Gale and O'Neil 3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gale and O'Neil 3-0-75

Three spoons,

Zero hope

75,000 torn up memberships.

Is that what they are waiting for?

They decided to extend this coaches contract. Now it is actually their job to fix the mess. Hardwick IS NOT the answer. In my business, the second it is sure that is the case, action is taken.

If they give a meek ' we back the coach', the price the club will pay is enormous. It will confirm they are not leaders, and are in the wrong role.

The total lack of character or meaning left to our club needs to be corrected now. Not a shot fired for Tommy?

There is more meaning to saying you are a Fitzroy supporter these days, than a Tigers supporter.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
JR8 said:
I'm happy to put in at least $200 to get rid of *smile*.

Who's with me??

I'm in.

3-0-75 is a fail. Not an epic fail as we have 0 debt and 65000 members but a fail nonetheless.

Keeping Hardwick will cost more than paying him out. The loss of membership revenue will be enormous and who's to know how the sponsors will react. Sponsors like to be associated with winners not losers.

The is painfully obvious that Hardwick has taken us as far as he can go. His obsession with overrated, recycled hacks from other teams has killed us now.

Interesting times ahead.

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
Ghost of Punt Road said:
Three spoons,

Zero hope

75,000 torn up memberships.

Is that what they are waiting for?

They decided to extend this coaches contract. Now it is actually their job to fix the mess. Hardwick IS NOT the answer. In my business, the second it is sure that is the case, action is taken.

If they give a meek ' we back the coach', the price the club will pay is enormous. It will confirm they are not leaders, and are in the wrong role.

The total lack of character or meaning left to our club needs to be corrected now. Not a shot fired for Tommy?

There is more meaning to saying you are a Fitzroy supporter these days, than a Tigers supporter.

I have said this a couple of weeks ago. Losing a minimum 10,000 members equates to approx 1.5M. Not to mention how long it will be to get back these supporters. Payout Dimma and it only will cost you $1M

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What are you on?
It's excatly right.
3rd last
No one gives a *smile* anymore
75,000 members not signing up next year

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I ain't paying *smile*.

The club made the mistake and now better bloody fix it. He must walk himself. I hope to god there was a clause in that contract. He may have to remain until finals are mathematically impossible.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Peggy to this point is nothing more than a puppet. I was in the pres luncheon today but after half time her and Benny were nowhere to be found. If she has any gumption she will order Benny to sack Dimma ASAP and get on with the rebuild that is surely required.

Grigg - I can only hope he never plays again...what a weak cat

Time to go all kids and a new coach. The season is done, we are a bottom 4 time any way you dice it. Rip off the bandaid and get it over with..

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
mad_doggy911 said:
I ain't paying *smile*.

The club made the mistake and now better bloody fix it. He must walk himself. I hope to god there was a clause in that contract. He may have to remain until finals are mathematically impossible.

Cmon he wont walk himself and miss on a payout (est $1mill) that he would get if sacked

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
We had a gun Sports Administrator in Mal Speed and went O'Neill. Very strange decision. Not that I would know but Speed seemed the logical choice.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
taraba said:
We had a gun Sports Administrator in Mal Speed and went O'Neill. Very strange decision. Not that I would know but Speed seemed the logical choice.

Yes, he did look the logical choice.

But then, I recall us appointing a senior Nike executive to the CEO role ahead of Stephen Wright on the recommendation of the AFL and just about everyone else, and it failed spectacularly.

dcstar

Once sane, always Richmond......
Nov 5, 2003
Melbourne
Streak said:
But then, I recall us appointing a senior Nike executive to the CEO role ahead of Stephen Wright on the recommendation of the AFL and just about everyone else, and it failed spectacularly.

The AFL basically recruited Ian Campbell from the USA by providing him a rosy financial picture of Richmond that was so far from the reality of the situation that he discovered once into the role that he had no chance whatsoever to improve the club because it was mired in debt - especially with the Casey run board that proved to be a disaster with its deluded mismanagement of that era. The AFL themselves had been seemingly conned by Richmond, a mistake they probably won't make again.

Campbell was made a scapegoat for this woeful board and people should recall that Casey himself took over the CEO role as some sort of a part-time hobby before Steve Wright finally took over the role and started to repair the damage once Casey finally departed and Gary March took over as President.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
David C said:
Campbell was made a scapegoat for this woeful board ....

Yep. He seemed a very decent, honest bloke. He also valued the grass roots supporters and was always good in regards to PRE, I felt sorry for him the way he was treated.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
taraba said:

I believe it's called 'positive discrimination'.

billyb#40

Tiger Superstar
Sep 19, 2004
Speed apparently didn't have majority support, deadlocked with someone else
ONeal -spelling check - with no support but no haters gets the gig.
A mandate not to do much I'd guess.
But a President with good skills, speaks well, knows how to resolve conflicts can't be a bad thing at a footy club. Probably quite tough if needed too.
Not much anyone can say about us really, if Jason Dunstall, On The Couch, can't say what's required to fix us, then we probably can't be fixed.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
2-0-66 achieved

3-0-75 was massively ambitious given where we were.

Tick for me, hopefully the 3 and 75 can be achieved in 6 years rather than 5.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, making the finals this year gives the 5 year plan a pass mark in my opinion. It was always ambitious. If we had started this season like we've ended it we would ahve reached the 75k members I reckon.

But there are rumours we're reporting an operating loss this year. That's not great news but the devil is in the details I guess

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Sintiger said:
2-0-66 achieved

I think that 3-0-75 in 6 years would be a very very good result from where we were and is a realistic chance. It seemed very very ambitious at the time and to think we could do it only a year late would be a tremendous result.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Sintiger said:
2-0-66 achieved

Targets are meant to be ambitious and the '75' was the most difficult. 66k members is terrific.

The 0 is also excellent and had we not lost all those games by under a goal in 2012 we would have bagged the '3' as well.