Frawleys fairies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawleys fairies

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
not only are we missing cambo but DK as well.before you DK knockers put another knife in his back lets look at last night.
simpson killed us last night a perfect matchup for duncan.
with cambo out of the side and both jono and cogs suffering because of this fact DK,s hardness at the ball would have at least made it a 50/50 contest around the packs.we got slaughtered around the packs.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
It times of crisis you keep going back to thesame old hacks...now is the time to finish duncans career while he is out its time to move on and recruit fresh talent

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
The club and its supporters have a losers mentality with this bring Dunc back crap. If Frawley brings this hack back, he might as well start writing his own obituary.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I still reckon "Richo was good. Jsut because he was getting his kicks up the ground doesnt mean he was useless. He did et up 2 goals i remember and toiled hard al night. Staff dominated ruck too, some of you guys are too harsh.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
The club and its supporters have a losers mentality with this bring Dunc back crap. If Frawley brings this hack back, he might as well start writing his own obituary.
i find this ironic coming from a person who would rather see the tigers on the bottom.
your clearly a disturbed individual diggler/laff.
onething DK has that wessals like yourself will never have.
COURAGE and the ability to get the best out of themselves.
go flog yaself off in another forum.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dunc is not the solution. We need some speed, skill, attacking flair - not a grinder/tagger who can't kick. As much as I appreciate his courage its time he hung up the boots.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Yes Johnston to Richo, bring Duncan back and watch his courage get us into a grand final. Sick of this big heart/courage crap. Its a loser mentality.
Maybe if they finished on the bottom, instead of 9th or 10th, they might get better. Were you one of the suckers that cheered em on when they won a few meaningless games late year? Those hollow victories will cost us big time in the years to come.

Pheret

I'm a llama!
May 24, 2003
Good evening Tigger Fans. Came in to say how impressed I was by your fans display at the game last night. It was excellent to see you encouraging and giving McCartney the respect he deserved, despite him being an opposition player. I was a little sceptical of Tigger fans after your attack on our board a few weeks ago, but you redeemed yourselves with your attitude last night in my book. Richmond remain one of a handful of Victorian clubs I actually palate. Well done. Pity about the result, but it was fitting, you have to admit it. Don't take the 3 losses on the trot too seriously. It's just the Subiaco curse taking it's natural course. It's happened to everyone. Just that your mob are taking it extra harshly. You should bounce back against Carlton next week I reckon. Pity about Gaspar aswell. That whole family is cursed by injury I believe, as we Eagles supporters well know.

While I'm here, I may as well get a Tigger opinion on things. The whole Judd coming out of contract talk is a hot topic over on our board at the moment and I see you guys offering a few scenarios on this string yourselves. I was looking at your young players in last nights game and thought that, after the Eagles and Fremantle, you have one of the best young lists in the comp at the moment. There's quite a few there who I wouldn't mind us getting our hands on if we are required to let Juddy go, in my opinion namely Coughlan, Rodan and Krakour. What do you reckon? I'd say that's all pretty fair, any one of them for Juddy, as well as many a draft pick going our way. Coughlan, being a Sandgroper, would be the front runner, but I give big props to young Rodan. He kicked a ripper against us last year, as I remember fondly. Just between us, I think if we have to look for a trade for Juddster, you guys would be the front runners to get him. I can easily picture him in a Tigger uniform, unfortunately. Just in case we never see him in an Eagles jersey again, I got his jersey against Essendon last week yesterday. But don't get your hopes up just yet Tigger fans, be rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get the lil legend to stay in the nest. All this talk of him being homesick is probably just bulldust anyway, and it'll probably eventuate much alike the Matthew Pavlich saga last year, when he was out of contract at Freo, and most thought he'd return to Adelaide. I hope Judd never leaves though, but acknowledge he probably will at some stage.

GhostofJimmyJess

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
Richo took three grabs right on the fifty in the latter stages of last nights game.

All three missed comprehensively (both the goals, or, alternatively, a closer Tiger forward).

At what point of his career is he going to go back and kick an important goal for us. Hamill would have done it. McKernan would have done it. Hell, even the Roccas would have probably got at least one of them!!

When do we get that elusive bag of goals in a big game from the big fella' that we've been promised for ten years. Ten years.

I was critical of us not trading him last year. I felt his currency was diminishing, and his value to us was waning. He is yet to prove otherwise to me this year despite, a couple of double-figure marking games.

If the Roos could wrangle Pick 2 off the Crows for a washed-up 32-year-old Wayne Carey, surely we could have worked something out for a supposedly-peaking 28-year-old Matthew Richardson.

I was also critical of the lengths we went to to get Kane Johnson. No. 2 pick and Jason Torney for a mid-range on-baller. Too large a price to pay, when the likes of Goddard, Wells etc.. were in the offering. Didn't our guys look at the likes of Reiwoldt, and and Judd, and Hodge the previous couple of years.

Again, Kane is yet to prove anything to the contrary to me that he is not a poor man's Andrew Macleod or Simon Goodwin. That decision may haunt us for years to come as we watch Wells continue to develop.

We must ... must ... trade aggressively at season's end ... and get early draft picks ... or we'll continue to tread water with other Vic clubs such as Melbourne, Hawthorn, and the like.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Pheret - funny you should say all that because Judd is EXACTLY what we are lacking - someone who is direct and knows how to run the lines. I disagree with what you say about our young players however - have you seen the youngsters at St.Kilda, or Geelong? You mention Rodan, Coughlan or Krakour - at this point in time as I am a shattered tiger fan you can have any of them. Interestingly I mentioned Newman as a trade but after re-assessing things he would probably be the last one I would want to lose as he's stood up in all the big games we've played so far. However I hope we do all we can to get him coz I've watched him and he is genuine class - in the Mcleod mould - and f@#k do we need him. Miller if you are listening - do not be afraid of losing anyone on our list as long as you get him.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Pheret, personally I think Coughlan is a necessary player at Richmond (given that we lack many hard inside players), but I would be willing to swap Judd for any 2 of the following: Newman, Rodan, Krakouer, Fiora and a draft pick.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
100% agree with you ghost. West Coast need a key forward, we need another midfielder. Solve the problem, bye bye Richo. 10 years and still hasnt/never will fulfil his potential.

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Yes Johnston to Richo, bring Duncan back and watch his courage get us into a grand final. Sick of this big heart/courage crap. Its a loser mentality.
Maybe if they finished on the bottom, instead of 9th or 10th, they might get better. Were you one of the suckers that cheered em on when they won a few meaningless games late year? Those hollow victories will cost us big time in the years to come.
i cheer the side on no matter what.its called being loyal to your club something i doubt you couldnt be able to comprehend.
we get it bad enough from opposition supporters without the likes of you continuing to put the club down.
but hey its a free world each to their own

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
GhostofJimmyJess said:
Richo took three grabs right on the fifty in the latter stages of last nights game.

All three missed comprehensively (both the goals, or, alternatively, a closer Tiger forward).

At what point of his career is he going to go back and kick an important goal for us. Hamill would have done it. McKernan would have done it. Hell, even the Roccas would have probably got at least one of them!!

When do we get that elusive bag of goals in a big game from the big fella' that we've been promised for ten years. Ten years.

I was critical of us not trading him last year. I felt his currency was diminishing, and his value to us was waning. He is yet to prove otherwise to me this year despite, a couple of double-figure marking games.

If the Roos could wrangle Pick 2 off the Crows for a washed-up 32-year-old Wayne Carey, surely we could have worked something out for a supposedly-peaking 28-year-old Matthew Richardson.

I was also critical of the lengths we went to to get Kane Johnson. No. 2 pick and Jason Torney for a mid-range on-baller. Too large a price to pay, when the likes of Goddard, Wells etc.. were in the offering. Didn't our guys look at the likes of Reiwoldt, and and Judd, and Hodge the previous couple of years.

Again, Kane is yet to prove anything to the contrary to me that he is not a poor man's Andrew Macleod or Simon Goodwin. That decision may haunt us for years to come as we watch Wells continue to develop.

We must ... must ... trade aggressively at season's end ... and get early draft picks ... or we'll continue to tread water with other Vic clubs such as Melbourne, Hawthorn, and the like.
on your 1st point about richo missing those goals in the last qtr.at least he presents himself in a contest if more of our players had the same commitment to the tiger cause like richo does we would be better off.by the last qtr richo was knackered. those shots he would have made easily if it was the 1st or 2nd qtr.
trading richo would be a huge mistake.a bloke who puts fear into oppositon coaches why would we put ourselves in the same position?bloke like richo dont grow on trees.also his off field value can not be underesitmated if you went to the family day you would see why.
on the point about we paid to much for johnson.for starters we had 4th pick at the time of the trade not the 2nd.
to say he,s a poor man,s mcleod or goodwin is a bit rich.what it has done is make more of a headache for opposition coach,s to close down our midfield.
wells looks like he,s going to be a good player but so too might schulz.
not all high draft picks make it.we have had a fair few in the past and present to vouch for that.someone like newman came in very late.
what i am confident is that with miller at the helm decisions will be made at the end of the year which will only help the side take that next step.

GhostofJimmyJess

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
And when they start handing out premiership points at club family days J2R, then I'll be the first to concede that you're right.

My point still stands - first quarter or last - what we required from Richo was for him to go back, take a deep breath, put his head over the ball, and nail those goals from the fifty ... just like the players I mentioned (all just "good" players by the way - I didn't need to mention what guns like Lloyd, Neitz, Carey (circa 1990's) and even Barry Hall) would do in such a situation.

You're own argument of opposition coaches alleged fear of Richo is maybe the best case I could make to trade him while he has currency, and is not putting the score on the Tiger scoreboard.

And it didn't take a super-competent clairvoyent to see what was going to happen to Carlton's draft picks last November ... It was always on the cards. I just don't think our heirarchy had seriously war-gamed the outcome themselves.

By the way ... I'm sorry to target the very two objects of your pseudonym. And I'm fully supportive of your obligation to respond on their behalf.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
It would be nice if we could trade Matthew Richardson for say a Nathan Brown, but its just not going to happen. No one wants an inconsistent, injury-prone 28 year old. So for better or worse, we are stuck with Richo. If we traded Richo a few years back we would have got someone real good for him, but alas its too late now.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I don't blame Rodan for what he did. Over the course of a game decided by less than a kick there a heaps of things that can tip the result either way. Thought Danny was wrong to drag him. Just a word from the runner would have done. D-rod would have known he stuffed up. A word should also go to those around him not telling him he was hot. Hopefully that's mentioned in the match review.

I don't blame Richo either for those upfield always kicking the ball to him. It's up to the player disposing of the ball to decide where the ball goes not the receiver. If Richo is a poor percentage option then don't #$%@ing kick the ball to him ???. If he's the only option then why aren't others presenting themselves :mad:. It's not too hard to understand. Footy's not rocket science for heaven's sake ::).

Pheret

I'm a llama!
May 24, 2003
It's quite strange to hear what you all seem to be saying. You seem to be degrading your players a fair bit. Perhaps my analysis of your young list was wrong. Rodan is a Cupido huh? Bit of a show-poney? Wow, didn't know that. Maybe I should watch him a bit more. (Our boy Benny got run down last week by that show poney Cupido to pretty much throw the game away last week vs. Essendon, so don't blame Rodan. It's a communication problem out there. Dragging him was a bit harsh i felt on Friday)

I personally thought that clubs like Geelong and Western have nothing to offer us for Judd, John. Saints do have a young bunch, yes, but they're mainly midfielders, and our midfield is hot as it is. We need defenders and attackers. Someone has been bringing up rumours that we'll get S Black, Hay and a 1st round pick in a 3-way trade for Juddy. Think it's B.S. though personally.

Juddy this year has a touch of 2nd year blues i think, and his head isn't really in the game. Still love the boy, but he might be casting his mind to home at the end of the year I feel, unfortunately. Whatever the case, we've got the upper hand in dealing. Vic clubs will fight tooth and nail for him and we'll get something really good for him if he goes. But you can stop any talk of trading Richo to us for him. Forget about it. That's not gonna happen, I can tell you right now. We've got lots of potential marking forwards in the system, and our forward line is going great guns at the moment. We made a mistake on Cummings a few years back, and won't make another mistake like that again. Gonna have to find some other club to offload him to.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Laff said:
The question is are you a member punt road roar,....I would think that I would pay 10 times the amount of money in membership to that club....so don't question me again....follow me in to the promised land

Maybe you aren't paying enough?

Just because you might be paying more, doesn't mean you can stomp all over people - look at Rene Rivkin!