Footy to Return | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy to Return

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Players been told footy will return on 24th July against the Pies . Games will not be in Melbourne . Players to be in “ hub” for 8 week blocks
First 2 week in quarantine of each block

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Players been told footy will return on 24th July against the Pies . Games will not be in Melbourne . Players to be in “ hub” for 8 week blocks
So on that reckoning we're away with the pies for the first 8weeks....
Obviously Bucks' request to be as close to Dimma has been granted!

Any further intel @Stig who else we're hooking up with?

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
So on that reckoning we're away with the pies for the first 8weeks....
Obviously Bucks' request to be as close to Dimma has been granted!

Any further intel @Stig who else we're hooking up with?
No idea although players ain’t thrilled about it

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

That seems like a real stupid idea. Must be straight from the office of the Director of Evolution

Surely the AFLPA will have a say in this is most players don't like the idea.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Can't see a hub working, see that article from Sports Illustrated in the Coronavirus thread. So many issues which are close to unresolveable.

They need to wait until the restrictions are reduced so that you can move around. Then they should only restart if there is some idea when crowds can return. Playing in front of empty stadiums was a novelty for one round but there has to be some idea of when crowds return for this to be viable.

Anyway, we'll see what the AFLPA says.

We will also likely see what happens with NRL and I suspect that will not work well, if at all.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Can't see a hub working, see that article from Sports Illustrated in the Coronavirus thread. So many issues which are close to unresolveable.

They need to wait until the restrictions are reduced so that you can move around. Then they should only restart if there is some idea when crowds can return. Playing in front of empty stadiums was a novelty for one round but there has to be some idea of when crowds return for this to be viable.

Anyway, we'll see what the AFLPA says.

We will also likely see what happens with NRL and I suspect that will not work well, if at all.

DS
They would require every player and official from every club to go into 14 days quarantine before they were allowed into the hub as the first step.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Wont happen.
July/August will be the peak of Cv in Australia.
The AFL are as desperate as the NRL to get games going, but they more chance just moving this season to be on Ps5.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
They would require every player and official from every club to go into 14 days quarantine before they were allowed into the hub as the first step.
even after quarantine there is social distancing and the limits of gatherings to 2 people to consider also.
I can't see this going ahead unless the AFL have got some sort of exemption, or they've been told the restrictions will be relaxed

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
even after quarantine there is social distancing and the limits of gatherings to 2 people to consider also.
I can't see this going ahead unless the AFL have got some sort of exemption, or they've been told the restrictions will be relaxed

The only thing "relaxed" is that muscle in their heads.
No flken chance.
America is losing 1000 people a day so is England.
There isn't a quick fix for this and sport should take a step back and shut the flk up.
Cam Smith is a legend not just in sport but as a person, why risk infection??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why the desperation to start?
*No crowd
*Away from family
*Playing away from home grounds
*No interest.

I think if they do end up playing games in quarantine stations around Australia it will come back and bite them on the ass.
People will be put off.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
What a load of BS.

If this Covid WORLD HEALTH CATASTROPHE business is so bloody dire and desperate that we cant go Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Kayaking, Wind Surfing or swimming alone in the middle of the bay which is a hundred times more isolated than 6 people standing near each other in a aisle in Coles, or only two customers in the Bakers Delight Shop how this stunt will be allowed is beyond me.

If they aren't playing footy till the end of July just forget about it till next year seriously FFS.!!!

I don't want tokenism, contrived games,contrived rules contrived changes just so they can keep the Corporate overlords happy, in fact I'm already over it to be truthful and am actually no longer interested in the footy coming back this year, if it aint the real thing I don't want it.

TV broadcasters pushing this they want their pound of flesh.

Just let it go and have a longer more equitable season next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
*No crowd
*Away from family
*No interest.

I think if they do end up playing games in quarantine stations around Australia it will come back and bite them on the ass.
People will be put off.

Agreed Zips.

I'm not interested in a faux token season.

I'm already tuned out.

Dont think the players will that excited by it either to be honest especially the elder statesman in the game with small infants and newborns.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
So, a November 28 GF then?

Collingwood cannot win Grand Finals in September and only win them under special circumstances (thanks Saint Failure for 2010).'

Therefore they will likely win any Grand Final out of September so its a HUUUUUUGGGEEEE NO from me :))

Last edited:

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
*No crowd
*Away from family
*No interest.

People will be put off.

TV contracts.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
That seems like a real stupid idea. Must be straight from the office of the Director of Evolution

Surely the AFLPA will have a say in this is most players don't like the idea.
Players aren’t particularly pleased . Especially ones with families and kids etc

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Exactly that’s what they have been told
14 days quarantine ‍♂️