GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY SEMI THREAD - Tiger vs Saints

Just had a thunderstorm come through.

Unforecast. Its really humid here.

A storm tonight wouldnt surprise me at all.

Either way, its gonna be pretty warm and thick i reckon

Everytime I've watched Stk this year I've thought geez they have improved. Sometimes they look spectacular. We would wanna be switched on tonight. (But I really have one eye on next week.)
On the flip side, I've watched them in some other games (especially late in the season) and thought "How the hell is this team going to make the finals".

Reactions: 1 users
Expecting the saints to do a Brisbane and try to get under our skins.
Chris Judd became infamous for applying a chicken wing tackle for which he was rightfully suspended. It looked like the same tactic was employed against Bolton by big Oscar last Thursday, with his Bolts retaliation leading to a 50 meter penalty and Brisbane goal.

Reactions: 1 user
Just had a thunderstorm come through.

Unforecast. Its really humid here.

A storm tonight wouldnt surprise me at all.

Either way, its gonna be pretty warm and thick i reckon
Last night's Ch.7 Jane Bunn's WR for 25* start of game and 23* at HT. Add high humidity I guess. Strong chance of dewy?

On the flip side, I've watched them in some other games (especially late in the season) and thought "How the hell is this team going to make the finals".

Yep classic inconsistent side on the up.

Well want to land some solid blows early.

Keep them quiet early. As long as they don't get a quick start they will fizzle away. They are a team that play on momentum as they have a side full of downhill skiers. Get them early and they wont be an issue.

Reactions: 3 users
Keep them quiet early. As long as they don't get a quick start they will fizzle away. They are a team that play on momentum as they have a side full of downhill skiers. Get them early and they wont be an issue.
Yep reckon this is the key tonight.

The Saints will have a crack (why wouldn't they?) but I remain quietly confident that the Tigers will win and advance to the prelim.
Last week's result against the Lions was a kick in the arse and a reminder that finals footy requires a fully focused and totally committed team to win.
As some others have suggested, if the Tigers can't beat the Saints tonight then obviously they aren't good enough to go B2B.
Reckon the Tigers will get the job done tonight.
Richmond by 23 points.

Have heard a few people, including Saints fans, say they have a good record against us. They don't.
Since 2010 they have beaten us 3 times from 14 games, 2 wins from 6 since 2017.
It might be as in the 2 wins they weren't the bookies favourite but give me a 66% strike rate any day.
maybe they mean't St Kilda coach Ratten.
Hardwick has never beaten Ratten yet. 7-0 as the record stands.

Chris Judd became infamous for applying a chicken wing tackle for which he was rightfully suspended. It looked like the same tactic was employed against Bolton by big Oscar last Thursday, with his Bolts retaliation leading to a 50 meter penalty and Brisbane goal.
yes, nothing said about that.

Ezy's back!!

Border crossing change came at just the right time for you, so good to hear.

My 2 boys and I will be there too, lets hope we all leave happy

@BrisTiger24 going too?
You betcha. Already hydrating for the big game.

I was confident of a 10 goal win yesterday. Im down to 4 goals and by the time the game starts i will be happy to just get the *smile* win!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Taking Mrs EZ along for her first tiger final tonight, along with EZJ.

No where near as nervy as last week. last week I was 8/10, this week 4/10.

Tigers by 34. $hai kicks 5, but 1 is auto review downgraded as the snicko picks up a bee's *smile* brushing the post as the ball sails through the middle
Sounds like a good night out i'll take that man.

Shai is fast becoming the bloke gettting critical goals disallowed by reviews at critical points in the game and the last 2 cost us the GWS game and helped bury us last week when we were making a late run with some momentum.

At the end of the match we'll be the undisputed favourites for the Premiership. and talk will start about what Port will have to do to try to beat us.

We don't *smile* up like we did last week 2 weeks in a row.

If we win tonight we meet the Kochies.

If we beat the Kochies over trheir on their shitheap with the crowd and umpiring also against us we win the flag.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If we win tonight we meet the Kochies.

If we beat the Kochies over trher on their shitheap with the crowd and umpiring also against us we win the flag.
Yep , i think the same , Port is the toughest game of the 3 , that is the one I see us losing if we are unsuccessful

I really would love Brisbane in a GF , no way would they beat us twice in a month

The challenge is much bigger now as we have 3 teams in the way who arent scared of us because all 3 have recently beaten us.

But unlike last week I'm not looking past tonight, its likely to be a torrid task tonight, and if we don't bring it tonight our season could end quite abruptly.

Yep , i think the same , Port is the toughest game of the 3 , that is the one I see us losing if we are unsuccessful

I really would love Brisbane in a GF , no way would they beat us twice in a month

One game at time.I don't see Port as a major threat our best can beat them.Last time we we're undermanned big-time to and we we're in the game.Pressure on them at home and big expectations.