Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day RD 17 - Tigers V Suns

Watching some VFL Frankston v Suns on the Gold Coast. Ground looks lovely and the weather is excellent.

Me too!
Can anyone suggest parking within a 30 min or so walk??
Chisholm Rd has a church which changes $10. That's on the Nerang side of the stadium. A bit of a walk. I use it. The free parking is up that road a bit.
The worst part is the slight traffic jam as traffic heads back to the motorway to Brisbane. I've never tried going the other direction straight after a game

Last edited:
Watching some VFL Frankston v Suns on the Gold Coast. Ground looks lovely and the weather is excellent.
Nice work Tigertim. We have just landed at the Gold Coast. Should be a good day.

Reactions: 1 user
We need to do what Sydney did in the middle last night and just man up against GCs mids and forget about whether we win the tap outs.

Stuff me, this is like a Tigers home game.

At Pacific Fair for a bite to eat and have not seen one GC supporter, that is, anyone wearing GC gear. Maybe they don’t know how to use public transport!

Seen a stack of Tigers supporters. At least 300-400.

AFL would have to be worried.

Reactions: 2 users
Can we win ugly - the pies did last week at Metricon so does that mean the suns struggle in a trench fight - I hope so.

I agree with some others, this will be a hard game to win away and I see us as the underdogs at the moment. I guess I have last years game against the suns in the back of my mind, it was one of the many frustrating games we lost when we should have won during that middle part of the season. But we had dropped the ball, hit the wall back then.

I know we are playing with more energy now, we are back in form, but there is a tipping point where we have to many seasoned midfielders out leaving us vulnerable.

Like last week, we will rely on our foot soldiers - baker, Pickett, Big Mac, Graham, Broad etc to get us over the line - they did last week, can they do it again.

Their season is on the line, so is ours, we are playing the better footy of the two teams, so we should win, but we will need to bring our grunt, our ability to fight it out and we are vulnerable.

Who wants it the most.

To close to call.

I’ve got a couple of nosebleed seats looking towards the sunset.

Beautiful temperature, fairly dry. Not as dry as it can get, and not as wet as it can get.
It’s really beautiful.

This is me. My brain tells me that if we play near where we have been we will win but somehow my old Richmond fears take over the brain :cry:
Yep, exactly the same. 40 years of scarring runs deep

Witts/Miller/Rowell/Anderson

They will need to dominate for GC to win.

Need to hold on in there.

Someone live at ground saying Dow is warming up. Could be sub but I am staying with my pre-game suspicion that Dow will replace Ross who won't come up.
Not long now to see if I'm right or not.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone live at ground saying Dow is warming up. Could be sub but I am staying with my pre-game suspicion that Dow will replace Ross who won't come up.
Not long now to see if I'm right or not.
You were on the money.