Game Day Rd 23 Tigers v Lions - Reasonably large final H & A game day thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day Rd 23 Tigers v Lions - Reasonably large final H & A game day thread

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
What a great Tiger crowd at the G yesterday ...76k plus, that’s bloody outstanding for a Sunday arvo, I got to Richmond around 11 and there was Tiges everywhere , The London was pumping by 12-30 , simply just a ripper day to be a Tiger.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
People forget we do not win the stats Pagan mentioned after the game - clearances, contested possessions, disposals etc etc. We are unique, you cannot look at stats in our games and work out who won. The only stat we consistently win is FA.

Brown OTC has lost the plot, he just said they'll win it. So much upside. Although Brown has form with ridiculous statements - eg Naughton as the best contested marking game ever . Brown the clown.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
People forget we do not win the stats Pagan mentioned after the game - clearances, contested possessions, disposals etc etc. We are unique, you cannot look at stats in our games and work out who won. The only stat we consistently win is FA.

Brown OTC has lost the plot, he just said they'll win it. So much upside. Although Brown has form with ridiculous statements - eg Naughton as the best contested marking game ever . Brown the clown.

What? The same Brown who said our list was overrated?
....then we won the premiership.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
yeah. After the WC win King analysis said "WC lost no fans etc etc, Barrass will never play that bad again" HA HA he played worse than John Manton's worst game last week!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Yep commentators going on about how Brisbane will be able to clean up a lot of things and be better in 2 weeks and ignoring the fact we weren’t at our best either.

If we didn’t stuff up so many scoring opportunities, particularly in the 2nd qtr we would have pumped them

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Imho we wouldn't have stuffed so many of those scoring chances if Caddy were playing higher. He is very canny forward.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
The Brions on their home deck = pressure for them I think.
Finals are dour affairs usually, we eat territory for breakfast.
20k tiger fans up there or more up there.
I felt early in the 3rd the Brions gave it their best but ran out of bullets in the end.

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I saw someone throw a "cut lunch" but as far as I saw it didn't connect

Maybe, but what about the potential to cause more serious injury, I seem to remember that was given as a reason to suspend a player earlier this year. Must be consistent.

DS

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

We also win the scoreboard stat consistently. Not sure that’s as important as clearances and contested possessions according to David King, Jono Brown, Dixon etc.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe, but what about the potential to cause more serious injury, I seem to remember that was given as a reason to suspend a player earlier this year. Must be consistent.

DS
If it’s a Richmond player then yes. Anyone else gets off.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
If we hadnt left 3 goals in the first ( all from Georgie boy ) they wouldnt have come back.

Stats are meaningless to us, but we cant allow Neale to get that many again on a smaller ground . The only stat that matters is the final score .

Really want to smash them now more than ever.

But they are at least a 4 goal better side with their home ground advantage plus umpires gunning for Grimes will make a close game.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I am not surw the MC would be that fussed about Neale racking them up if we are winning comfortably.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
That's for sure...I sensed something was up,when the Carpark at my station was fuller than I have seen it for a Sunday game...took 10 minutes to get off the platform at Richmond (mental note to self go out the Swans st end exits during finals)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That's for sure...I sensed something was up,when the Carpark at my station was fuller than I have seen it for a Sunday game...took 10 minutes to get off the platform at Richmond (mental note to self go out the Swans st end exits during finals)

Getting out at Brunton Ave is generally fine on the way in, but going home, I head straight for the Swan St Bridge and go in the other end. Was never like this when I was a kid and we had the old inefficient cardboard tickets. Technology: delivering more wasted time than you ever thought possible.

DS

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Getting out at Brunton Ave is generally fine on the way in, but going home, I head straight for the Swan St Bridge and go in the other end. Was never like this when I was a kid and we had the old inefficient cardboard tickets. Technology: delivering more wasted time than you ever thought possible.

DS

I used to really like those cardboard tickets.
Some people have vast collections of them.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
If we hadnt left 3 goals in the first ( all from Georgie boy ) they wouldnt have come back.

Stats are meaningless to us, but we cant allow Neale to get that many again on a smaller ground . The only stat that matters is the final score .

Really want to smash them now more than ever.

But they are at least a 4 goal better side with their home ground advantage plus umpires gunning for Grimes will make a close game.

Gabba - 156m - 138m
MCG - 161m - 138m

not a lot in it