Footy Show | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Show

How the hell did the Footy Show last 30 years, it went about 25 years too long.

Reactions: 1 user
How the hell did the Footy Show last 30 years, it went about 25 years too long.
It was ok for the 1st 5 yrs after 2000 it was rubbish..
I didn't watch it and never went back to watch it when it was revamped with Hutchy as the host.
Like others have said it was ok but it was to predictable and repetitive

Yeah you're right, why would they call it "30 years of the grand final footy show" ?
30 years since the first grand final footy show. It was a special edition of The Sunday Footy Show which aired on the Thursday night ahead of the 1993 grand final.

Reactions: 1 user
It was ok for the 1st 5 yrs after 2000 it was rubbish..
I didn't watch it and never went back to watch it when it was revamped with Hutchy as the host.
Like others have said it was ok but it was to predictable and repetitive
In its heyday, The Footy Show was a juggernaut. At one point it was something like a five-year wait for tickets.

One reason for its downfall among many reasons I think was the expansion (or explosion?) of footy media coverage in general. It used to be the place for a lot of footy news not seen elsewhere, and where the public could really catch a glimpse of all the big names in a different light. They had all the big names.

Then of course a lot of what the show could get away with once upon a time under what was acceptable in the realms of comedy began to restrict by the year. Some of the antics no longer considered acceptable was well and truly fair enough and had no place, while other antics pushed the boundaries and remained up for debate.

The show didn't really stand a chance once the age of social media hit. Every player now had a platform, footy journos and news completely saturated the market, and any controversy the show drummed up was met with a very vocal public pile-on of epic proportions, which is always difficult to stop or recover from.

Reactions: 7 users
In its heyday, The Footy Show was a juggernaut. At one point it was something like a five-year wait for tickets.

One reason for its downfall among many reasons I think was the expansion (or explosion?) of footy media coverage in general. It used to be the place for a lot of footy news not seen elsewhere, and where the public could really catch a glimpse of all the big names in a different light. They had all the big names.

Then of course a lot of what the show could get away with once upon a time under what was acceptable in the realms of comedy began to restrict by the year. Some of the antics no longer considered acceptable was well and truly fair enough and had no place, while other antics pushed the boundaries and remained up for debate.

The show didn't really stand a chance once the age of social media hit. Every player now had a platform, footy journos and news completely saturated the market, and any controversy the show drummed up was met with a very vocal public pile-on of epic proportions, which is always difficult to stop or recover from.
Top round up
It started in an era where we would have to wait for the afternoon addition of the Hearld sun to see if there was any football news and if there was it was in red with 10 words.
It gave us breaking news on clubs and players.
All the other shitt wasnt ever funny and became very stale.
They never generated any change. It was the same crap from Brownless & Crawford.

Reactions: 1 users