Foster's cup game against little pies. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Foster's cup game against little pies.

The biggest thing I'm noticing is how much size a lot of our guys have dropped.

Dustin, Riewoldt, Caddy, Graham, McIntosh and even Rioli have dropped size I reckon.
Noticed this too, esp Cads and Kmac. They look kinda ripped to me.

Hmmm, with the longer qrtrs, are we looking to run sides off the park this yr ?

Reactions: 1 user
I worry we may lose a few games in the first 2 months due to fitness
Reckon all teams struggle in the first month with fitness. We shouldn't be much worse.
Our peak runners KMac Shorty Bakes look in prime nick.
Caddy has turned up ready to play.
We have great mid depth so can keep onballers fresh all game

Reactions: 1 user
He definitely did. Game only opened up when we rested our stars. The last quarter flattered them. At one stage our centre bounce consisted of Chol Bolton Graham RCD vs Grundy Pendlebury De Goey Elliot.
The last 2 bounces we had
Chol Bolton Martyn RCD

Reactions: 1 users
, and whilst not super impactful, really liked the positions RCD kept getting himself into.
To my eyes it looked like we played RCD as the lead mid when he was on.
Whereas Martyn was in the defensive role that Fridge normally plays

People got to remember Balta is still only 20 and learning the trade playing in defence will have positives and negatives in his game.

Reactions: 2 users
Watching the replay now. Hate the man-on-the-mark rule. Hate it. Absolutely ****king ridiculous rule! Hate it! Is it a ***king conspiracy. Tigers team defence made a point of being aggressive on the mark. New rule cracks down on it?! Also Dwayne Russell is *smile*.

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure what Hardwick was expecting but we're obviously a fair way off our best. Big step up in intensity in a fortnight.

Collingwood without Sidebottom and Adams, and Treloar/Phillips gone... would've expected to walk it in if the game was fair dinkum.
I always think we seem to over-emphasise these pre-season games and in fact as Tigers have shown in the past, the early games of the season. We lost 2 pre-season games last year to Gas and Pies. We know when the Tigers hit their straps, when it counts.

Aarts and Lambert hit the weights hard. Aarts in particular enjoying the greater ability to both hit bodies with force and use the extra strength.

Has someone with better stats than me advise how many goals the Mudpies got from frees in front of goal.

Have to admit we will have to address our ruck stocks. Chol is not the answer.

Nank is not the tallest going around and struggles a bit against taller ruckmen like say Gawn. He is a bull but does not have the height and can't ruck all day.

not ungrateful, but...

can we cruise to a ten goal victory occasionally?

FFS :)

Reactions: 5 users
everything in its place, comforting to know some things are the same. the pressure, the god-tier defence, the F50 inefficiency / stupidity, the in-game lapses that let other teams in the door. looks like any other flag year

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
another year and another bunch of incomprehensable and pathetic rule changes and dumb arse interpretations of them.....mason cox a free and fifty for something no footy fan would ever understand or agree with ..just one example
The free was *smile*. The fifty was Noah being a *smile* n threw the ball back along the ground.

I turned the TV off when we were 4 goals up in the last and woke up to see we won by a goal.
what happened ? Cue in the rack?
Major thing I got from it is that we can turn it on when we want to and if there is a market for AA I am getting on Short !

Is that good or bad do you reckon?
Gotta be good with the lightning fast end to end running expected this year. If players can maintain the strength without the bulk it'll be premium, less fatigue from carrying weight n hopefully less load injuries to the body.

Reactions: 2 users
Noticed the umps seem to be watching the man on the mark more then watching the player with the ball, wrong way to go about it imho

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure what Hardwick was expecting but we're obviously a fair way off our best. Big step up in intensity in a fortnight.

Collingwood without Sidebottom and Adams, and Treloar/Phillips gone... would've expected to walk it in if the game was fair dinkum.
So we were down Presty, Lynch man n Bash. Cotch, Grub n Nank barely played a half. Practice match n it's simply a matter of getting the squad match hardened, the systems in place and a bonus look at a bunch of kids. Mission accomplished.

Reactions: 3 users