Frank's fails or How to get rid of it | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frank's fails or How to get rid of it

Bill Haverchuck said:
How many times over the years have we had crap players facing delistment play a few good games at the end of the year and get a reprieve , then the next year go back to being crap again...
I am worried that the same could happen with FJ , please don't let it happen!
This may well happen again with A Moore.

Dyer'ere said:
I've argued elsewhere that our best eighteen has been in decline for three years due to Frank's poor performance in the first round of the ND.

I think the facts speak for themselves there.

Code:
Reece Conca
Brandon Ellis
Nick Vlastuin
Ben Lennon
Corey Ellis

These blokes are busts. Except Brandon who can ackshelly get a kick. (He's the only one you'd keep.)

The longer we wait the less likely we are to get a refund. On these busts.

Freshness matters. These lads have some currency. And very good character.

We can get something for these blokes now. Draft choices next year (2017) are good too.

It's time to face some facts. Five years of failed first rounders hurt us a lot. Let us not live in La-la land.

Trade these Frank fails while they are worth something.

If our current football department can't see that - let's get rid of it.

Brandon is the 2nd I'd get rid of behind Conca. Both of those have been tried and tested and are not AFL quality. The other 3 still deserve time and I think you are being extremely harsh on Vlastuin. He has played some ripper games, doesn't crumble under pressure and goes hard at the ball. But he should have played lot more midfield by now but just won't be given a decent run t it.

Conca's the only one I'd concede on. Injuries notwithstanding, just turned 24 he's been a bust.

Not to say the others aren't tradeable if we think their ceiling's low.

tigerlove said:
Brandon is the 2nd I'd get rid of behind Conca. Both of those have been tried and tested and are not AFL quality. The other 3 still deserve time and I think you are being extremely harsh on Vlastuin. He has played some ripper games, doesn't crumble under pressure and goes hard at the ball. But he should have played lot more midfield by now but just won't be given a decent run t it.

I don't agree completely. Happy to see BEllis traded, but he can play and has close to our best tank. Just don't think we need his type right now. Like Vlas either commit to fix his flaws or take him to market.

KnightersRevenge said:
I don't agree completely. Happy to see BEllis traded, but he can play and has close to our best tank. Just don't think we need his type right now. Like Vlas either commit to fix his flaws or take him to market.

B Ellis can play? Vlastuin is multiple times better player than Ellis. Ellis has elite running ability, that's it. Poorly skilled, can't tackle, panics, has his eyes fixed to the back of his head. There have been many players in the past who have had no problems getting the pill, it's what they do with it that defines them. The only time Vlastuin was played in the middle this year he killed it, I really don't get it.

I'm really surprised at the Brandon Ellis bashing this year, sure he's very outside but so is Andrew Gaff. If he does get traded watch him carve it up at another club.

bullus_hit said:
I'm really surprised at the Brandon Ellis bashing this year, sure he's very outside but so is Andrew Gaff. If he does get traded watch him carve it up at another club.

Agree, at a club where he's told to run and overlap, instead of stop, prop and go backwards, Ellis could be a good player.

bullus_hit said:

linuscambridge said:
Agree, at a club where he's told to run and overlap, instead of stop, prop and go backwards, Ellis could be a good player.

*Nodding in furious agreement*

I reckon given a good coach & gameplan and being injury free they could all (except Vickery) turn into stars

Tiller said:
I reckon given a good coach & gameplan and being injury free they could all (except Vickery) turn into stars

Wake up. Too many duds.
Grigg
Edwards
Houli
Vickery
Griffens
Batchelor
Lambert
Miles
Townsend
Ellis

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
tigerlove said:
B Ellis can play? Vlastuin is multiple times better player than Ellis. Ellis has elite running ability, that's it. Poorly skilled, can't tackle, panics, has his eyes fixed to the back of his head. There have been many players in the past who have had no problems getting the pill, it's what they do with it that defines them. The only time Vlastuin was played in the middle this year he killed it, I really don't get it.
This. Ellis is by far the worst player in that mix. Running ability and endurance does not make a footballer. Would he play well at another club? Maybe, if all he is expected to do is run on the outside.

Tiller said:

Vickery is a bit of a victim of modern football. These one dimensional tall lead up forwards only have a limited role to play in the modern game, there is just not enough space to lead into anymore. He's also a poor contested mark and not a very good body player, which doesn't mean there's much left for him. Sort of a poor mans Michael Moncrieff.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
linuscambridge said:
Vickery is a bit of a victim of modern football. These one dimensional tall lead up forwards only have a limited role to play in the modern game, there is just not enough space to lead into anymore. He's also a poor contested mark and not a very good body player, which doesn't mean there's much left for him. Sort of a poor mans Michael Moncrieff.

Don't need to be tall to be a lead up player that is a poor contested mark and a poor body player. Not much point in being tall then.

gold1 said:
I am wondering whether there more to this than draft picks at Richmond but how players are managed because it seems going over the years many players we have let go have flourished elsewhere. Ottens ,Raines,Morton,Dea,Nahas,Shultz,White to name a few.Is it a bad culture within the club?Or bad coaching?
Ottens & Shultz I'll give you but the others, flourished!?, you're kidding surely

ILUVDISCO said:
Ottens & Shultz I'll give you but the others, flourished!?, you're kidding surely

Nah I wouldn't give him Ottens either, Ottens flourished at the Tigers, we were just too stubborn at the time to pay him what he was worth.

Ridley said:
Could not agree more Scoop. 10 plus years of drafting mediocrity.
The whole methodology of our recruiting and recruiters is old school. Lets get better scouting, more professional, and change it up with some younger, keener eyes. You would think being a recruiter is rocket science, Emma Quayle is a journo in her 30's and schools these 'professionals'. Should be recruiting her. Seriously.

linuscambridge said:
He is not a lead up footballer.

Back to Francis. The Derek Hine rumour has gone to ground. Nothing more heard of it.

So, we are 12 weeks out from a draft and we are going in with the same team, the same structure and the same old thinking.

I want some change within the recruiting team, can't keep doing the same thing with the same people.

SCOOP said:
Back to Francis. The Derek Hine rumour has gone to ground. Nothing more heard of it.

So, we are 12 weeks out from a draft and we are going in with the same team, the same structure and the same old thinking.

I want some change within the recruiting team, can't keep doing the same thing with the same people.

Agree Scoop. Total negligence and mismanagement from the club with regards to the recruiting function. The score is on the board; there for all to see. We lost; again. Changes should have been months ago in time to take effect for this years trade period and draft.

What's that definition of insanity again?