Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Wasn't worried about that, went in so hard a couple of times thought someone would end up at Epworth.
I love the little I've seen of Martyn. Don't think it's coincidence he was selected for both past 2 games. Must be close to the top for selection of the youngsters.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Just for the record.

Once again we were on the losing end of frees.

Mudpies......31.....Tigers 24

And, that free to the lanky Yank by Chol was a disgrace. Another free in front of goal, and a goal of course.
When you get a *smile* free, a lucky free, a mistake free, that is NOT the time to give your oppo some lip. I don't mind Cox and what he has achieved in our game but someone needs to explain some cultural aspects.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I love the little I've seen of Martyn. Don't think it's coincidence he was selected for both past 2 games. Must be close to the top for selection of the youngsters.
Other then a few big stage nervous fumbles looks good, looks Skip hard at man and pill , the midfield “rebuild” looks promising with 3 really hard units

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I have been pondering who will be picked for the wings against Carlton, given Marlion seems to have been relegated and Caddy seems to be getting full game time (and playing well).

Which has made me wonder if Dimma has a plan to play all three of McIntosh, Caddy and Pickett. Given Houli is unlikely to play for at least the first month, depending on the opponent and time in the game the three will rotate together between the wings and back flank. We got a glimpse in the GF when McIntosh went back and steadied the ship, and we have seen that Marlion is quite assured in the backline - both on the ground and in the air.

Caddy meanwhile is less of a backman but versatile enough to play forward or stints in the middle. And Baker and Shorty quite able wingman also against shorter opponents (not that height has ever seemed to factor into Baker's footy!).

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just for the record.

Once again we were on the losing end of frees.

Mudpies......31.....Tigers 24

And, that free to the lanky Yank by Chol was a disgrace. Another free in front of goal, and a goal of course.

Yet the Pies fans are all over social media blaming the umpiring etc. Cox never gets frees etc (he got 3 frees).

The irony of a Pies fan calling another team the umpires pets is not lost on me (it probably is on them as they aren't all that smart).

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I have been pondering who will be picked for the wings against Carlton, given Marlion seems to have been relegated and Caddy seems to be getting full game time (and playing well).

Which has made me wonder if Dimma has a plan to play all three of McIntosh, Caddy and Pickett. Given Houli is unlikely to play for at least the first month, depending on the opponent and time in the game the three will rotate together between the wings and back flank. We got a glimpse in the GF when McIntosh went back and steadied the ship, and we have seen that Marlion is quite assured in the backline - both on the ground and in the air.

Caddy meanwhile is less of a backman but versatile enough to play forward or stints in the middle. And Baker and Shorty quite able wingman also against shorter opponents (not that height has ever seemed to factor into Baker's footy!).

Thoughts?

I think thats likely. Pickett will probably start the HB rotation with Short and Bakes, but also rotate onto the wings when Kmac and Caddy need a break. Caddy was outstanding last night. Both he and Short have made me think hard about my supercoach team.

Reactions: 1 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
When you get a *smile* free, a lucky free, a mistake free, that is NOT the time to give your oppo some lip. I don't mind Cox and what he has achieved in our game but someone needs to explain some cultural aspects.
I don't know, I kind of like him for it. He's got some ticker and that's all we ask of anyone here. He's not much good but makes up for it in lip and flair.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

Thoughts?
I don't know, but KMac looked like Jezza last night. Was fantastic.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I don't know, but KMac looked like Jezza last night. Was fantastic.
I thought the same, KMac has got his mojo back - he is big and intimidating, and just motors up and down the wing. He would be a tough match up.

Feb 25, 2007
I should also add, I was mightily impressed with Pickett, I gave him heaps last year but geez even though only a praccy game. He played like he belongs.
Pickett ran down pies players. Took good marks and hit a few of their players hard in the contests. Showed good pace too.

He will definitely play round 1, he played back and midfield and with Houli out he is likely to play as the 7th/8th defender.
Grimes, Astbury, Balta, Broad, Vlastuin, Short, Baker & Pickett

Last edited:

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I should also add, I was mightily impressed with Pickett, I gave him heaps last year but geez even though only a praccy game. He played like he belongs.
Pickett ran down pies players. Took good marks and hit a few of their players hard in the contests. Showed good pace too.

He will definitely play round 1, he played back and midfield and with Houli out he is likely to play as the 7th defender.
Grimes, Astbury, Balta, Broad, Short, Baker & Pickett
Dont forget Flossy!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Thoughts?
I would think that Caddy plays r1. Seems a man on a mission.
Pickett plays too so there is super flexibility.
Wings Caddy Kmac
Defence Grimes Astbury Balta Flossy Baker Shorty.
Bench Broad Pickett
We would play DLTD and Noah as 2nd rucks, keep mixing it up. This removes the need for a 2nd ruck on the bench, giving the spots to 2 mids eg Graham and Bolton

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watching the replay and when it comes to sledging against Daddy Long Legs, you can't miss Cadds in the middle of it. Would've been better if Cholly fired up after that 'fingerprint in the back' free kick they got.