Frank's fails or How to get rid of it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frank's fails or How to get rid of it

Vlastuin, B Ellis, Lennon and C Ellis will be players. B Ellis has already shown what he can do. Needs a enabling coach. Ditto Vlastuin.

C Ellis and Lennon too early.

Conca and Vickery GTFO.

How about we just get rid of Frank?

Track record is just awful. Not enough hits in the first or second round. Not enough hits outside the second round.

Not enough hits full stop.

SCOOP said:

Track record is just awful. Not enough hits in the first or second round. Not enough hits outside the second round.

Could not agree more Scoop. 10 plus years of drafting mediocrity.

SCOOP said:

Yes, time to upgrade. The Geelong guy in the team seems like a logical replacement.

Ridley said:
You could also go back to 2008 and Vickery. Massive fail.

I disagree on Vlastuin. He can be a player with a decent coach. At least he has traits that you need in premiership players. Hard as a cat's head, thirst for the contest, skills are pretty good. Lacks a yard of pace but his other attributes can cover that. If only he had a good coach.

Jury is out on Cellis. Too early to call. Skills look good but does he have the body and mind for AFL footy?

Conca's hopeless. Frank should be sacked on that selection alone. Ridiculous reach at pick 6. Grave doubts on Lennon. Talented but to me looks to have a sh!t attitude, looks lazy and is slow.

Bellis is a shame. Can play but reckon his confidence has been terribly shaken by poor coaching. Not sure he comes back from that. Trade him whilst he has currency.

Summed up well MrRidley.

Francis has to go only because we have to be better. He's not hopeless, but seriously when guys here in Plebsville consistently out perform him with only common resources, you can but shake your head. The only thing that has been saving him in my opinion is a poor development team, but excuses no more. This best list in Dimma's time fallacy is going to bite big time .

SCOOP said:

If the same people are reviewing the recruiters as the coaches, Frank will be safe and we will sack all the other staff.

Players taken immediately after us:

2010 : Josh Caddy, Geelong
2011 : Tom Sheridan, Freo
2012 : Troy Menzel, Carlton (Joe Daniher was F/S)
2013 : Patrick Cripps, Carlton
2014 : Lachlan Weller, Freo

quite depressing really

Ridley said:
Could not agree more Scoop. 10 plus years of drafting mediocrity.
It would be really interesting to see how the reviewers( whoever they are ) rates the performance of the recruitment and what metrics they assessed against...

a very interesting discussion.

Bill Haverchuck said:
Did he? hasn't hine been more in list management the last few years?

not certain Bill, but I reckon dereks been calling the names. Grundy was a win, but pies drafting has been worse than ours the last 5 years IMO

easy said:
not certain Bill, but I reckon dereks been calling the names. Grundy was a win, but pies drafting has been worse than ours the last 5 years IMO

Yeah as much as I think Jackson needs to go yesterday I'm not sure Hine is much of an upgrade if any.

We need to target the best and use the FTF money to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Aegean Tiger said:
Recruitment has been a major fail over the last few yrs.

It has certainly got better the last couple of years, especially later rounds & rookies

Short, castagna , Menadue,Drummo, Lego, Lambo, Chol,C Moore etc

Coincidence it happened about the time Luke Williams joined us ?

Reactions: 1 user
I am wondering whether there more to this than draft picks at Richmond but how players are managed because it seems going over the years many players we have let go have flourished elsewhere. Ottens ,Raines,Morton,Dea,Nahas,Shultz,White to name a few.Is it a bad culture within the club?Or bad coaching?

taztiger4 said:
It has certainly got better the last couple of years, especially later rounds & rookies

Short, castagna , Menadue,Drummo, Lego, Lambo, Chol,C Moore etc

Coincidence it happened about the time Luke Williams joined us ?

Not too many of those yet proven Tas. Bright sporadic starts are the honeymoon period. Time will tell if they become good, consistent footballers.

How many times over the years have we had crap players facing delistment play a few good games at the end of the year and get a reprieve , then the next year go back to being crap again...
I am worried that the same could happen with FJ , please don't let it happen!