Gale and O'Neil 3-0-75 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gale and O'Neil 3-0-75

The 3 included a top 4 finish. We might just do better than that this year. :cupgold

Baloo said:
Yeah, making the finals this year gives the 5 year plan a pass mark in my opinion. It was always ambitious. If we had started this season like we've ended it we would ahve reached the 75k members I reckon.

But there are rumours we're reporting an operating loss this year. That's not great news but the devil is in the details I guess

yer I think we will find it was in relation to bringing the VFL side online combined with the Punt Road renovations. I know we went to the supporters again for another FTF hand out, I dare say after the first round there may have been a few less dollars offered this time and that the club will have made up the balance for the VFl side from its surplus. But Id much prefere to have it this way than to go into debt again.

Membership was tracking ok but as we lost the games it stalled big time.
Also we have taken a HUGE whack in game receipts apparently.

tigers80 said:
Membership was tracking ok but as we lost the games it stalled big time.
Also we have taken a HUGE whack in game receipts apparently.

yer there was a clear message to the club from the supporters mid season, as crowds stayed away. I think most people feel enough is enough - time for a flag or three. We as a collective have given enough - time to return the favours RFC

doherz said:
yer there was a clear message to the club from the supporters mid season, as crowds stayed away. I think most people feel enough is enough - time for a flag or three. We as a collective have given enough - time to return the favours RFC

Isn't that just backward thinking, resources and money are used year on year, they don't sit in a bank account idle. So logic says if we are to get better and win a flag as you want or three as you say. Then surely our part is to continue to do what we can and buy memberships and make donations or we will just go backwards and no one surely wants that. We dont want players to pick and choose when they go or dont go and i guess supporters need to be the same. The AFL has become such a professional business that additional funds, ideas and resources are needed every year to just hold your ground.

Mappa said:
Isn't that just backward thinking, resources and money are used year on year, they don't sit in a bank account idle. So logic says if we are to get better and win a flag as you want or three as you say. Then surely our part is to continue to do what we can and buy memberships and make donations or we will just go backwards and no one surely wants that. We dont want players to pick and choose when they go or dont go and i guess supporters need to be the same. The AFL has become such a professional business that additional funds, ideas and resources are needed every year to just hold your ground.
Agree with what you say there, Mappa, but the average fan doesn't have anything other than their hard earned or non attendance to actually use as a weapon if they're not happy with the way the club or the AFL are running things. It's really a bit of a vicious cycle. McLachlan proved by his comments about our crowds during our bad patch that when attendances drop for sides like us it bothers him and he looks at ways to turn it around.

Mappa said:

I was there when we were *smile*. We're still *smile* and now i'm happy to watch from the couch

doherz said:
I was there when we were sh!t. We're still sh!t and now i'm happy to watch from the couch

Best place for you if that's how you feel.

spook said:
What was our membership when 3-0-75 was launched?

46K in 2009.

2-0-66 is a great effort from where we started. I'm satisfied with the performance of the club in that period. I wonder what the new goals are, and whether the club has the same energy and drive to reach them as it did in 2010.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
46K in 2009.

2-0-66 is a great effort from where we started. I'm satisfied with the performance of the club in that period. I wonder what the new goals are, and whether the club has the same energy and drive to reach them as it did in 2010.

Its an amazing result really.

With our 9 game winning streak and making finals 2 years in a row, we will hopefully beat our membership record in 2015.

If that 9 game winning streak was at th start of the year we would have gotten close to 75k I reckon

Good progression, as long as it doesn't become an end in itself.

peggy mentioned 3-0-75 in her speech on tuesday but i can't recall what she said exatly. 5 years is up so its time we need a new target... which must include a flag you'd think.