GF, if it had been in force. I don’t think a rule like that could be introduced for finals only. Kosi would have been okay, because his opponent wasn’t knocked out. Accidental doesn’t really come into it. You hit a guy high and knock him out, off you go.

So Barrett didn’t stick up for Nank?
“Great bloke” “uncharacteristic of him”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dangerfield would have had to sit out the 2020 GF, if it had been in force. I don’t think a rule like that could be introduced for finals only. Kosi would have been okay, because his opponent wasn’t knocked out. Accidental doesn’t really come into it. You hit a guy high and knock him out, off you go.
I mentioned finals & GF, as don’t the AFL have in place to stop incidents like we have seen in past GF , where a suspension is doubled???

That was my only reasoning.

The Haters are going to hate it, but Caro once again proves she was on the money with her info.

Reactions: 5 users
The Haters are going to hate it, but Caro once again proves she was on the money with her info.
I'm still amazed as to how this works through the media. How long did she have this news and how do whistleblowers take a risk in letting private info out? How do they even know it's gonna happen if the decision hasn't been confirmed until the final moment?

I'm still amazed as to how this works through the media. How long did she have this news and how do whistleblowers take a risk in letting private info out? How do they even know it's gonna happen if the decision hasn't been confirmed until the final moment?
Live on GC
Dew has been going for weeks
Clubs leak to Caro to support there agenda
It’s Hinkley or Hardwick
Hinkley had the early running until
Benny found out that Dimma met with Port after round 5
Interesting chess game this one