Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020

I thought the Scraggers won 4 in a row. I remember Adelaide getting towelled up by Melbourne in the first final of one of their flags.
Footscray didn't lose a QF they won 4 finals. Adelaide did get towelled by Melbourne first week in 1998 but it was under the old McIntyre system; 4th vs 5th. Two highest ranked losers proceeded to next week of finals.

Reactions: 1 user
Now things get interesting, I'm pretty sure dimma came out once and said we dont lose to the same team twice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to win the flag we need to beat the following teams:
Port
Saints
Dogs
Lions
Pies
Wce and cats (odds one out but only chance would be in the grand final)

Each one of these teams, last time we played we lost.

As they say revenge is a best dish served cold.

Hawthorn lost their QF to the Eagles in 2015 before completing the hat-trick... against the Eagles
West Coast lost a QF to Sydney in 2006 before defeating them in the GF
Sydney lost a QF to West Coast in 2005 before defeating them in the GF
Brisbane lost a QF to Collingwood in 2003 before defeating them in the GF

We're not being asked to do the impossible. As long as this team has the belief, they can do it.

Four finals will theoretically be made easier by 25% less playing time.

Reactions: 5 users
No Soldo hurting us more :(
Yes that's why I am still furious about Hawkins being allowed to get away with shoving frequently; instinctively felt it might have ended our 2020 flag hopes when Soldo's leg mangled by the shove on Balta.
Might happen too. McInerney had a lot of influence on trhe game tonight. Nank received little support from Chol, but did think he (MB) was better in Q4 when rucking. No presence as a deep forward.

Yes that's why I am still furious about Hawkins being allowed to get away with shoving frequently; instinctively felt it might have ended our 2020 flag hopes when Soldo's leg mangled by the shove on Balta.
Might happen too. McInerney had a lot of influence on trhe game tonight. Nank received little support from Chol, but did think he (MB) was better in Q4 when rucking. No presence as a deep forward.

I rate McInerney as a ruck.

CCJ might've been handy. I feel confident he would've given a better showing than Chol as a forward.

.i couldnt understand grimes apology for staging last week.(strange timing & so many do far worse regularly)..
.& i reckon it affected his mindset more than once in packs.

I think it’s as sim0le as DTLD has been the Gorilla tamer and while he was out Balta took his role and imho did a better job overall, however now DTLD his gone back to his usual role and Balta is trying to get in sync in his new new role, hard for the lads after just 2 games
Worth trying Balta in Alex's role so Astbury and Grimes go back to the roles they had in 2017? The other backs are all vertically challenged but needed for their other attributes.

Reactions: 2 users
So why don't the bloody reporters comment on the umpiring instead of expecting a coach to put their neck out?

The commentary did not mention the inconsistencies at all. The journos can call out bad umpiring with no problems, a coach can't. Why don't they report what they see?

5 goals from free kicks to half time, that is bloody outrageous.

DS
Because it doesn't suit the narrative.
Journo's report stories people want to read, the majority of people want to read negative stories about Richmond now.
They're sick of us, the good stories for Richmond dried up about a week after our 2017 flag.
They want "Richmond coach blames umpires in loss" just like "Tigers wild brawl outside strip club", "Diving epidemic at Richmond", "Cotchin COVID breach", "Lynch at it again" etc ad bloody nauseam.

For whatever reason we've been at the bottom end of the free kick differential for 5 years now but most people still say "free kick Richmond" because it's never been highlighted in the media whatsoever.
Brisbane Lions Queensland fairytale Premiership is the narrative people want, they were creaming themselves with joy tonight so there'll be no mention of bad umpiring or 1 sided free kick count from the journos unless it's us whinging about it.

Last edited:
Yes there is little doubt Soldo's injury will hurt even more than we initially thought. He is everything that Chol is not. A fierce never say die competitor.

Worth trying Balta in Alex's role so Astbury and Grimes go back to the roles they had in 2017? The other backs are all vertically challenged but needed for their other attributes.

This

Running around getting in the way in marking contests so we have the outnumber and filling space along with Vlastuin.

DS

I have hated the shorter quarters all year. Scoring is an all time low, too hard for any teams to score goals. You might get 1 good qrt of scoring then it just dries up.

I've seen soccer matches with more goals then teams have been kicking this year, and it suxs big time.

And then want to make it 18 mins next year.

Get stuff you idiots in afl hq, leave the game time along, afl is a high scoring game and most scores used to come in the last 5 mins of each qrt when the game opens up. Atm its just pinball between the arcs.

Reactions: 4 users
Are u referring to any commentary from Dunstall this evening? If so what were his thoughts re: the tiges showing?

He was asked whether he thought the Tiges could still win it and he said absolutely. Both he and Nick R were both supportive that if anyone can come back from here its the Tiges.

Because it doesn't suit the narrative.
Journo's report stories people want to read, the majority of people want to read negative stories about Richmond now.
They're sick of us, the good stories for Richmond dried up about a week after our 2017 flag.
They want "Richmond coach blames umpires in loss" just like "Tigers wild brawl outside strip club", "Diving epidemic at Richmond", "Cotchin COVID breach", "Lynch at it again" etc ad bloody nauseam.

For whatever reason we've been at the bottom end of the free kick differential for 5 years now but most people still say "free kick Richmond" because it's never been highlighted in the media whatsoever.
Brisbane Lions Queensland fairytale Premiership is the narrative people want, they were creaming themselves with joy tonight so there'll be no mention of bad umpiring or 1 sided free kick count from the journos unless it's us whinging about it.

And there it is...

1601648339934.png

I don't think he was soft, was just trying to move it on quickly but should have taken possession and trusted the handball rather than go for the tap on.
No had to definitely take possession and use the ball well then. You need to be aware of the moment. Worst game from Bachar for years. Looked timid and ineffectual.

Our defence was really good
Our midfield and forward line was the issue.

Our defence was ok. I wouldn't say really good. We didn't take an intercept mark all game apparently (they spoke about it on Fox after the game, might have been no intercept marks inside our D50) but thats a massive part of our gameplan and we didn't get that going, which stops our rebound and hence why you didn't see players like Houli streaming from our D50 with ball in hand much tonight.

A bit like the other end, we had 5 marks inside 50, when we average 10 thats a massive drop and means less set shots.

The first half felt like we had the game on our terms, but I think that was just between the arcs, inside the 2 50's we just couldn't get our game going well.

Brisbane played well, but we butchered the ball a fair amount.

No had to definitely take possession and use the ball well then. You need to be aware of the moment. Worst game from Bachar for years. Looked timid and ineffectual.

Yeah I didn't deny that. I was denying that he was soft, he was trying to keep the ball moving but he should have taken possession and start a handball chain instead of going for the tap on, he wasn't about to be collected.