Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond vs Brisbane - QF 2020

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
And the question on everybody's lips.......(drumroll).....will Brisbane kick straight?

Actually - will we? "Could Mrs. Castagna please report to the Lost and Found Booth." "Could Mrs. Castagna please report to the Lost and Found Booth." "Little Jason is here and has apparently lost his lucky kicking boots."

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
In last year's QF, Lions had 25 scoring shots. As we know, they were inaccurate. Don't want to see anywhere near 25 scores this time.

Don't buy into that crap.
We flogged them. They waved the white flag after half time.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
An unnamed prelim spring’s to mind
That was a game where we were in the process of maintaining an 80+ year old hoodoo on our opponent. Unfortunately, like all hoodoos do eventually, it came to an end that night. Let's hope the current 16 year old hoodoo we have over the lions at the Gabba gets to at least the same age as the one we had over the scum in finals.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
A few beers in and seriously pumped.

Sent a little good luck text to Dustin this afternoon and got a very rare reply which always gets the juices flowing.

yep. He sent me a dic pick too.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Still going on about Fox about accuracy from last year.

Mentioned Q1 when they dominated territory, they had 23-6 inside 50's and scored 4-6 compared to our 3-0.

It doesn't suit teams to dominate territory this much against the Tiges, we drop back a bit more and it makes it almost impossible to get set shots within the most important area (upto 30m out in the corridor), which is why they kicked from 50m out, very wide or snapping out of congestion.

Happy if they do that again, we will get them on the break just like we did last year.

The teams we struggle against the most, move the ball quickly and don't allow us to setup, move it slow and allow us to setup defensively and you get the inaccuracy that you deserve.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
yeah, that describes me as well.

I keep on thinking that Brisbane has to beat us at some point and we just keep on beating them and I have that feeling again.

What is very clear from the quotes from inside the Lions camp this week is that they are going to be intent on slowing us down. I don't think that they believe that if the game is fast and frenetic they can win.
Yep, likewise.
But slowing the game down did not work for Geesook or Weagles. In fact, it enables us to ratchet up the pressure. i reviewed our previous H&A win the other day and that was noticeable when they tried this; they could not find an easy target; looked up and were lost, and stagnated.
But they will turn it around some time; just not yet,
However, if they really can improve their GK accuracy can apply more S/B pressure and make it much closer match. So our pressure is vital.
Think they can win CLRs again but both our attack and defence still too good. Chol must step up.

Tigers by 22.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yep, likewise.
But slowing the game down did not work for Geesook or Weagles. In fact, it enables us to ratchet up the pressure. i reviewed our previous H&A win the other day and that was noticeable when they tried this; they could not find an easy target; looked up and were lost, and stagnated.
But they will turn it around some time; just not yet,
However, if they really can improve their GK accuracy can apply more S/B pressure and make it much closer match. So our pressure is vital.
Think they can win CLRs again but both our attack and defence still too good. Chol must step up.

Tigers by 22.

Its troubled us occasionally in the past, generally been against teams that kick exceptionally. The Eagles picked us apart in 2018 for example, but the problem is the Lions are not a great kicking team, its not their best skill set and I don't see that style really hurting us that badly. They may dominate some territory and then fail to hit the targets where they want them so they will take pot shots either out of congestion or from either far out or wide.

Even last year the easier shots they missed were in the 2nd quarter last year where they probably should have kicked all 4 behinds, but that quarter was not controlled by them, we controlled it more and therefore our defence was a little bit more open.